Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

He's in the discussion, but it's incredible how many £10m+ signings we've made who've made a net negative impact on the club. Ward? £12m. Ghezzal? Roughly the same iirc. Adrien Silva seemed to have a free pass for two years on the basis we ****ed up what was a period of around 4 months, he cost us £20m+ and Puel played an unfit Matty James over him even when he was eleigible. Mendy? £15millon on a guy that can't break a sweat, great. Soumare £5m more for the same. Musa couldn't run straight and was £15m.

Slimani gets pelters and he was largely very very bad — but he at least gave us *something* and a lot more sympathy is offered to the jobbers above than him. People still seem to think Soumare could do a job for crying out loud.

Yeah some bad transfers in there. Musa gets a pass though because I think we might even have turned a profit on him from that Saudi club. Praet will leave for free in the summer having given us one memorable pass against Brentford's academy kids in the FA Cup.

• Like 2

Guest glasgowfox

I think the guy has had a raw deal at Leicester tbh.  You should not slag a guy for being injured unless he isn't.  With decent management and not sending the guy out on loan then I think he could have done a really good job at Leicester...for people saying he's on a great wage I think its a bit irrelevant,  blame the club for the contract, not him for taking the money 

He often turns his back when tackling or half backs out… as a kid we used to constantly get told to commit to a challenge fully or you’ll get hurt.

Coincidence that he’s either playing and bottling challenges or out injured?? 

I’ll caveat this by saying I didn’t see how he got injured today… so he may have reinforced my point or not! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

He often turns his back when tackling or half backs out… as a kid we used to constantly get told to commit to a challenge fully or you’ll get hurt.

Coincidence that he’s either playing and bottling challenges or out injured?? 

I’ll caveat this by saying I didn’t see how he got injured today… so he may have reinforced my point or not! 

Enzo has tried har with dennis to cover for missing ndidi.  It hasnt worked and his injury record is poor.  I think it's over for him

7 hours ago, trabuch said:

I'm not entirely sure why I'm supposed to hate him today. Is it because he played 105 minutes in the match we won. Or because he got injured after fifteen minutes in a match we went on to lose?

Me neither.  
Or that our manager and coaching staff (also  being paid huge wages) deciding , with all their coaching badges and experience , that he  was the right choice to start).

Hes never been a flair player, or a tough tackler - if you watch him he’s a link up carrier type, important in many successful teams. 
He played well in 1 of our best wins this season on Tuesday. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Langston said:

He's in the discussion, but it's incredible how many £10m+ signings we've made who've made a net negative impact on the club. Ward? £12m. Ghezzal? Roughly the same iirc. Adrien Silva seemed to have a free pass for two years on the basis we ****ed up what was a period of around 4 months, he cost us £20m+ and Puel played an unfit Matty James over him even when he was eleigible. Mendy? £15millon on a guy that can't break a sweat, great. Soumare £5m more for the same. Musa couldn't run straight and was £15m.

Slimani gets pelters and he was largely very very bad — but he at least gave us *something* and a lot more sympathy is offered to the jobbers above than him. People still seem to think Soumare could do a job for crying out loud.

You forgot Benkovic. £12m and didn’t make a single first team league appearance. 

Personally think Adrien Silva is comfortably the worst though. £22mil and didn’t have a single good performance in his time here. 

Edit - Wouldn’t put Praet in the top 5 personally, he wasn’t worth what we paid for him but he’s had quite a few good performances which is more than you can say for many others in the +10mil range.

Silva, Benkovic, Ward, Soumare, Musa, Ghezzal and  Souttar (though he still has time to turn it round) were all worse in terms of cost to what they gave us. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

You forgot Benkovic. £12m and didn’t make a single first team league appearance. 

Personally think Adrien Silva is comfortably the worst though. £22mil and didn’t have a single good performance in his time here. 

Agree . Silva was a disaster 

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

He doesn’t have numbers in terms of goals and assists but he’s been professional this season and done what’s been asked of him, he’s played a simple game and often played it quite well. 

I know we’ve been in a situation where club and player needed to move on a couple of windows ago, but I do like Praet and I don’t think he’s done much wrong as a professional, it just sometimes felt like a square peg and a round hole. 

Hope the injury isn’t a bad one and hope to see him feature in the final games. I expect he will go on to another team in Europe and do okay. 

I don't really disagree but players should not be praised for being professional and doing the bare minimum.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

He doesn’t have numbers in terms of goals and assists but he’s been professional this season and done what’s been asked of him, he’s played a simple game and often played it quite well. 

I know we’ve been in a situation where club and player needed to move on a couple of windows ago, but I do like Praet and I don’t think he’s done much wrong as a professional, it just sometimes felt like a square peg and a round hole. 

Hope the injury isn’t a bad one and hope to see him feature in the final games. I expect he will go on to another team in Europe and do okay. 

oh stop it.  This is called getting carried away with a good performance lol

he’s been awful on many occasions and has appeared completely disinterested most of the time.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, MPH said:

oh stop it.  This is called getting carried away with a good performance lol

he’s been awful on many occasions and has appeared completely disinterested most of the time.

If that’s me getting carried away I must come round yours for a wild night on the shandy’s 😂 

Yeah I think you’re right on the performances but I felt like he often just hasn’t fit what we are trying to do. I’m not sure possession football suits him at all

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

If that’s me getting carried away I must come round yours for a wild night on the shandy’s 😂 

Yeah I think you’re right on the performances but I felt like he often just hasn’t fit what we are trying to do. I’m not sure possession football suits him at all

Cos he took to the old stuff like a Belgian to waffles. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

when things were good, he was good.  But when things went pear shaped, I don’t think he knew how to deal with it…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Absolute shocker on Den last night. Harwood-Bellis didn’t even get booked. He’s been an effective back up to Ndidi and hopefully he’ll be ok for Preston but such was the force of the foul, that might be the last time he plays for us. 

IMG_8741.jpeg

Blimey, if his ankle ligaments are still intact then he’s done well there.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Absolute shocker on Den last night. Harwood-Bellis didn’t even get booked. He’s been an effective back up to Ndidi and hopefully he’ll be ok for Preston but such was the force of the foul, that might be the last time he plays for us. 

IMG_8741.jpeg

He looked in pain after the final whistle walking around the pitch

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

IMG_8741.jpeg

This is what VAR should be used for and it'd be incredibly easy.

Need to get rid of this from the game.

• Like 4