Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
21st Century Fox

Luke Thomas

20 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Based on the fact he's ****ing brilliant when he plays for Wales. 

To be fair, I've not taken in my Wales games so can't comment.

But not seen anything in club football that makes him stand out. 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Just bought his first house here in Leicester. Leicester fan and he's enjoying himself. 

Where do they get these stories?😂

The kid genuinely cares about the (now tea-stained) badge on his shirt.

Edited by The_77
Typo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jv1 said:

100 % agree with this - not even close to Chilwell at that age- id argue Thomas went backwards last season when he should have thrived with the game time- Rodgers doesnt trust him one bit and he doesnt get anywhere near our 11- not even close

What a load of shit 

Chilwell made his Prem debut at 20 by 21 too scared to take a throw in at Millwall in the FA Cup

Thomas assist on his  Prem Debut at 19  

by 20 he was getting a assist in the Fa Cup final and a winners medal.

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

The kid genuinely cares about the (now tea-stained) badge on his shirt.

Yep for me that trumps a player of equal ability. I hope he continues to develop and becomes the player we want him to be. Though I think he will find it harder to get the same amount of game time this season without Europe and Justin likely to return to full fitness. 

• Like 2

I’m a big fan of his… but it seems any excitement from his first few games in terms of his play style has gone. Is that because of the manager or was it just a flash in the pan?

I would rather keep him over the likes of Bertrand, but if we were to sell both and sign a more athletic player which is something both of them lack then I’d be all for it. People saying he’s 21 but there’s certain traits I can already see won’t improve: Lack of pace, not particularly strong, one on one duels coming out worse especially against faster players.

£20-25m in this market I think we should accept it, there is better options out there and I don’t see a time where he’ll be more valuable than now. I could be wrong and I hope I am and he turns into the second coming of Ashley Cole but I feel I’ve seen enough now. I must stress I’d rather Bertrand was sold but his value / wages make him a hard player to shake off.

Edited by lcfc sheff

21 hours ago, jv1 said:

Anything above 10m and I’d snap your hand off - he is not good enough to compete with the other 3 we have and last season was a disaster for him considering how many defenders we had injured - he had a shocker - bar 1 game home to Liverpool 

Are you tapped?

• Like 1

The only barrier stopping Luke Thomas from becoming an integral automatic choice is Rodgers.

Thomas stepped up and performed, week-in week-out, to an exceptional standard. Then Bertrand turned up and Thomas was dropped - until Bertrand failed to do the job Thomas had been doing. Then Justin returned and, of course, everyone who sees only what they wish to see, saw pre-injury Justin.

Reputations count more than reality.

If I were Thomas I'd go. Maybe he thought he'd done enough to continue a steady progress to maturity. But nurturing and having faith in youth isn't the English way. Loyalty works both ways - it appears to have manifested solely on Thomas's part.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...