Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

League One & Two - 2022/23

City away, Coalville away so I went to watch my third choice of Burton Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday. 

Sheffield Wednesday look anything like a top of the table side. 3-1 down at half time and I was expecting them to charge out of the gates in the second half but they actually looked flatter than they did in the first half. A shot across goal and a late penalty was all they really mustered. 

A decent crowd (for Burton) of 4600. Mark Helm looked really good in Midfield, two quick goals in the first half got him MOTM. 

15 hours ago, Livid said:

City away, Coalville away so I went to watch my third choice of Burton Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday. 

Sheffield Wednesday look anything like a top of the table side. 3-1 down at half time and I was expecting them to charge out of the gates in the second half but they actually looked flatter than they did in the first half. A shot across goal and a late penalty was all they really mustered. 

A decent crowd (for Burton) of 4600. Mark Helm looked really good in Midfield, two quick goals in the first half got him MOTM. 

They're really throwing it away aren't they. Opening up the door for Ipswich and Barnsley. All 4 of those teams deserve to go up given their points totals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

They're really throwing it away aren't they. Opening up the door for Ipswich and Barnsley. All 4 of those teams deserve to go up given their points totals. 

It’s crazy at the top it’s like ‘After you, no after you….’ to see who wants to go up automatically. 

If the Cobblers get promoted with the volume of injuries they’ve had this season it ought to go down as one of the most impressive promotions in the history of football. It’s insane the number of players they’ve had out - up to 12 players at times. Despite this, second in the league with 4 to go…and still some boo.

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Strange feeling for Orient .

Losing 2-0 at Gillingham and the game got delayed due to a power cut but they are promoted so celebrated mid match !

Congratulations to the Os.

And Gillingham confirmed survival! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

And Gillingham confirmed survival! 

I had the pleasure of making a 350 mile round trip to Forest Green last night, I can confirm that it wasn't anywhere near as competitive as the clip above lol Bit of an unusual experience driving down a single track road for 10 minutes before it descends into the outskirts of a village with a football stadium appearing to the right.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Corky said:

Billions of Ipswich fans seemingly packing every train from Peterborough yesterday. Seemed to be enjoying their football again.

Great club that deserve it. They've averaged just under 30k in league 1. For a small town that's incredible. Proper team whose fans deserve some success. Hope they get over the line. 

Ipswich and Plymouth sealing promotion as it stands.

Then between Cambridge & MK Dons to go down next week if results stay as they are.

Stevenage up too, Northampton need another goal to go up automatically.

Ipswich and Plymouth promoted. 

Accrington effectively relegated after losing to Cambridge. 2 of Cambridge, Morecambe and Mk dons will likely drop with Them, Oxford look to be safe now. 

Stevenage up. Brutal for Northampton will need to win away at Tranmere to go up now, hope they don't chuck this away. 

Hartlepool down. 

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

10 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Brutal for Northampton will need to win away at Tranmere to go up now, hope they don't chuck this away. 

Wonder if there'll be a 7-0 loss again on the final day that affects them lol 

They need to draw and hope Stockport draw/lose.