Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

When do we usually start loaning young lads out? Is it usually start of august? I wonder if we taking longer incase we need them here due to lack of signings? 

I’d love to see Braybrooke and Alvez in the first team but even though Thomas made it early I still feel they’d be better suited to a good loan at their age. Brunt could step up since he at least has made a Premier League debut, and Wright could depending on his pre season. I’d be surprised, but happy if managed well, to see anyone else just yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I reckon maswinshe will go out on loan this year based on nothing but a gut instinct. 

He needs it, went from Rodgers being very complimentary about him and constantly training with the 1st team to barely ever training with them and not getting selected for the bench which surprised me as he had a very good season for the U23's.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

I reckon maswinshe will go out on loan this year based on nothing but a gut instinct. 

...he needs to be, a very greedy player and needs to learn to release the ball!!!

He is a livewire and causes a lot of problems by being opportunistic but he needs to develop some awareness that there are other players around him.

20 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he needs to be, a very greedy player and needs to learn to release the ball!!!

He is a livewire and causes a lot of problems by being opportunistic but he needs to develop some awareness that there are other players around him.

There's definitely something there though so would be great to take a punt on him.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah just looked signed a new deal in Feb 2022

Will Russ also signed a new deal in Feb 2022, but is now with Fleetwood's Development squad. Maybe we sold McAteer: I mean, Rodgers seemed to put some faith in him, but his loan at Forest Green was a disaster, and we released Wakeling after his horrible time at Barrow.

33 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Will Russ also signed a new deal in Feb 2022, but is now with Fleetwood's Development squad. Maybe we sold McAteer: I mean, Rodgers seemed to put some faith in him, but his loan at Forest Green was a disaster, and we released Wakeling after his horrible time at Barrow.

Most of the contracts the club announced in the big press release in Feb 2022 were done some time before then - Russ came to the end of his scholarship in June 2021 and signed a one year pro deal that summer.

McAteer signed on until 2025 in February himself and hasn't been pictured in training with the first team as of yet this summer, so I would be surprised if it isn't a loan pending announcement following a trial somewhere.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Most of the contracts the club announced in the big press release in Feb 2022 were done some time before then - Russ came to the end of his scholarship in June 2021 and signed a one year pro deal that summer.

McAteer signed on until 2025 in February himself and hasn't been pictured in training with the first team as of yet this summer, so I would be surprised if it isn't a loan pending announcement following a trial somewhere.

Were any of the other announced contracts coming to an end this summer?

57 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Saw a video of Chituru Odunze earlier. He looked huge at only 19, when he matures physically he will be a hell of a presence in goal. I fancy him as a dark horse to take over when Kasper’s gone. 

You'd like to think one of Odunze, Young or Stolarzyk can challenge. Iversen as well surely has a good chance.

• Like 1