Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Torten

Jamie Vardy

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Sadly, it may be also true the other way round too, possibly a number of players might like to see Rodgers gone hence some wanting to leave?

Pure supposition on my part though. I think if I had the talent, drive and capabilites of some of our players, being asked to monotonously pass it backwards and sideways so meaninglessly would drive me mad too. Particularly when they've witnessed it first hand not working. Whilst I think they all bought into his sage like diatribes at first, the scales have probably fallen from their eyes now. Unlike the media pundits with their elite manager briefing packs, the players are around him and have to listen to him every day. Probably even Top is fed up of the same old slobber?

All absolute supposition on my part without the aid of any high up contacts at the club 🤣🤣

Indeed, and such a cohort of players will ultimately coalesce around players like Vardy and Kasper. They are power bases within the squad. 

Anyway, what I said is what I heard and there is no backup other than what we see. I think Brendan is not well liked by the squad but he is a consummate politician and knows when he can push and when he can’t. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Funny, I've heard the complete opposite. There's a genuine respect between the two that wasn't always there with Kasper and Brendan....

That’s cool. That could be right. The guy I know is very senior but not inside the club. I hope you are correct and he is wrong. Although I respect a few people I don’t really like. Anyway what we all want is stability and Jamie firing on all cylinders. 

• Like 1

On 03/08/2022 at 22:56, ARM1968 said:

Brendan would love to see Jamie gone. He hates anyone with a voice or an opinion that isn’t his. Watch this space. 

I honestly don’t see that to be true. Brendan knows how important Vardy’s role is within the club. I can’t see Brendan being stupid enough to force Vardy out.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

"I know some people who work with LCFC at quite a high level"

"The guy I know is very senior but not inside the club."

Losing credibility by the second 😅 next it'll be "my mate who works at maccies who drove by the club shop said..."

If you want to spout your baseless drivel, by all means do. But don't expect people to just jump on your bandwagon because you hate Brendan 

Easy fella. I’m quite aware that this carries little weight and said take it or leave it. Doesn’t matter. It is what I heard. 

Just to add credibility in such things is impossible without concrete evidence and provable sources. In a court of law what I have said would be dismissed as hearsay - nothing more. 

Edited by ARM1968

58 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Easy fella. I’m quite aware that this carries little weight and said take it or leave it. Doesn’t matter. It is what I heard. 

Just to add credibility in such things is impossible without concrete evidence and provable sources. In a court of law what I have said would be dismissed as hearsay - nothing more. 

Then why are you trying to drive your narrative with your "hearsay"lol

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I heard from a friend that his friend who I can’t name is friends with someone who is high up in the club who’s name I can’t specify and who’s role is high up but I can’t say what it is but it’s big boy stuff that Vardy often follows Brendan round on his knees. Like when you put your shoes on your knees to mimic a small person. Like what you do when you’re a kid. Anyway he does that, every day, right behind Brendan and Brendan can obviously see him doing it but he can’t say anything because Vardy is the alpha so he just laughs it off but apparently this person I know of who is proper big time high up at the club hears him crying in the toilets every lunch time. So anyway according to this guy I cannot name Brendan wants rid and it’s all because of the shoey kneey midget thing. 

You satire skills are not matched by your comprehension skills it appears. 

I said they work with the club, not AT the club. Not interested in whether you believe me or not. It is what I have heard. Nothing more and nothing less. 

Just now, ARM1968 said:

You satire skills are not matched by your comprehension skills it appears. 

I said they work with the club, not AT the club. Not interested in whether you believe me or not. It is what I have heard. Nothing more and nothing less. 

Probably a bit of a joke weren’t it me duck. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I love Vardy and never want to see him leave but there's two difficult questions we need to ask

1) can we risk just extending his deal on a rolling yearly basis or would he be dejected by that

2) can we really keep paying him £140k a week? 

I would think maybe a 1 + 1 deal would be better?

I can't imagine we would keep him on £140k a week either surely?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I love Vardy and never want to see him leave but there's two difficult questions we need to ask next year

1) can we risk just extending his deal on a rolling yearly basis or would he be dejected by that

2) can we really keep paying him £140k a week? 

Yes we can afford to keep paying him 140k per week.He is a legend and an asset around the club.

Other clubs would give him a 12 month contract on more next year.

Our ITK says Jamie and Brendon get on fine.

and most of us are Brendon out!

Trying to phase Vardy out or not falling out with him was essentially the death knell which got Puel the sack. Rodgers wouldn't be stupid enough to do the same. Everything I've heard suggests there's a massive mutual respect between the 2 anyway.

I'm more than happy to give Vardy another year extension til 2024 with the option to extend to 2025, we saw last season just how much better we looked with him over Daka or Iheanacho. His pace is slowing, but his finishing and movement is the best it's ever been. What impressed me so much about last season was how much he's adapted his game to become more like a classic goalpoacher.

Even if we start to phase him out towards the end of this season, I see nothing in his incredible movement and finishing ability which means he won't be the ultimate impact sub still next season.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1