Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Roma Home Tickets - Thursday 28th April 8PM

Finally got my daughter a seat using my mates sons reference. 

The dude said it might be likely that ST holderscan buy guest tickets by the end of tge day rather than these being released to the General public.

I can understand  something like that in a way to stop the Roma fans infiltrating  our end.

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

I know it’s a long shot but if anyone can help with one adult and one u16 ticket I would be very grateful - we can’t normally do midweeks because we live in Brighton but my boy has his heart set on a first ever European experience…was hoping it would go to general sale but that’s not looking likely now. 

🙏🏼cheers 

24 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What a club. Desperate to shift worthless memberships. Horrid. 

??

They didnt try to sell memberships as you cant buy them until the new season.

Think you read my post wrongly or I stated it incorrectly.

41 minutes ago, Raj said:

??

They didnt try to sell memberships as you cant buy them until the new season.

Think you read my post wrongly or I stated it incorrectly.

Sorry, the point I was making is that they're so reluctant to put anything on general sale, they're sticking the already expensive tickets behind a £45 quid paywall. 

I really can't see us filling the expansion every week with the structure as it is now. 10% increase on matchday tickets incoming as well, that'll push adult tickets in the Kop to over £40 for games against Palace and Brentford ffs. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What a club. Desperate to shift worthless memberships. Horrid. 

The memberships are sold out, so it isn’t that.

To call memberships worthless isn’t accurate though. You need a ticket and can’t buy one because you don’t have one. Seems like they’re not worthless to me 😂

Edited by phoneticerror

4 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

The memberships are sold out, so it isn’t that.

To call memberships worthless isn’t accurate though. You need a ticket and can’t buy one because you don’t have one. Seems like they’re not worthless to me 😂

Yeah, they're shifting the expectation that you have to have a membership to buy a ticket. 

£45 fee per season to then pay the match day prices (which are going up 10% next season). Like I say, we simply don't have the demand for that for 39K home fans. 

21 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah, they're shifting the expectation that you have to have a membership to buy a ticket. 

£45 fee per season to then pay the match day prices (which are going up 10% next season). Like I say, we simply don't have the demand for that for 39K home fans. 

I live 30mins away and have never attended a Leicester game but would buy a ticket for this game if I could. The club are crazy if they don't open this up to general sale. There must be quite a few others who want to go to this game who might come to future games if they like what they see. Putting off potential future customers is dumb.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RichardTheThird said:

I live 30mins away and have never attended a Leicester game but would buy a ticket for this game if I could. The club are crazy if they don't open this up to general sale. There must be quite a few others who want to go to this game who might come to future games if they like what they see. Putting off potential future customers is dumb.

That's all well and good but this is the issue the club have.

No disrespect to anyone, but you want to come to this game but did you want to come and see Tennes at a cheaper price?

Here then is the problem.

We can easily sell out the "bigger" games but not the Rennes, Watfords, Burnleys...

Just now, Raj said:

That's all well and good but this is the issue the club have.

No disrespect to anyone, but you want to come to this game but did you want to come and see Tennes at a cheaper price?

Here then is the problem.

We can easily sell out the "bigger" games but not the Rennes, Watfords, Burnleys...

That's a fair point but do they want to sell the tickets or not? Why pass up the opportunity to increase the casual fanbase? Not many clubs sell out all their games. Lots of prem games will have tourists. I don't see the problem as long as they aren't supporting the away team.

34 minutes ago, RichardTheThird said:

That's a fair point but do they want to sell the tickets or not? Why pass up the opportunity to increase the casual fanbase? Not many clubs sell out all their games. Lots of prem games will have tourists. I don't see the problem as long as they aren't supporting the away team.

In THIS instance this will be the clubs biggest fears with regards to Romas ultras

The club have possibly weighed up the risk of selling 3000 extra tickets on general sale with the potential for Roma fans to infiltrate various parts of the home end and the possible fines incurred from UEFA should it kick off. Also the possible increase in policing required. 

They should be able to sell to members with purchase history but that may well be a technical issue that the system isn't capable of.

Interesting that the Memberships sold out, I do wonder whether Roma fans were trying that route.

5 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

The club have possibly weighed up the risk of selling 3000 extra tickets on general sale with the potential for Roma fans to infiltrate various parts of the home end and the possible fines incurred from UEFA should it kick off. Also the possible increase in policing required. 

They should be able to sell to members with purchase history but that may well be a technical issue that the system isn't capable of.

Interesting that the Memberships sold out, I do wonder whether Roma fans were trying that route.

They probably stopped selling memberships to avoid Roma fans buying them and then a ticket. I also don't think the system is limited and selling based on booking history is a possibility that the club have to make available.

Would be criminal if the club prevented a sellout by not selling to all fans.

I can imagine there are genuine reasons for this not making general sale. You can no longer buy memberships so it’s not a way of them flogging more of these. There are probably legitimate concerns about it going to general sale from a security perspective. If they release them for general sale and there is crowd trouble UEFA will have all the stick they need to beat the club with, not to mention I imagine the police have had their say. 

I can empathise with those that have been to other European games this season that now can’t get a ticket, but to be fair to the club they have always advertised memberships as the best (and often only) way to secure match tickets. As others have said though, the common sense compromise would be to release them to those with a booking history. Either way they’re surely going to have to make a decision imminently given the tickets need to be posted out. 

Edited by rn9013

Just now, Joe90lcfc said:

Why can’t they sell to the fans  that have recent history payments  of the European games at least??????  This is pure filth  and unforgiving from the club!!!! Our first semi final in Europe and you are holding FANS back! **** you leicester 

Disappointing for sure. Son and I got earlier Euro home tickets via general release, would even pay the membership fee on top of the Roma ticket price if we could get in.

2839 unsold tickets as at 2pm on Monday.

3 minutes ago, ReadingFox said:

Disappointing for sure. Son and I got earlier Euro home tickets via general release, would even pay the membership fee on top of the Roma ticket price if we could get in.

2839 unsold tickets as at 2pm on Monday.

It honestly gets me livid, me and my daughter are in the same boat, simple way to solve this pure lazy from club 

On the point of booking history, it's exactly what Marseille have done for their fixture v Feyenoord where the demand for the away end is more than the allocation. 

I am baffled that a club of a Premier League standing can't do that given Conference clubs are capable of such operations for local derbies.