Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

League One & Two - 2022/23

53 minutes ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Quite liked Peterborough away in the past

Tbf they’re all decent away days. Only disadvantage of Wednesday is that they will charge more. Barnsley is always a good laugh, I hope they get promoted.

Went to the game tonight. Top atmosphere at London road.

Couldn't believe how poor Wednesday were though, they offered very little.

I'll probably go to the playoff final. Just wish I wasn't going to see us play Posh next season in the championship 😭 we'll probably lose 😂

If we could put a shift in and play with similar intensity we could stay up

• Like 1

Wonder if there will ever be a time where the team in 3rd and 4th gets offered the choice to play the first leg home or away. Personally on FM (lol) I always prefer to play the first leg at home. Usually there isn't such a huge gap between sides playing in the semis in the play offs but I just feel right now the "lesser" team gets the head start with home advantage. Use that to your advantage and the momentum swings. Fair to say Posh more than used it to their advantage tonight 

(I realise the answer to my original question is probably "never")

8 hours ago, Stinky said:

Wonder if there will ever be a time where the team in 3rd and 4th gets offered the choice to play the first leg home or away. 

They'll never do it, but the non league playoffs are arguably fairer.

Most of the games are just over one leg, with the highest placed team at home.  

(I suppose the only downside would be if the higher placed team, didn't like playing at home ... but that's highly unlikely).

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Stinky said:

It's a wonder Gary Weaver finds time to commentate on the match with his nose wedged inside his script 

Towns and cities will be gripped, hearts will be broken, dreams will be made. THIS. IS. THE. PLAY-OFFS.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, TJQuik said:

Demonstrates how ridiculous the playoff format is. 19 points between them and one shit result pisses away the whole season for Sheffield Wednesday.

The best way to do it IMO is to follow non league and have one off games at the highest placed teams ground, it's all about money I get it getting the two legs but you'd not get games like Wrexham 4 Grimsby 5, it would be great - Sheff Wed have a great opportunity v Posh and Posh have a chance which is about all they should have finishing 19 points behind them!

Final probably at highest finishing ground as well, not at Wembley.

Edited by Tuna

I realise I'm trying to fix something that isn't necessarily broken, and certainly something that doesn't need complicating like I'm about to do, but how about a 1 goal headstart for the team who finished higher in the semis? Would give sides something to continue to play for (to get 3rd and 4th) instead of having teams putting out weakened sides towards the end of the season. 

Alternatively to combat instances such as last night, a goal head start if you have finished 10+pts ahead of your semi opponent. Again it would be a deterrent to teams who qualify for the play offs with 3> games to spare from switching off and affecting other teams in the division. It was good last week that P'boro and Derby had games against sides who were in the same position, no idea the strength of the sides they put out. I suppose there was a bit of needle to the Wednesday/Derby match last week because of how they were relegated two years ago. 

It will never happen and like I said it complicates things but I just feel you give the side in 5th/6th the momentum by playing at home first. Just a pity for Wednesday they didn't play like a side who had finished with 96pts in such an important game. 

Edited by Stinky

19 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Went to the game tonight. Top atmosphere at London road.

Couldn't believe how poor Wednesday were though, they offered very little.

I'll probably go to the playoff final. Just wish I wasn't going to see us play Posh next season in the championship 😭 we'll probably lose 😂

If we could put a shift in and play with similar intensity we could stay up

Well I had the misfortune to see them against Bristol Rovers 0-0 the other week.

They were awful.

shame they turned up last night.

Lad at work is a steward there and was in a box last night as he looks after that company when stewarding.

They are not renewing.In lockdown they had the choice.Have your 11k back or donate to the club.They generously donated.

They have been told it’s now 12.5k.When asking if they could still pay 11k due to their donation.Were told definitely not.So told them to stick their box.Been there 15 years apparently.

Difficult one,as I can see both sides.