Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wimbledon 2022

13 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Cilic out yesterday with covid, now Berrettini :mellow:

Thought Berrettini had a decent chance of winning it too. Came from injury seamlessly, like he'd never been away. Shame.

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

I missed that about Cilic. Gutted about Mateo. I am quite a fan... all about his tennis ability, honest... :ph34r:

Haha I just messaged my mum to tell her and she's gutted.

20 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I missed that about Cilic. Gutted about Mateo. I am quite a fan... all about his tennis ability, honest... :ph34r:

lol

I’ll happily admit from a male perspective, Matteo is the easiest man crush in Tennis. 

23 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Thought Berrettini had a decent chance of winning it too. Came from injury seamlessly, like he'd never been away. Shame.

Agreed. Looking at the draw I strongly felt that a repeat of last years final was on the cards.

Opens up even more for Rafa unless he gets it too.

This new variant has the potential to wreck havoc tbh.

14 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

kyrgios is overrated 

Kyrgios is showman on the court, but clearly doesn't have the mentality to reach the top. You look how he plays at times and there are clearly many attributes that would suggest he could be top player and maybe even win Slams, but it'll never happen because he of his mentality and attitude. He's the Demarai Gray of tennis.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, The Bear said:

They still can't possibly move BBC News at 6pm though. Ohhhhhh no. All the old duffers who religiously watch the news every night can't possibly find the channel that's literally dedicated to 24 hour BBC News. 

No, let's move one of the two live matches to the red button, then the main match over to BBC2. Then after the news finishes, let's move the match back from BBC2 to BBC1. 

Simple FFS. 

Apparently it's because Sherwood got moved form BBC1 to BBC 2 at the last minute at 9pm so people missed it (I mean surely you'd just change channel to check it hadn't moved) so people who recorded it got Murray's match instead.

Was on the I player too pretty quickly but understand not everyone has that.

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Apparently it's because Sherwood got moved form BBC1 to BBC 2 at the last minute at 9pm so people missed it (I mean surely you'd just change channel to check it hadn't moved) so people who recorded it got Murray's match instead.

Was on the I player too pretty quickly but understand not everyone has that.

I was out and had Sherwood set up to record, which it didn't, so a little annoying I now have to go on Iplayer. But its real 1st world problem that I have to click on a few more buttons to watch it isn't it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Surely will if this is true ?

He was in ultimate cvnt mode today, but a fine is enough in this circumstance.

He was nowhere near the spectator, he just spat on the floor while looking in their direction.

17 minutes ago, Nalis said:

'Lets go Rafa/Andy/Roger/Novak, lets go' is the one of the shittist chants in sport. 

Just behind 'I believe that we will win'

You wouldn't like the Seattle Sounders fans then.

Come on Seattle.... Fight and win..... 

lol Makes me piss every time! 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I read about fans camping out to get tickets but there are always so many empty seats even for the top matches on the main court.  Does anyone know why after such demand there are empty seats all the time?

People just leave after certain points of the day. Its strange as I thought there would be strong interest in an evening crowd buying returns after work for a few hours of tennis.