Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

League One & Two - 2022/23

Last team to get 100 points in League One was Sheff Utd in 16/17

Looks like both Plymouth and Ipswich will probably manage it this season

Looks like Ipswich which get over 100 goals as well, currently on 99, which hasn't been done since MK Dons in 14/15

Crazy that they could still also not actually win the league

Delighted Sheff Weds have failed, again. I quite detest them.

They seem to carry themselves as if they are a big club.. Presumably just because Hillsborough was used as a semi final venue.

They've spent years and years in THIRD tier football since the 70s. It's not a one off. They are regularly down there. Most of the rest of the time it's second tier. I reckon they've only spent a decade combined in the top flight since 1970. Shocking. 

• Like 1

Its all coming down to the final day in League One, and got a ticket with my lad (who's in the Cambridge Utd Development Program) for Sunday - Cambridge v Forest Green Rovers...

Massive game tonight at Burton will set the scene:

Win tonight and its in Cambridge's hands on Sunday - a loss or a draw and its needing both MK Dons and Morecambe results to go their way.

image.png.a9bca285cb0e1463d960f5de10fab43a.png

Its been a long time since a good relegation fight and I get two this year - not sure I can cope with it game after game!

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Sheffield Wednesday's season ticket prices next season dear god! 

They've always been terrible and are one of the examples of clubs who started charging £35+ for away fans.

I have mentioned before about being relegated that the away ticket prices will not be capped. Last time we were in the Championship Leeds and Wednesday were two of the clubs that were terrible for pricing.

On 29/04/2023 at 19:54, moore_94 said:

Last team to get 100 points in League One was Sheff Utd in 16/17

Looks like both Plymouth and Ipswich will probably manage it this season

Looks like Ipswich which get over 100 goals as well, currently on 99, which hasn't been done since MK Dons in 14/15

Crazy that they could still also not actually win the league

Can't remember the last time a team at that level scored over 100 goals and won the league.

MK Dons and Peterborough both scored 100 goals, in different seasons, but niether won the league.

Ipswich have been incredible and I know McKenna said a PL push isn't on his mind but I hope they do get back into the top flight soon.

Edited by Fox92

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

feel sort of sorry for Davies there, isnt a red and johnson went down like he was shot

Once the fouls given, it’s a red all day long he’s denying a clear goal.

The foul itself is soft, but it’s marvellous not waiting for the game to be re-refereed by the people upstairs.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The foul itself is soft, but it’s marvellous not waiting for the game to be re-refereed by the people upstairs.

Was a little tug I think but yes players even at that level make the most of the incident.

VAR would have not turned it over and Davies cost himself in the first place with poor play .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I actually don’t think it’s a red. He’s still got two people to beat, if the goalie and defender were the other way around you wouldn’t call it a red.