Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

England friendlies.

12 minutes ago, adam said:

Still no palmer. What's the point in calling these players up if your not gonna give them a go.

Branthwaite as well. Been one of the best centre backs in the league season. Not even a minute. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Nah man, I reckon our thoughts on burden of proof about something being objective differ a bit, and that's fair enough.

The points about there being a dearth of talented managers at international level I'd absolutely go with, though.

So you think Southgate's talent, comparable to all of the other managers in the world, is equal or greater to Foden m, Bellingham, Kane, etc talent relative to other players? 

These are Champions League players in contention for Ballons Dor. 

Gareth Southgate had had one senior management job before England, seven years before, was at Boro where he finished 12th, 13th and then got relegated and sacked and basically walked away from management. 

Edited by Finnegan

Southgate has history of calling players up to their first squad and not using them. As part of their transition into the 'squad environment'

Good player but Onana is a bellend. 

I don't want to be the celebration police, but Southgate seemed a bit relieved with that. Think we deserved a draw.

Probably deserved that truth be told. 

Faes picking the ball up out of the net after a 94th minute equaliser holding on to a 1 goal lead for over 60 minutes :ph34r:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

So you think Southgate's talent, comparable to all of the other managers in the world, is equal or greater to Foden m, Bellingham, Kane, etc talent relative to other players? 

These are Champions League players in contention for Ballons Dor. 

Gareth Southgate had had one senior management job before England, seven years before, was at Boro where he finished 12th, 13th and then got relegated and sacked and basically walked away from management. 

I think there is at least room for debate on the topic and seeing as the talent pool in international is rather limited I'm interested in thinking about who could be proven to do a better job.

But it's perfectly plausible that you and others here are exactly right and a great deal better could be done.

• Like 1

Just now, HybridFox said:

Bellingham's just ensured a new 10 year extension for Southgate

Southgate was pitching a tent when that went in.  

The media will be telling us that was a masterful performance.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Southgate has history of calling players up to their first squad and not using them. As part of their transition into the 'squad environment'

Good player but Onana is a bellend. 

I don't want to be the celebration police, but Southgate seemed a bit relieved with that. Think we deserved a draw.

Mainoo hadn’t even had a 21’s call up though? 

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Read a week or so ago that Gomez should go because of his versatility. He's only versatile because he isn't good enough in one particular position.

He’s the Darren Kenton of international football.