Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

England friendlies.

Bellingham probably carried England over the last two performances, though tonight I'd say Bowen stood out for me felt this was best run out in an England shirt. Sadly out of the two friendlies quite a few have proved their a million miles away from becoming an England regular. Maybe some have not had enough playing time in a england shirt prior and was two tough games to make your debuts. Based on these friendlies these are the players I think that have secured a place on the plane for Germany.

Kane

Bellingham

Rice

Pickford (no one else good enough for the number 1 shirt)

Stones

Walker

Foden (Though was pretty poor over the two friendlies) 

Bowen

Mainoo (Very impressed, he should be pleased with himself with his induction to the three lions)

Saka

Toney has made the list yet as his performance tonight despite the goal wasn't that amazing,  So as it stands only ten done enough to secure a place. Of course Southgate no doubt I think as already got 20 players down, even though some of that 20 maybe out of form or not have enough game time in an England jersey plus the usual favourites. 

I'd be interested to everyone's secured places and who you think Southgate as picked for his 25 man squad for the tournament with injuries aside.

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Bellingham probably carried England over the last two performances, though tonight I'd say Bowen stood out for me felt this was best run out in an England shirt. Sadly out of the two friendlies quite a few have proved their a million miles away from becoming an England regular. Maybe some have not had enough playing time in a england shirt prior and was two tough games to make your debuts. Based on these friendlies these are the players I think that have secured a place on the plane for Germany.

Kane

Bellingham

Rice

Stones

Walker

Bowen

Mainoo (Very impressed, he should be pleased with himself with his induction to the three lions)

Saka

Toney has made the list yet as his performance tonight despite the goal wasn't that amazing,  So as it stands only ten done enough to secure a place. Of course Southgate no doubt I think as already got 20 players down, even though some of that 20 maybe out of form or not have enough game time in an England jersey plus the usual favourites. 

I'd be interested to everyone's secured places and who you think Southgate as picked for his 25 man squad for the tournament with injuries aside.

Maguire is on the plane, everyone knows that regardless of how much he plays for Man Utd or how well he plays for England.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Kane

Bellingham

Rice

Stones

Walker

Bowen

Saka

There are very few places up for grabs. 

Pickford

Ramsdale

Johnstone

Walker

Trent

Trippier

Shaw 
Chilwell

Stones 

Maguire 

Rice

Bellingham

Henderson

Mainoo

Saka

Foden

Rashford

Kane

I think they’re the nailed on players. 

It’s only a 23 man squad for the Euro’s so can only see one of Watkins and Toney going. He’ll want two more centre halves for sure, so you’re probably looking at Dunk and then who the last one will be is anyone’s guess, really. 

So then you’ve got 2 players to choose from:

Maddison, Grealish, Bowen, Palmer, James, Phillips, Jones (unlikely but they like him) 

Personally I think it’s a 3 player shootout between Maddison, Bowen and Palmer. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Pickford

Ramsdale

Johnstone

Walker

Trent

Trippier

Shaw 
Chilwell

Stones 

Maguire 

Rice

Bellingham

Henderson

Mainoo

Saka

Foden

Rashford

Kane

It’s only a 23 man squad for the Euro’s so can only see one of Watkins and Toney going. He’ll want two more centre halves for sure, so you’re probably looking at Dunk and then who the last one will be is anyone’s guess, really. 

Maddison, Grealish, Bowen, Palmer, James, Phillips, Jones (unlikely but they like him) 

Think this is bang on what will happen. Likely Palmer wont get selected as he didnt have a chance in these friendlies so possibly even a shootout between Bowen and Maddison. Bowen is more consistent but Maddison off the bench has greater ability to produce something special.

5 hours ago, MPH said:

:(

( I’m sure this is fake btw and it’s in reverse …)

The scary thing is is that some would believe that it's real at first glance..

• Like 2

On 27/03/2024 at 09:38, Bert said:

Pickford

Ramsdale

Johnstone

Walker

Trent

Trippier

Shaw 
Chilwell

Stones 

Maguire 

Rice

Bellingham

Henderson

Mainoo

Saka

Foden

Rashford

Kane

Rashford i think may miss out in place of Watkins. Dont think many will disagree with that based on form of Rashford this season, but internationally im not convinced with Watkins.

Edited by Leicesterpool

10 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Rashford i think may miss out in place of Watkins. Dont think many will disagree with that based on form of Rashford this season, but internationally im not convinced with Watkins.

There’s talk of squad sizes being expanded to 26. If so then they both go. But for

me, Rashford goes ahead of Watkins. Rashford predominantly plays out wide, and don’t get me wrong Watkins can but he more exclusively plays as centre forward these days. None of them are going to start centre forward ahead of Kane. 

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Just imagine if Haaland choose is place of birth. Wow imagine having a partnership of Kane and Haaland.

Wouldn’t happen. Southgate would play one up top.