Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

Putins young gymnastic squeeze and their 4 children are holed up in Switzerland ..  why don’t we launch a special military operation ..  launch a few rockets into her garden ..  cut off all gas and electric and food supplies to the house ..  if she tries to escape but a round into her leg ..  then after a while offer her safe passage on foot back to her boyfriend ..  via the alps. 

I know I know ..  load of crap ..  but just wonder how he would feel. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Lorry crashing into Russian embassy gate in Dublin was a 'violation of territory,' say staff

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/evp8FP

Sent via @updayUK

Oh the irony of calling it a "violation of territory".

Didn't they get a text message to say their delivery would arrive between 1 and 3 pm?

7 minutes ago, Stivo said:

I so want Ukraine to be victorious but this makes me nervous

5 minutes ago, Smudge said:

I watched, with interest that Oxford Union interview with Sir John Sawyers (ex MI6 Head). He related a story told by Putin about a time when he was a boy and was chasing rats in his building. Eventually Putin relates, he had one cornered and rather than giving in, it jumped at his neck and escaped. Putin's moral to the story was, don't corner a rat. Sawyers' take was that Putin shouldn't be cornered either and needs to be given a face saving exit.

Wise words ..  yet again I’m talking bolox ..  let’s forget that idea and concentrate on helping the refugees and worry about how we’ll cope without his oil and gas. 

While he concentrates on wiping Ukraine and it’s inhabitants of the face of the earth. 

P. S. No offence Smudge your post was interesting and informative but I’m just getting frustrated  ….  :(

• Like 1

Just now, Bellend Sebastian said:

I so want Ukraine to be victorious but this makes me nervous

I don’t agree with this move. This is an escalation. Russia has already warned. 
However, by announcing this, it does provide a warning to Putin. I hope this is not a miscalculation and rather there is more then we realise to this move.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Don’t hold your breath Col ..  they just have interviewed a few Ruskies in the street ..  oh yes we are 100% behind Mr Putin ! ..  and they weren’t oldies either ..

Not the whole population, then?

They're bound to because to say that otherwise  they risk arrest, as we have seen.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I don’t agree with this move. This is an escalation. Russia has already warned. 
However, by announcing this, it does provide a warning to Putin. I hope this is not a miscalculation and rather there is more then we realise to this move.

It might be a strong arm tactic for the negotiations, the usa having them is a step nearer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stivo said:

It might be a strong arm tactic for the negotiations, the usa having them is a step nearer.

Yes I think that’s likely, but it’s teetering on unwise escalation if not. It means they are in the US for safe storage so it’s a chess piece that can’t be destroyed by Russia also.

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Yes I think that’s likely, but it’s teetering on unwise escalation if not. It means they are in the US for safe storage so it’s a chess piece that can’t be destroyed by Russia also.

They are going to the big us base in Germany…

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Putins young gymnastic squeeze and their 4 children are holed up in Switzerland ..  why don’t we launch a special military operation ..  launch a few rockets into her garden ..  cut off all gas and electric and food supplies to the house ..  if she tries to escape but a round into her leg ..  then after a while offer her safe passage on foot back to her boyfriend ..  via the alps. 

I know I know ..  load of crap ..  but just wonder how he would feel. 

You know what? I'm 98.86% sure he wouldn't give a ****. The people that care about the next generation/others are usually not the same people that threaten nuclear warfare I've found.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

You know what? I'm 98.86% sure he wouldn't give a ****. The people that care about the next generation/others are usually not the same people that threaten nuclear warfare I've found.

You’re probably right ..  he’s more likely to have himself cloned before he pegs it. 

Can people stop saying this probably isn’t what most Russians want, like it is now in anyway important. Russia or the soviets, don’t get to want or have choice like we understand, they are institutionalised. They don’t even know themselves, they’ve lived under these conditions and dictatorships for so many generations this could be acceptable. Even if they do want it, they’re are conditioned this way, it’s a design. Tragic. 
We complain about our politics but we really don’t realise how free we are.

On a side note kinda not related I guess, but it doesn’t help the anxiety to hear planes more frequently over your house on a day-to-day basis. I’ve realised that EMA must have changed their flight path to and from the airport as it is normal planes. 

just thought I would let you all know. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stivo said:

There’s going to be a point when Putin decides that the west donating military hardware to Ukraine is an act of war and he'll start launching the big bombs.

56 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Can people stop saying this probably isn’t what most Russians want, like it is now in anyway important. Russia or the soviets, don’t get to want or have choice like we understand, they are institutionalised. They don’t even know themselves, they’ve lived under these conditions and dictatorships for so many generations this could be acceptable. Even if they do want it, they’re are conditioned this way, it’s a design. Tragic. 
We complain about our politics but we really don’t realise how free we are.

That’s not quite true, the younger Russians have been brought up with alternative information resources and they’re the one who are mainly against the war, the older generations are still reliant on state media for their information through tv and radio, so the majority of older people believe what their government tells them, that they are fighting nazis in Ukraine. It’ll start kicking off in Russia when the coffins start coming home. It was the mothers that basically put an end to the last conflict they had when they started to realise their sons weren’t coming home alive.

eg

as a side note, last time I went to turkey on holiday there were a number of younger Russians there and it felt like they had been let of the leash, so to speak, got talking to one bloke and it was I’ve got a Mercedes and a new iPad etc, it felt like he was almost bragging about stuff we take for granted, like it was all new and I think it’s that sort of stuff that defines western ideals and the younger Russians want it but the older generations, like Putin and his sidekicks don’t.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

On a practical note where are these planes going to take off from. If they are in Germany, that would mean they would have to fly over Germany and Poland to get there drawing both nations into a non defensive role. If there is an airfield in Ukraine still available, I can't imagine Ivan doesn't know about it. 

27 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

On a side note kinda not related I guess, but it doesn’t help the anxiety to hear planes more frequently over your house on a day-to-day basis. I’ve realised that EMA must have changed their flight path to and from the airport as it is normal planes. 

just thought I would let you all know. 

There are several flight paths in and out of EMA. You are not hearing aircraft "more frequently", you are simply more receptive to it. Also, there is a significant amount of cargo that operates from the airport. 

22 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

That’s not quite true, the younger Russians have been brought up with alternative information resources and they’re the one who are mainly against the war, the older generations are still reliant on state media for their information through tv and radio, so the majority of older people believe what their government tells them, that they are fighting nazis in Ukraine. It’ll start kicking off in Russia when the coffins start coming home. It was the mothers that basically put an end to the last conflict they had when they started to realise their sons weren’t coming home alive.

eg

I think you’re missing the point I was making! (Or maybe I didn’t make it well enough).

It wasn’t a statement of them all supporting it, I was saying even those that do, they can’t know it’s wrong. It’s all they know. It’s a bit like you don’t argue with your elders over religion, even if it seems ridiculous.

I agree the younger generation are more likely to have a diverse opinion because of access to alternate information. 
That’s why I hope we don’t isolate the population of Russia too much with these sanctions.

Edited by Strokes

2 hours ago, Stivo said:

Strong move imo, even if they have done it via the US. They can't let Putin scare them with his words, he's even somewhat alluded to military action if other nations join nato, which is their own decision entirely. 

The more we pander to what Putin says will provoke escalation, whilst he's bombing innocent Ukrainians, the more he'll get his power trip imo

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I think you’re missing the point I was making! (Or maybe I didn’t make it well enough).

It wasn’t a statement of them all supporting it, I was saying even those that do, they can’t know it’s wrong. It’s all they know. It’s a bit like you don’t argue with your elders over religion, even if it seems ridiculous.

I agree the younger generation are more likely to have a diverse opinion because of access to alternate information. 
That’s why I hope we don’t isolate the population of Russia too much with these sanctions.

It won’t be us that isolate them, it will be the people in power because they don’t want to lose grip of their power.

7 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Strong move imo, even if they have done it via the US. They can't let Putin scare them with his words, he's even somewhat alluded to military action if other nations join nato, which is their own decision entirely. 

The more we pander to what Putin says will provoke escalation, whilst he's bombing innocent Ukrainians, the more he'll get his power trip imo

The big thing is that Putin has the ability to destroy the world, if he’s going to do that there’s not a lot we can do about it, but is he prepared to do it, even it he faces defeat, so we, the west might as well supply Ukraine with our hardware cos he might push the button anyway. 
 Personally I don’t think Putin is to blame for all this, he’s not on the front line, so to speak, he can only act on the advise of those who surround him, if they tell a few porkies about nazis in Ukraine, how’s he to know it’s bollocks. It’s Putins advisers who are to blame, and that levrov bloke looks a right mean cvnt.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The big thing is that Putin has the ability to destroy the world, if he’s going to do that there’s not a lot we can do about it, but is he prepared to do it, even it he faces defeat, so we, the west might as well supply Ukraine with our hardware cos he might push the button anyway. 
 Personally I don’t think Putin is to blame for all this, he’s not on the front line, so to speak, he can only act on the advise of those who surround him, if they tell a few porkies about nazis in Ukraine, how’s he to know it’s bollocks. It’s Putins advisers who are to blame, and that levrov bloke looks a right mean cvnt.

I think Putin is totally to blame for all this ..  

• Like 4