Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

League One & Two - 2022/23

• 2 weeks later...

Living in Barnsley I keep getting posts from their social media team popping up in my feeds with regards to their game against Derby this weekend. Fair to say the Barnsley supporting contingent in our mates WhatsApp group are getting fed up with how much embarrassment their club is causing them lol

50 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Living in Barnsley I keep getting posts from their social media team popping up in my feeds with regards to their game against Derby this weekend. Fair to say the Barnsley supporting contingent in our mates WhatsApp group are getting fed up with how much embarrassment their club is causing them lol

Good lord. I mean I can't knock the enthusiasm at all, but it just doesn't resonate in England. It's all very...eurghh haha

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Good lord. I mean I can't knock the enthusiasm at all, but it just doesn't resonate in England. It's all very...eurghh haha

I can't knock the enthusiasm either, and it is good for the club to have people higher up who actually have positive intentions but this kind of stuff, especially in a former mining town misses the mark quite a bit. 

4 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I can't knock the enthusiasm either, and it is good for the club to have people higher up who actually have positive intentions but this kind of stuff, especially in a former mining town misses the mark quite a bit. 

Indeed, if they can take that energy and positivity and channel it in a way that well resonate more with the locals they'll be onto a winner

• Like 1

On 22/02/2023 at 17:41, LcFc_Smiv said:

Was there much fan take up at the game with it?

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Was there much fan take up at the game with it?

To my understanding it was one of the best atmoshperes they have had in years, nearly 7000 more in attendance than on average although I imagine Derby travelled in numbers. Plenty of scarfs on show in pictures and videos and they got a decent result!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Barnsley score 2 in 2 minutes against Sheff Weds. Big game at top of League One.

Don't really watch League One/Two live games, but really enjoyed this game - end-to-end stuff.

• Like 1

On 27/03/2023 at 11:02, Fox92 said:

Getting interesting at the top of League One now.

Ipswich have won 8 in a row without conceding :scarf:

Hope they can carry it on to the end of the season and go up as champions. Not too bothered who gets second, Plymouth are the only vaguely 'exciting' option and got nothing against Barnsley or Weds but those 2 do seem to bounce up and down between Champ and Lg1. Likewise for playoffs, Derby, Bolton, Peterborough, Portsmouth - all teams you'd expect to be a league higher anyway - would have liked to see Shrewsbury creeping in but it looks unlikely now.