Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

3 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Calvin Ramsay gone to Liverpool for £6.5m. A potentially v good player we've missed out on because we were pissing about in January.

In the meantime, that concludes Liverpool's summer business with all the players they wanted through the door, before our 'summer rebuild' has even begun.

Well there's advantages to just being able to spaff 130m up the wall without actually selling anyone.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ramsay is a talent but to be honest, Joe Wormleighton is well worth the development. Genuinely think he'll make it to the top.

Always very hard to predict but can you see him breaking through next season? Or maybe a season too early 

19 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

Always very hard to predict but can you see him breaking through next season? Or maybe a season too early 

Full backs seem to be the position that break through more easily than the others and we have a lot of injuries there in recent years so who knows. I've never seen him look anything other than excellent, I'd even go as far as saying he's more certain to make it than Braybrooke and Alves as mad as that sounds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Love thread, reminds me of last year when people were claiming Villa would finish about us due to their summer transfer business.

Or when Wolves signed Trincao and it’s was the end of the world. He was shite last season. Sure we haven’t solved the RW problem yet but nor would we have had we signed him despite the near universal clamour here. Pretty sure Elyounoussi was once coveted on here when he was at Basel, now everybody would run a mile from him.

Admittedly the worrying bit for us is the lack of positive noises about anything. A couple of weeks to pre-season and there’s not even been a whiff of anything.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, but why on earth would we want another RB?   

Football isn't like a Panini sticker album - hmm, maybe Pokemon where we have 'gotta sign them all'

lol

Maybe because Ricardo is 28 and has missed a huge chunk of the last two seasons through injury? Or our other option, James Justin, has been similarly injured and has played most of his better games on the left hand side of our defence?

But yeah, who needs decent backup options for under £10m? We can just stick Dan Amartey there. Actually, now you mention it - we've got at least one player in every position in our squad, someone should call Top and tell him to call off the summer rebuild.

Edited by indierich06

Just now, indierich06 said:

Maybe because Ricardo is 28 and has missed a huge chunk of the last two seasons through injury? Or our other option, James Justin, has been similarly injured and has played most of his better games on the left hand side of our defence?

But yeah, who needs decent backup options for under £10m. We can just stick Dan Amartey there. Actually, now you mention it - we've got at least one player in every position in our squad, someone should call Top and tell him to call off the summer rebuild.

I would suggest we have more pressing needs rather than blowing any budget we have in a world of what-ifs

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Arsenal agreed a fee for Fabio Vieira from Porto 😳😳😳

Seems an odd signing… not sure where he fits with Saka / ESR / Odegaard / Martinelli even Pepe etc. Just another rotation option really.

They’d be better off signing a striker and CM surely. 

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I would suggest we have more pressing needs rather than blowing any budget we have in a world of what-ifs

Our first 11 is good, but this season has shown us that our squad depth is absolutely shocking. Yes - our transfer budget is tight and will likely be a mix of investment and revenue from player sales. But in a world where most Premier League transfers are >£20m, we've missed out on a bargain option that we could potentially have signed in January, that addresses a weaker area in our side, and would have been a solid investment for the future. It would have strengthened our side for a small % of our overall likely budget. Our main RB has not managed more than 15 PL games since the 19/20 season, which is a problem considering a) how very poor we've been defensively and b) given that we've always looked our best when deploying overlapping attacking fullbacks - something that has been missing/inconsistent on the right hand side for some time.

If you think there's no need for good, quality cover at full back and that £6.5m is an irresponsible investment at a time when funds are tight, then I have to say I think you're wrong on both counts.

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Nah I'm with @Dahnsouff, I would leave our first 4 choice full backs as they are - all of them are decent. Ramsay would be a nice to have, but not necessity. Besides, if Liverpool are interested then he's never coming here anyway. 

Well, the point was that they weren't interested in Jan.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, but why on earth would we want another RB?   

Football isn't like a Panini sticker album - hmm, maybe Pokemon where we have 'gotta sign them all'

lol

Because Ricardo is made of Shortbread?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Because Ricardo is made of Shortbread?

But thats what we have Castagne for. 

Not to mention JJ but I feel like he's fully classed as a LB for us now, hes much better at playing on the left than Castagne as well.

18 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

But thats what we have Castagne for. 

Not to mention JJ but I feel like he's fully classed as a LB for us now, hes much better at playing on the left than Castagne as well.

Personally I disagree, Justin has looked far more comfortable and better on the right. I’d even argue he’s wasted on the left. It is good that he can cover both positions though.

1 minute ago, wattolcfc said:

Personally I disagree, Justin has looked far more comfortable and better on the right. I’d even argue he’s wasted on the left. It is good that he can cover both positions though.

Check out Justin's entire career stats. Much better on the left compared to right, likewise castagne much better on the right

• Like 3

So Tarkowski signs for Everton....  Didn't we try to sign him a couple of years ago?

Then we bought Vestegaard... Hmmm

I think there's a chance he's better than Vestegaard but yet he chooses Everton and on a free!

Did we not enquire even?

Maybe  he thinks Lampard is a better bet than Rodgers?

Only a thought people.... 🤔

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, J. James said:

So Tarkowski signs for Everton....  Didn't we try to sign him a couple of years ago?

I think there's a chance he's better than Vestegaard but yet he chooses Everton and on a free!

Did we not enquire even?

For £150k a week, with our turnover to Salary ratio, we’re fishing for more suitable options. 

He had a fairy terrible season, so wasn’t the player for us. 

• Like 1

Did we not enquire even?

I think your thoughts on the manager are affecting your thoughts on everything else …..

• Like 3

Did we not enquire even?

Completely the wrong kind of defender for us. I doubt we even enquired.

• Like 2