Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Torten

Jamie Vardy

1 minute ago, JayTheFox said:

Unlikely, but his Mrs has just lost a court case and has to pick up a £3 million pound bill was it? May decide for one last bumper short term deal to see out his career. 😭

Can’t see anyone paying him more than us to be honest….

2 minutes ago, JayTheFox said:

Unlikely, but his Mrs has just lost a court case and has to pick up a £3 million pound bill was it? May decide for one last bumper short term deal to see out his career. 😭

They will make that and more back selling their side story. 

Easy money. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Can’t see anyone paying him more than us to be honest….

True although I assume we treat him the same as Kasper, he runs down his contract leaves on his terms for free or a nominal fee as kasper has. This then allows the buying club to give him a decent signing on fee and potentially but not a given considering his age a two year contract maybe at the same or slightly higher.

17 minutes ago, JayTheFox said:

True although I assume we treat him the same as Kasper, he runs down his contract leaves on his terms for free or a nominal fee as kasper has. This then allows the buying club to give him a decent signing on fee and potentially but not a given considering his age a two year contract maybe at the same or slightly higher.

Difference is: Vardy is worth the money in goals. The club isn't looking at the wage bill and saying, "You know, Vardy isn't objectively earning his keep." You can look at Kasper's salary and say, "We can get more for the same money."

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

True.

I have started to really dislike the fact that (for a long time now), the transfer market has become as big a part of the football ‘entertainment product’ as the actual games.

Obviously this is promoted and perpetuated by the football media, as it is a massive source of clicks / viewers / readers. Sky are arguably the worst for it, promoting the transfer deadline days as some sort of Super Bowl-style event.

It’s all BS and theatre. Does Rob Dorsett, standing outside a training ground in the dark, gain any more insight into the intricacies of a transfer deal than we do?

I’m also sick of transfer fees being bandied about, when they’re effectively meaningless. Real life is not FM. I’d much rather clubs were forbidden from releasing details of transfer fees, wages, etc. 

Just tell us who has joined who. That’s it.

Football pundits are paid to write features, gossip and if there are no interesting stories around, they make them up. Like everyone else they have to earn a living

I took too much tramadol and amitriptyline the other night for bad back pain. 
As a result, I entered into an ultra deep sleep and at circa 3.15am, I pissed myself. I’m 32. 

However, I noticed that the piss stain, which was sinking deep into my £3500 super king size mattress, made out the phrase: “1 year extension”. I can only assume that means Vardy will sign a 1 year extension at the end of this season. 

Regards,

Big Daddy. 

(For total clarity, I woke my wife and instructed her to change the bed at around 3.22am). 

• Haha 3