Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

4 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

I just went to the start of the transfer section. Took me back to 2014. Thank god we are here now. It gave my head a wobble. I am optimistic again lol.

Apart from the Mahrez links.......:cry:

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Much better player then people give him credit for, think he would have big suitors then us.

Zinchenko is a helluva player. I think we were linked to him a few seasons ago?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Why would Soton sell Ward-Prowse to West Ham, I thought they were our feeder club now. LOL

Only for their dross, and only because we are fool enough to take them.  Someone on social media was on about how our owners had given a million quid to an LRI charity, and then went on to say that's nothing compared to the 15 million quid charity they gave to  Southampton! He had a point.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sdb said:

Zinchenko available. Hope we're monitoring 

Unfortunately, Everton are looking at him at the moment and have him listed as one of their main targets according to Fabrizio Romano.

11 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Much better player then people give him credit for, think he would have big suitors then us.

I'd take him in a flash, he's pure class.  But as you say, he'll wind up fishing in a bigger pond.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Why would Soton sell Ward-Prowse to West Ham, I thought they were our feeder club now. LOL

It's not so much that Southampton are our feeder club, more that we are their refuse collectors.

United apparently have Eriksen and De Jong as their priority signings.

When will they ever learn?

They need a quality DM but it’s funny seeing McTominay kick people 5 times without any booking 🙄

We worry about our lack of physicality but imagine a midfield with them and Fernandes - on second thoughts no team could play all 3, got to be lazy paper talk.

• Like 2

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
5h
Raphinha deal. Barcelona have full agreement with his agent Deco since February on a five year deal but Leeds want €55m, no plan to change their price tag. 🇧🇷 #FCB 

Barça need to be fast as Premier League clubs are back in the race, including Arsenal - but no bid submitted yet.

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Sterling to Chelsea £35m, year left on contract… maybe wanting something similar for Youri is unrealistic now?

Probably his £200k+ a week wages bring that fee down 

• Like 1

Most teams in the Prem seem to be very active. How are they able to ?? Splashing the cash whilst we seem to do not a lot.... can´t we afford? Are we worse off than other clubs outside the "top financial six" or are we shit at negotiating deals and get them in quickly or cant we afford?

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

Most teams in the Prem seem to be very active. How are they able to ?? Splashing the cash whilst we seem to do not a lot.... can´t we afford? Are we worse off than other clubs outside the "top financial six" or are we shit at negotiating deals and get them in quickly or cant we afford?

We don't have a head of recruitment yet. Think he's coming in a month or two when his tenure at Southampton finishes 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We don't have a head of recruitment yet. Think he's coming in a month or two when his tenure at Southampton finishes 

But by then the window is almost shut again. Still we do seem awfully passive

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Sterling to Chelsea £35m, year left on contract… maybe wanting something similar for Youri is unrealistic now?

No way Sterling leaves for that little, especially to a PL rival.

Sky are saying a bid 60 million will be needed.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11668/12636701/raheem-sterling-chelsea-want-to-sign-man-city-and-england-winger-this-transfer-window

Edited by Phenom

22 minutes ago, TheStig said:

But by then the window is almost shut again. Still we do seem awfully passive

We seem to have put all our hope on signing CDK, all our other ones we have shown interest in are being signed up by other clubs. 

Brendan doesn't seem to have the pulling power that makes players want to play under him irrespective of how big our club is.

I'm losing interest in who we signing these last two weeks and becoming less excited 😔

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We seem to have put all our hope on signing CDK, all our other ones we have shown interest in are being signed up by other clubs. 

Brendan doesn't seem to have the pulling power that makes players want to play under him irrespective of how big our club is.

I'm losing interest in who we signing these last two weeks and becoming less excited 😔

This sounds unlike you.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

That doesn't matter, we know that Congerton had already done all of his summer work before leaving. Smithson who is part of our recruitment team and has been with us since our league win has temporarily filled that position. As someone put it in the HoA thread, the club trusts its processes, not individuals.

• Like 3