Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

24 minutes ago, davieG said:

'Test Yourself' – Ewing's Pre-Season Optimism

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2669648/test-yourself--ewings-preseason-optimism

Quietly went about his business last season and one of those players who might well make it but it not have been obvious from the get go. Very much like what's happened with KDH. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Quietly went about his business last season and one of those players who might well make it but it not have been obvious from the get go. Very much like what's happened with KDH. 

I really like him, a shame it seems like he was injured the last 5-6 games or so as he didn’t play

There was a game a couple of seasons ago against Chelsea where he came up against Billy Gilmour, absolutely bossed him whilst being 2 years younger as well

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I really like him, a shame it seems like he was injured the last 5-6 games or so as he didn’t play

There was a game a couple of seasons ago against Chelsea where he came up against Billy Gilmour, absolutely bossed him whilst being 2 years younger as well

He's got a certain robustness to his game that will be interesting to see how he develops. On the surface it seems Braybrooke and Wanya Marca are ahead of him ability wise but you never know. Braybrooke may never develop physically enough to compliment his ability which will undoubtedly be PL class, hopefully it's only a matter of time.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

I thought all our group games should be away games, I do not think it is right that premier league clubs are taking money away from lower league clubs in a competition we should not be in.

Oh my bad! I attached the wrong picture, that is Burtons games haha

I have changed it now, all our games are away

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Will1981 said:

I thought all our group games should be away games, I do not think it is right that premier league clubs are taking money away from lower league clubs in a competition we should not be in.

It costs the club more money to have the games at home. I dont think the 103 attending fans are worth doing this for. 

4 hours ago, Nannypig7 said:

Lewis Brunt has got promoted to the first team may still play for U21 sometimes or maybe get a loan 

I'd be very surprised if he stays with us this season as he will have to be named in the 25 man PL squad as he was 21 before the turn of the year.

19 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Depending on transfer activity I believe the plan is for him to be part of the 25 (and believe it or not; possibly involved regularly in matchday squads).

Five subs, and we are rumored to be offloading 75 percent of our defensive midfield. We keep hyping the academy kids on this forum, maybe it's not just wishful thinking.

46 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I'd be very surprised if he was not included. BR thinks highly of him.

Interesting, I just struggle so see how he fits in. If he was under 21 he'd be a no brainer to keep as can play CB or DCM but given we have to register Fofana as well this season it's an even bigger strain. His only hope is we bin off a lot of deadwood and don't get in the players we want in.

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Interesting, I just struggle so see how he fits in. If he was under 21 he'd be a no brainer to keep as can play CB or DCM but given we have to register Fofana as well this season it's an even bigger strain. His only hope is we bin off a lot of deadwood and don't get in the players we want in.

They are definitely wanting to move a lot on; but in the case of a few of them; I think they would have hoped they would have gone by now.

Hamza is the big mystery to me. I can only assume he wants to stay on his deal.

• Like 1

We didn’t see enough of brunt last season on first team duty (was it Watford fa cup and a cameo at WHL) to make any judgments

my initial impression was that he wasn’t going to set the world alight.  

you would have thought if he had enough about him that villa wouldn’t have let him go.  

guess we’ll find out over the next few months if what we read above is correct.   Plus he will get pre season game time. 

Our wages to turnover ratio is far too high and it’s unsustainable. If we let Mendy, Choudhury and Bertrand leave for free (we won’t) that’d free up something like £9m by excluding their wages for the coming season alone.

I don’t think we’d get that fee cumulatively if we tried to sell them all so we’re better getting them out the door for nothing. Even if we all terminated their contracts by mutual consent we’d be making a saving.

Brunt can cover DM, CB and LB so cutting our wage bill & creating a space in the squad for a younger, hungrier player is s no brainier for me.

So the way I see it we have 3 options:

1. Muddle on trying to sell them for a reasonable fee, maybe getting rid of one at best and we’re stuck with c. £6m in wages for 22/23.

2. Loan them out, pay a % of their wages and lose them for free further down the line.

3. Let them leave for free, or, pay off their contracts at the cost of an initial fee (unless our cash position is that bad we can’t) to make a greater saving in wages overall. 

Bite the bullet and get them off the books, it gives us squad spaces and more flexibility.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We didn’t see enough of brunt last season on first team duty (was it Watford fa cup and a cameo at WHL) to make any judgments

my initial impression was that he wasn’t going to set the world alight.  

you would have thought if he had enough about him that villa wouldn’t have let him go.  

guess we’ll find out over the next few months if what we read above is correct.   Plus he will get pre season game time. 

He's not been seen yet (unless hes joined them in the last day or so), might well be injured.

48 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Our wages to turnover ratio is far too high and it’s unsustainable. If we let Mendy, Choudhury and Bertrand leave for free (we won’t) that’d free up something like £9m by excluding their wages for the coming season alone.

I don’t think we’d get that fee cumulatively if we tried to sell them all so we’re better getting them out the door for nothing. Even if we all terminated their contracts by mutual consent we’d be making a saving.

Brunt can cover DM, CB and LB so cutting our wage bill & creating a space in the squad for a younger, hungrier player is s no brainier for me.

So the way I see it we have 3 options:

1. Muddle on trying to sell them for a reasonable fee, maybe getting rid of one at best and we’re stuck with c. £6m in wages for 22/23.

2. Loan them out, pay a % of their wages and lose them for free further down the line.

3. Let them leave for free, or, pay off their contracts at the cost of an initial fee (unless our cash position is that bad we can’t) to make a greater saving in wages overall. 

Bite the bullet and get them off the books, it gives us squad spaces and more flexibility.

...surely when you pay up their contracts, it will include the wages for the forthcoming season!!!

The money would be coming out of our account in one hit as opposed to being spread across the year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...surely when you pay up their contracts, it will include the wages for the forthcoming season!!!

The money would be coming out of our account in one hit as opposed to being spread across the year.

…Bertrand, Choudhury and Mendy’s contracts expire next summer!!!

Mutual terminations are cheaper because they get a lump sum and are then free to move somewhere they’re wanted. 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1