Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

England friendlies.

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

4 wins out of 27 against the top 10 if we don't win this tonight.  Astonishing.

Purely out of interest, I wonder how this record compares to recent past England managers.

I'd bet our overall record against top 10 teams isn’t all that good, seems to be a running theme.

• Like 1

Just now, leicsmac said:

Purely out of interest, I wonder how this record compares to recent past England managers.

I'd bet our overall record against top 10 teams isn’t all that good, seems to be a running theme.

But also look at the talent pool now. We should be competing and at least winning more than we have. It's so poor. It must a mentality thing that is ingrained into English football

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

The difference is that this team is MILES clear of anything we've had for the last 20 years.

The whole of Europe sees it.  This isn't a case of hyping ourselves up.  

But despite the abundance of talent we are still honking.  

Edited by BlueSi13
  • Like 2

Just now, fox_favourite said:

But also look at the talent pool now. We should be competing and at least winning more than we have. It's so poor. It must a mentality thing that is ingrained into English football

And the "Golden Generation" should have been competing and winning more than it did.That kind of discussion is always so subjective and there's no quantifiable right answer.

Agree about the mentality aspect.

Just now, BlueSi13 said:

The difference is that this team is MILES clear of anything we've had for the last 20 years.

The whole of Europe sees it.  This isn't a case of hyping ourselves up.  

But despite the abundance of talent we are still honking.  

See above re. subjectivity.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

And the "Golden Generation" should have been competing and winning more than it did.That kind of discussion is always so subjective and there's no quantifiable right answer.

Agree about the mentality aspect.

See above re. subjectivity.

Relative to the rest of the world / Europe, your current squad is as close to objectively better than the "Golden Generation" as possible. 

With the exception of France, most of Europe's big sides are going through some sort of transition or crisis.