Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

Not the best tackle to receive when you’re out of contract in two months ……

if he’s got ligament damage then I hope the others who are off don’t begin to wonder about their commitment to 50/50 challenges on Monday 

Edited by st albans fox

Just now, st albans fox said:

Not the best tackle to receive when you’re out of contract in two months ……

It's not, but it's the downside of allowing your contract to run down. Difficult situation (as we don't know if he was offered an extension  or allowing  a transfer out). Tielemans benefited from the contract run down, but there is always a risk.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Absolute shocker on Den last night. Harwood-Bellis didn’t even get booked. He’s been an effective back up to Ndidi and hopefully he’ll be ok for Preston but such was the force of the foul, that might be the last time he plays for us. 

IMG_8741.jpeg

Lets not go too hard on Harwood Bellis.. he’ll probably be playing for us next year 👀 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Lets not go too hard on Harwood Bellis.. he’ll probably be playing for us next year 👀 

Hope not, if last night is anything to go off, I'd rather have Faes!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

It was a terrible tackle but I do think Praet contributed to it himself by not shielding the Ball better.

Still the defender could have pulled out as the game was over at that stage.

Praet had played the ball down the line, the ‘tackle’ came well after the ball was played which is why it’s almost out of shot on the picture. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

It was a terrible tackle but I do think Praet contributed to it himself by not shielding the Ball better.

Still the defender could have pulled out as the game was over at that stage.

Wtf! He’s caught from behind after the ball has long gone. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

https://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-man-admits-many-things-going-ahead-summer-patiently-waiting-transfer-wants/

Leicester City man admits he has “many things going on” ahead of summer – Patiently waiting for transfer he wants

Leicester City midfielder Dennis Praet has admitted he would love a return to Italy this summer, when he becomes a free agent.

The Belgian midfielder has been speaking to Het Nieuwsblad about his plans for the summer when he becomes a free agent at the end of his contract with the Foxes.

He’s been with Leicester since a €19.2m move from Sampdoria in August 2019 but has endured something of a frustrating five year spell at the club.

That’s largely been down to injuries, which have seen him limited to 107 appearances despite his half decade with them.

Indeed, those injuries appeared to have put something of an end to his time with the club, with them electing to send him out on loan back to Italy with Torino for the 2021/22 season.

He returned from that loan spell and managed 27 appearances for Leicester last season before adding to that tally this season playing a largely substitute role under Enzo Maresca in the Championship.

It’s because of that he’ll be leaving on a free in the summer when his contract comes to an end and while he’s not decided anything yet, Italy is very much at the forefront of his mind.

“I’m at the end of my contract and ready for something new,” he said.

“I am now 29 and physically at the peak of my career. I definitely want to become important somewhere again, so that I can find the fun in the game again.

“Fortunately, there are already a number of things going on, so I am quite relaxed. I just have to be a little more patient. It is logical that some clubs do not yet know their budgets.

“Well, it’s true that Italy will always have the edge. I played three years at Sampdoria and one year at Torino and those were my best years abroad. Tactical football in Italy also appeals to me enormously.

“We also had an Italian coach this season with Enzo Maresca and he made an impression. Especially on the English players. They said they had never learned so much. Apart from that, life in Italy is also great, and I speak the language.

“The focus now is on finding the right club. I am realistic enough to realize that a top four team from a top competition will not suddenly come and get me. But if I end up at a nice mid-range club where I can become a pioneer: that’s also good. And if it is in a location where it is fun for my family to stay, then that is a bonus.”

Edited by moore_94

https://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-man-insists-no-regrets-transfer-unhappy-failed-exit/

Leicester City man insists no regrets over transfer – But was unhappy at failed exit

He originally joined in a €19m deal from Sampdoria in August 2019 but was never able to establish himself properly, largely due to several injury issues.

It means his total for the club is far below what most would expect given the time he’s been there, but the 29-year-old insists he doesn’t regret a thing.

“I don’t regret it,” he said.

“I really wanted to go to the Premier League, that choice was quickly made. I have also experienced many beautiful moments. But yeah, I just wanted to play a lot more. That’s the painful part.

“I’m at the end of my contract and ready for something new. I am now 29 and physically at the peak of my career. I definitely want to become important somewhere again, so that I can find the fun in the game again.”

While he may not regret the move to Leicester, he certainly was left disappointed by their decision to block a permanent move to Torino in 2022.

He joined the Italian club in August 2021 and was a regular for them that year, establishing himself as a key player and making 24 appearances in all competitions.

They were very much keen on a permanent deal and held talks with Leicester throughout the summer but the Foxes demands proved too high and a permanent move never came to fruition.

That clearly left Praet disappointed, although he insists he never made a fuss behind the scenes regardless.

“Yes, but it never happened,” he said when asked about the option in the past.

“In Leicester they thought I was a bit too good, too useful, too versatile to let me go cheaply. I’m not an argumentative person either, I’m not the man to push through a transfer. But Torino is a team I would definitely listen to now.”

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

https://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-man-admits-many-things-going-ahead-summer-patiently-waiting-transfer-wants/

Leicester City midfielder Dennis Praet has admitted he would love a return to Italy this summer, when he becomes a free agent.

The Belgian midfielder has been speaking to Het Nieuwsblad about his plans for the summer when he becomes a free agent at the end of his contract with the Foxes.

He’s been with Leicester since a €19.2m move from Sampdoria in August 2019 but has endured something of a frustrating five year spell at the club.

That’s largely been down to injuries, which have seen him limited to 107 appearances despite his half decade with them.

Indeed, those injuries appeared to have put something of an end to his time with the club, with them electing to send him out on loan back to Italy with Torino for the 2021/22 season.

He returned from that loan spell and managed 27 appearances for Leicester last season before adding to that tally this season playing a largely substitute role under Enzo Maresca in the Championship.

It’s because of that he’ll be leaving on a free in the summer when his contract comes to an end and while he’s not decided anything yet, Italy is very much at the forefront of his mind.

“I’m at the end of my contract and ready for something new,” he said.

“I am now 29 and physically at the peak of my career. I definitely want to become important somewhere again, so that I can find the fun in the game again.

“Fortunately, there are already a number of things going on, so I am quite relaxed. I just have to be a little more patient. It is logical that some clubs do not yet know their budgets.

“Well, it’s true that Italy will always have the edge. I played three years at Sampdoria and one year at Torino and those were my best years abroad. Tactical football in Italy also appeals to me enormously.

“We also had an Italian coach this season with Enzo Maresca and he made an impression. Especially on the English players. They said they had never learned so much. Apart from that, life in Italy is also great, and I speak the language.

“The focus now is on finding the right club. I am realistic enough to realize that a top four team from a top competition will not suddenly come and get me. But if I end up at a nice mid-range club where I can become a pioneer: that’s also good. And if it is in a location where it is fun for my family to stay, then that is a bonus.”

A pioneer of a mid range club. 😂 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

https://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-man-insists-no-regrets-transfer-unhappy-failed-exit/

Leicester City man insists no regrets over transfer – But was unhappy at failed exit

He originally joined in a €19m deal from Sampdoria in August 2019 but was never able to establish himself properly, largely due to several injury issues.

It means his total for the club is far below what most would expect given the time he’s been there, but the 29-year-old insists he doesn’t regret a thing.

“I don’t regret it,” he said.

“I really wanted to go to the Premier League, that choice was quickly made. I have also experienced many beautiful moments. But yeah, I just wanted to play a lot more. That’s the painful part.

“I’m at the end of my contract and ready for something new. I am now 29 and physically at the peak of my career. I definitely want to become important somewhere again, so that I can find the fun in the game again.”

While he may not regret the move to Leicester, he certainly was left disappointed by their decision to block a permanent move to Torino in 2022.

He joined the Italian club in August 2021 and was a regular for them that year, establishing himself as a key player and making 24 appearances in all competitions.

They were very much keen on a permanent deal and held talks with Leicester throughout the summer but the Foxes demands proved too high and a permanent move never came to fruition.

That clearly left Praet disappointed, although he insists he never made a fuss behind the scenes regardless.

“Yes, but it never happened,” he said when asked about the option in the past.

“In Leicester they thought I was a bit too good, too useful, too versatile to let me go cheaply. I’m not an argumentative person either, I’m not the man to push through a transfer. But Torino is a team I would definitely listen to now.”

Physically at his peak WTF🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Guys been like the old Hammer Dracula, you think he is vanquished only to be brought back, full dose of sunlight mixed with holy water and a cross to make Jebus proud now though have finally done for him. Perhaps :sweating: