Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Torten

Jamie Vardy

22 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Why do I get the impression we've gone something to seriously piss off the press in some way

Stopped the big boys winning the prem one fa cup. Stopped one of them getting champions league. Oh and 2 5th places knocking one out of europe.

Probably get more love if our team coach ran Borris over.

29 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Stopped the big boys winning the prem one fa cup. Stopped one of them getting champions league. Oh and 2 5th places knocking one out of europe.

Probably get more love if our team coach ran Borris over.

Can we arrange that?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Brendan would love to see Jamie gone. He hates anyone with a voice or an opinion that isn’t his. Watch this space. 

Rodgers will have no say with this one.

Hes one of the top strikers the prem has seen. Hes scored more goals over the age of thirty than anyone else.

Rodgers goes before Vardy.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Rodgers will have no say with this one.

Hes one of the top strikers the prem has seen. Hes scored more goals over the age of thirty than anyone else.

Rodgers goes before Vardy.

Agreed. Didn’t say it would be otherwise. But Brendan, despite his gushing praise, would love to see a complete change of the old guard. Not that it would matter as I think most of the squad know BR is a tool. 

Jamie would be the last player I’d sell. 

• Haha 1

All managers want there team. Having such icons here probably makes it a little harder.

But let's be honest Brendan's problems are his own making. His tactics when they work are great. But 70% of the time boring.

He loves to blame anyone but himself. Will also throw anyone under the bus.

Gobed it off about a rebuild that he must have known could only happen if we shifted some out first.

He thinks hes bigger than the club and he's not. If we can sack ranners hes nothing.

Edited by sylofox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/08/2022 at 22:56, ARM1968 said:

Brendan would love to see Jamie gone. He hates anyone with a voice or an opinion that isn’t his. Watch this space. 

How do you know?

Genuine.. do you know cos you post like you do?

I’ve always felt the same. That the ‘love’ between Brendan and Jamie is image over substance. But it’s only ever been a feeling I’ve had.

27 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

How do you know?

Genuine.. do you know cos you post like you do?

I’ve always felt the same. That the ‘love’ between Brendan and Jamie is image over substance. But it’s only ever been a feeling I’ve had.

I know some people who work with LCFC at quite a high level. I have been told there is quite a bit of tension between the two and that Brendan would be happy to see Jamie gone - just as he is to have seen the back of Kasper. However, Jamie is Mr. Leicester City, so he treads the politically correct path. 

Now I cannot say anything about where this comes from beyond the above, so people can take it or leave it. 

18 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I know some people who work with LCFC at quite a high level. I have been told there is quite a bit of tension between the two and that Brendan would be happy to see Jamie gone - just as he is to have seen the back of Kasper. However, Jamie is Mr. Leicester City, so he treads the politically correct path. 

Now I cannot say anything about where this comes from beyond the above, so people can take it or leave it. 

It must be hard for Rodgers to speak excitedly about the possibility of Vardy extending his contract when he secretly wants him gone. Great acting from the Northern Irishman :appl:

• Like 3

My limited knowledge of the situation is not that BR or Vardy have a 'massive' issue with each other.

I think it's likely more that Vardy is frustrated with the window (as we all are) he's coming to the end of his career and wants to spend the next couple of years being in with a shot of competing for stuff and the recruitment doesn't suggest that we will be able to that in the manner we would like.

It'd be hugely sad, but I wouldn't begrudge Vards a move to a big club to see out his last couple of years but he'd be on the bench and find it frustrating.

Hope he signs an extension.

30 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

That backs up what I’ve ‘felt’ on this.

Rodgers is a politician first, a football manager second imo.

But as you say, shifting Vardy runs the risk of unsettling the whole club.

Well played from Rodgers tbf

At his age he is still top boy and so important to the team. I can imagine his presence in the dressing room is massive for the whole club. The thought of him leaving and going to another club makes me feel sick.

I hope he signs a new deal and see out his career here.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Sadly, it may be also true the other way round too, possibly a number of players might like to see Rodgers gone hence some wanting to leave?

Pure supposition on my part though. I think if I had the talent, drive and capabilites of some of our players, being asked to monotonously pass it backwards and sideways so meaninglessly would drive me mad too. Particularly when they've witnessed it first hand not working. Whilst I think they all bought into his sage like diatribes at first, the scales have probably fallen from their eyes now. Unlike the media pundits with their elite manager briefing packs, the players are around him and have to listen to him every day. Probably even Top is fed up of the same old slobber?

All absolute supposition on my part without the aid of any high up contacts at the club 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Nick said:

My limited knowledge of the situation is not that BR or Vardy have a 'massive' issue with each other.

I think it's likely more that Vardy is frustrated with the window (as we all are) he's coming to the end of his career and wants to spend the next couple of years being in with a shot of competing for stuff and the recruitment doesn't suggest that we will be able to that in the manner we would like.

It'd be hugely sad, but I wouldn't begrudge Vards a move to a big club to see out his last couple of years but he'd be on the bench and find it frustrating.

Hope he signs an extension.

lol..... what utter nonsense

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1