Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

3 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I wonder if they think playing time is more guaranteed at that level, or for Swindon in particular. Better to play 30+ games in League 2 than 20 games at League 1. Kid is still very young.

...I would think you can play a more expansive game in League 1 than League two!!! 

He is a terrific player who can actually control a game and he will eventually become the player than things go through on the pitch. He needs to come to terms with this as that is the player that he is.

29 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I would think you can play a more expansive game in League 1 than League two!!! 

He is a terrific player who can actually control a game and he will eventually become the player than things go through on the pitch. He needs to come to terms with this as that is the player that he is.

There’s not a lot of difference between L1 and L2. It’s probably only the top eight at League 1 whom are notably better quality. Rest is much of a muchness. 

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

How did this rumour start? Because someone randomly watched a Swindon video, saw a young blond lad and obviously assumed it would be Braybrooke? lol or is there more to it than that? 

I posted the video on this forum, but that was after someone said they saw that he was loaned to them on Twitter. I was surprised it wasn't announced, and looked at the Swindon twitter page and saw the floppy hair. 

But let's look at what I said: "There is one blonde guy who might be him, but I wouldn't put any money on it... But I would think he was still on vacation since he was on international duty."

It was more esteemed members of this forum that ran with it!

image.gif

The club have got three players from Buriram United training with/on trial with the U23s at the moment - I believe they are Supachai Chaided, Suphanat Mueant and Ratthanakorn Maikama. 

Their club president Newin Chidchob (ex Thai cabinet minister) also appears to be over here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

The club have got three players from Buriram United training with/on trial with the U23s at the moment - I believe they are Supachai Chaided, Suphanat Mueant and Ratthanakorn Maikama. 

Their club president Newin Chidchob (ex Thai cabinet minister) also appears to be over here.

Mueanta we should definitely be looking to pick up and loan out - I believe he was here in May 2021 on trial as well (whether it actually happened or not)

Still an obviously young player in the league, not playing every game etc. but has been doing really well at every level of International football and had a few call ups for the senior team last summer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Mueanta we should definitely be looking to pick up and loan out - I believe he was here in May 2021 on trial as well (whether it actually happened or not)

Still an obviously young player in the league, not playing every game etc. but has been doing really well at every level of International football and had a few call ups for the senior team last summer

FM hero

• Like 1

For all the bigging up of our young’uns do we not have anyone good enough to be in that Eng U19 winning team? 
There are players from Peterborough and Bristol City as well as a couple from Brentford within the squad, surely if people are saying some of ours should be getting chances in the 1st team they should be around their International age group team no?

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

For all the bigging up of our young’uns do we not have anyone good enough to be in that Eng U19 winning team? 
There are players from Peterborough and Bristol City as well as a couple from Brentford within the squad, surely if people are saying some of ours should be getting chances in the 1st team they should be around their International age group team no?

Did you watch the final last night? Not many of those players will make it in the top division. 

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

We've got 3 players in the U18's and one of them is England's captain. They evidently went with the age group above who'd been through qualifying with them and fair enough.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

If these guys were good enough, how hard would it be to get them work permits?

3 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Ratthanakorn Maikama is 24 Supachai Chaided is 23 no chance we sign those two 

1 minute ago, Nannypig7 said:

Ratthanakorn Maikama is 24 Supachai Chaided is 23 no chance we sign those two 

Agreed, but I assume it is just the legacy of this long-term relationship we have with Buriram that we've let a few come over for the experience. Chidchob is an old mate of Vichai's as I recall.

Mueanta is surely the only one they might seriously look at taking

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Agreed, but I assume it is just the legacy of this long-term relationship we have with Buriram that we've let a few come over for the experience. Chidchob is an old mate of Vichai's as I recall.

Mueanta is surely the only one they might seriously look at taking

20F917FB-FD39-4654-BDCB-0B3EB571D03C.jpeg

• Like 1