Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
20m
🚨 It’s over. Hakim Ziyech will NOT join Paris Saint-Germain, deal collapsed — no chance after the appeal has been rejected by LFP.

Paris Saint-Germain, literally furious with the situation with Chelsea after contracts signed but sent too late.

Ziyech, more than disappointed.

https://www.ilmessaggero.it/sport/calcio/zaniolo_tribunale_causa_roma_mobbing_e_pressioni_psicologiche-7202579.html

"This is why there is the hypothesis of a legal dispute on the horizon. It cannot be ruled out that the winger's family will unleash a battle against Roma over the media massacre that has taken place in recent days (according to the parents, triggered by the club) and for having excluded him from the technical project following unprofessional behavior (absence from training and refusal to call-ups). A pool of lawyers has already been contacted who will deal with the matter and who will have the task of protecting him in order to guarantee him the peaceful conduct of his business. Mobbing and psychological pressure are just some of the accusations that the Zaniolo family intends to make against Roma."

Think it's safe to say Zaniolo's name belongs on an eternal "no-no" list

4 hours ago, Sly said:

It’s not though really is it? 

Chilwell was significantly better than Thomas, Castagne, Justin etc …. I mean, he played in a defence that kept clean sheets. I find the hatred of him bizarre. Pre injury, he was really starting to find form for Chelsea. He’s a good player with a high ceiling. You can see him, Maddison and Chilwell all being at Manchester City next season. 

Justin pre injury was better than Chilwell was for us. Chilwell went up a level at Chelsea

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Forest have signed Andre Ayew. 33 years old.

Why? I honestly don't get it.

I think the reason for all these signings is that they are funnelling the money such as signing on fees somewhere or to someone. Or possibly just laundering the money. Their owner is known to be super dodgy:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10869073/Premier-League-set-probe-Nottingham-Forest-owner-Evangelos-Marinakis-clubs-promotion.html

At some point he'll do a runner or get exposed and it will all come out, I'm convinced of it. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense to do what they are doing. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think the reason for all these signings is that they are funnelling the money such as signing on fees somewhere or to someone. Or possibly just laundering the money. Their owner is known to be super dodgy:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10869073/Premier-League-set-probe-Nottingham-Forest-owner-Evangelos-Marinakis-clubs-promotion.html

At some point he'll do a runner or get exposed and it will all come out, I'm convinced of it. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense to do what they are doing. 

That's one way of looking at it for sure, probably right too.

Another is they have actually picked up an awful lot of valuable talent in there too. With the safety net of owning another club that this talent could easily be sent to if Forest went down, it means it's pretty easy to make a profit on these players.

Chelsea have been doing it with young players for years, Liverpool pretty good at it too.

The Forest approach is different, but there's some business sense to it. They've already loaned a fair few of the 33 out around the world so that starts the cycle of them getting noticed and potential value increases on what they paid for them.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AjcW said:

That's one way of looking at it for sure, probably right too.

Another is they have actually picked up an awful lot of valuable talent in there too. With the safety net of owning another club that this talent could easily be sent to if Forest went down, it means it's pretty easy to make a profit on these players.

Chelsea have been doing it with young players for years, Liverpool pretty good at it too.

The Forest approach is different, but there's some business sense to it. They've already loaned a fair few of the 33 out around the world so that starts the cycle of them getting noticed and potential value increases on what they paid for them.

See I could buy that argument, till you see signings like Ayew, Wood, Lingard. I know some of them are on loan on short term deals, but having that many players is going to cause chaos. I know they needed new players, but 27 is insane. let's say they signed 10 players, but they were players like Danilo from Palmeiras who they signed, that I think would be very shrewd. As it stands it reeks of criminal activity. 

Brighton I think have the best model, finding promising young players and then loaning them out and slowly bringing them in. They've been amazing at finding players from undervalued regions, Cacedio from Ecuador, Mitoma from Japan being great examples. 

All that said, despite our recent signings being not so good, no one will ever top building a league winning team with a budget of £30m. Finding Kante, Mahrez, Vardy, Huth, Albrighton, Fuchs, Schmeichel, etc, etc and getting them all together at the same time is totally bonkers. You can't even do it in Football Manager unless you save scum the game and restart it after you lose a game!

• Like 4

21 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

See I could buy that argument, till you see signings like Ayew, Wood, Lingard. I know some of them are on loan on short term deals, but having that many players is going to cause chaos. I know they needed new players, but 27 is insane. let's say they signed 10 players, but they were players like Danilo from Palmeiras who they signed, that I think would be very shrewd. As it stands it reeks of criminal activity. 

Brighton I think have the best model, finding promising young players and then loaning them out and slowly bringing them in. They've been amazing at finding players from undervalued regions, Cacedio from Ecuador, Mitoma from Japan being great examples. 

All that said, despite our recent signings being not so good, no one will ever top building a league winning team with a budget of £30m. Finding Kante, Mahrez, Vardy, Huth, Albrighton, Fuchs, Schmeichel, etc, etc and getting them all together at the same time is totally bonkers. You can't even do it in Football Manager unless you save scum the game and restart it after you lose a game!

Brighton don’t get enough credit on here for some reason.

Caicedo was another Kante in the sense all the big clubs had apparently been sniffing but didn’t take that punt, you’d think they’d learn by now?

• Like 1

On 03/02/2023 at 02:55, Sly said:

It’s not though really is it? 

Chilwell was significantly better than Thomas, Castagne, Justin etc …. I mean, he played in a defence that kept clean sheets. I find the hatred of him bizarre. Pre injury, he was really starting to find form for Chelsea. He’s a good player with a high ceiling. You can see him, Maddison and Chilwell all being at Manchester City next season. 

Are him and Chilwell the same person or am I missing something here!

3 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Brighton don’t get enough credit on here for some reason.

Caicedo was another Kante in the sense all the big clubs had apparently been sniffing but didn’t take that punt, you’d think they’d learn by now?

They did look at the number of players some clubs are signing. Caicedo probably chose Brighton for first team football instead of potentially being horse traded for a few years before they realise he's quite good.