Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marbles

US Gun Violence

On 06/07/2022 at 01:21, Scotch said:

I honestly believe that America will divide in to two seperate nations before the end of this century.  

There just seems to be an insurmountable divide in beliefs and principles between the two developing camps. It's not so much red or blue anymore but rather red and oranges. They're completely different animals. 

This century!! I’d be very pleasantly surprised if any of earth is still habitable by 2100 

18 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

This century!! I’d be very pleasantly surprised if any of earth is still habitable by 2100 

Surely you'd be more pleasantly surprised by the fact that you were still alive in 78 years time? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

That's ok though, right? As long as they don't lose their 'freedom'? After all, what are several thousand children's lives, year after year, as long as the Americans can keep their guns?

Absolutely bewildering how anyone in their right mind can think this is anywhere remotely near an acceptable way to live in this day and age. 

Wonder how will declare it as a Democrat fit up or fake news?  

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wonder how will declare it as a Democrat fit up or fake news?  

Some nut job will come along I'm sure.

It's just all so sad. Sad that children have to live like this, sad that some don't live out their childhoods at all, sad that adults think it's acceptable, and all for what? Money?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Some nut job will come along I'm sure.

It's just all so sad. Sad that children have to live like this, sad that some don't live out their childhoods at all, sad that adults think it's acceptable, and all for what? Money?

Money, and the genuine belief that the freedom to carry a firearm is worth this cost, because individualism.

• 3 weeks later...

Read this morning that according to the Gun Violence Archieve this lastest shooting was the 26th mass shooting this month alone, there have so far been 601 mass shootings in US this year & 40,000 people have been killed in gun-related incidents, including homicide, accidents & suicide.
(mass shooting defined as 4 or more people have been killed or injured)

But no there's no issue :S

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Read this morning that according to the Gun Violence Archieve this lastest shooting was the 26th mass shooting this month alone, there have so far been 601 mass shootings in US this year & 40,000 people have been killed in gun-related incidents, including homicide, accidents & suicide.
(mass shooting defined as 4 or more people have been killed or injured)

But no there's no issue :S

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants."

....and kids, apparently.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Is it too dark to suggest it would be ironic if the weapon used at that Walmart was bought there?

I dropped a camcorder in a hotel foyer in Sedona, Arizona and went to a local Walmart to replace it - (NTSC not PAL, but had to make do). This was 2005 I think. The place was so massive it probably had its own weather systems and time zones. No one to be found serving near the electronic goods, but there was an enormous aisle dedicated purely to firearms and what appeared to be High School kids stationed there with their 'happy to help' badges on, presumably earning money during the summer vacation. Also picked up some beers but was made to place them in a paper bag by law and show ID - which was amusing (even now I assure you. I'm regularly mistaken for a 21 year old or find myself having to forage for my driving licence in Bargain Booze :ph34r:). Leaving the store with my 'liquor' obediently and obligingly concealed in brown bag, a kid, I swear no older than 18 strode past brandishing a newly purchased Winchester hunting rifle. 

Edited by Line-X

2 hours ago, marbles said:

Definitely be in bad taste

But an FYI - not all Walmart's sell guns.  Not sure if this one does.

The Walmart where I lived in Flagstaff Arizona sold guns, aimed at adults and children. They had pink rifles specifically for girls that at first I thought were toy/water guns.

This Walmart didn't sell fruit or veg though.

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

I dropped a camcorder in a hotel foyer in Sedona, Arizona and went to a local Walmart to replace it - (NTSC not PAL, but had to make do). This was 2005 I think. The place was so massive it probably had its own weather systems and time zones. No one to be found serving near the electronic goods, but there was an enormous aisle dedicated purely to firearms and what appeared to be High School kids stationed there with their 'happy to help' badges on, presumably earning money during the summer vacation. Also picked up some beers but was made to place them in a paper bag by law and show ID - which was amusing (even now I assure you. I'm regularly mistaken for a 21 year old or find myself having to forage for my driving licence in Bargain Booze :ph34r:). Leaving the store with my 'liquor' obediently and obligingly concealed in brown bag, a kid, I swear no older than 18 strode past brandishing a newly purchased Winchester hunting rifle. 

There is a good reason for this, as i found out in a bar in chicago, the bar gets done for selling booze to anyone without an id, if you get done for any drinking offence they take your id off you which effectively stops you being able to buy booze, so it forces the bars to police this. Good idea imo.