Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Torten

Jamie Vardy

Just now, AKCJ said:

This is all a result of people at the club telling the world we needed to sell before we bought.

Just unsettling all the players. Not that I think Vardy would be bothered by it all but the younger ones will.

Catch 22 mate

You’d  hope the club would have chatted to the players about it not being a serious financial issue and just about ffp going forward 

if we’re going to market to spend then it’s not a bad thing if people think you’re skint

but we’re currently seeing the opposite play out in the media where buying clubs circle like vultures …..

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Have people not cottoned on yet. Journos are going to write clickbait about all of our players before the window ends, it's easy. Leicester look like they need money, they're a little club long overdue a crash back down to earth so obviously they're going to sell all their players. 

The media have been selling our best players constantly for us since we got back in to the Prem and we've still only ever sold those we wanted to. Don't think we've really been bullied once, have we? And we've had several clubs' pants down in the process. 

People need to stop biting. 

Hence the seemingly daily Talksport discussion 

• Like 1

He wants to stay and sign a new deal

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-vardy-contract-rochester-7300952

"At the end of the day, first and foremost, my priority is Leicester City and it always will be," Vardy told FootballJOE. That's what it comes down to: making sure I give my all day in and day out for Leicester and long may that continue.

"It (playing in America) is nothing I've considered at all. My priority is Leicester. I've still got another year left on my deal and fingers crossed if I can carry on getting the goals, still playing well and keeping fit, that can be extended to later down the line."

When asked if a move to America could be on the cards once his playing days are over, he hinted that could well be the case. "Future wise, yeah," he said about moving to the States.

"At the end of the day, it's a long-term project. It's not something that I've just got into so that I can do a year and say 'here it is for someone else'. We've started it from scratch basically, trying to get all the infrastructure right."

Go to around 06:30 in the below video

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Have people not cottoned on yet. Journos are going to write clickbait about all of our players before the window ends, it's easy. Leicester look like they need money, they're a little club long overdue a crash back down to earth so obviously they're going to sell all their players. 

The media have been selling our best players constantly for us since we got back in to the Prem and we've still only ever sold those we wanted to. Don't think we've really been bullied once, have we? And we've had several clubs' pants down in the process. 

People need to stop biting. 

True.

I have started to really dislike the fact that (for a long time now), the transfer market has become as big a part of the football ‘entertainment product’ as the actual games.

Obviously this is promoted and perpetuated by the football media, as it is a massive source of clicks / viewers / readers. Sky are arguably the worst for it, promoting the transfer deadline days as some sort of Super Bowl-style event.

It’s all BS and theatre. Does Rob Dorsett, standing outside a training ground in the dark, gain any more insight into the intricacies of a transfer deal than we do?

I’m also sick of transfer fees being bandied about, when they’re effectively meaningless. Real life is not FM. I’d much rather clubs were forbidden from releasing details of transfer fees, wages, etc. 

Just tell us who has joined who. That’s it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

This is all a result of people at the club telling the world we needed to sell before we bought.

Just unsettling all the players. Not that I think Vardy would be bothered by it all but the younger ones will.

Or just unsettling the press.