Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think McAteer presses better than him and has more pace which in certain games is definitely needed. Not sure he offers more physicality at all but his use of the ball is better than Kasey. 

Still think Yunus is the best option but won't happen.

This 100% BUT away to Leeds is not the game for McAteer it would be suicidal to trust him in tomorrow’s environment.

I don’t want to go OTT but the atmosphere tomorrow is all about our top players experience. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

This 100% BUT away to Leeds is not the game for McAteer it would be suicidal to trust him in tomorrow’s environment.

I don’t want to go OTT but the atmosphere tomorrow is all about our top players experience. 

I agree, I'd have Ricardo as an 8 and Hamza in the inverted full back role. But I think Praet will start.

Too many fans trying to re-jiggle a successfull side…

One can chase oneself up one’s own jacksy..

This or that permatation..

Like we found,KDH or Ndidi, I reckon Dennis Praet has been more than ok

in Ndidis position,probably not so dynamic as Wilfred.

But let’s look at for me the 3   alternatives..

Choudhury..he has played a few times in that type of position under Rodgers

and done reasonably well..( ignoring FT cynics)

Choudhury slipping into normal RB, Ricardo taking up that Praet position.

or Nacho taking his compatriots position…A new career begins…??

But for me Enzo has always recognised what is needed..

Strange he looked uncomfortable with media on Ndids position…Is he being canny and setting something up for Leeds so they sacrifice their attention in that area..

Edited by fuchsntf

Mcateer gets a nosebleed anytime he receives the ball with time and space, he needs to turn back. Arguably done better in tighter situations, where the rhythm has been set for him by the previous pass- Southampton away goal or the friendly vs Liverpool, when he came in from the left.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Got to be in the top 10 worst transfers in terms of value for money in club history. Maybe even top 5.

He's nowhere near. Our current in favour striker is definitely up there but if you go through the Levein, Kelly and Holloway eras I'll find you at least 20 that are well ahead of him.

As a player it must be soul destroying to have so many niggly injuries and interruptions to your career. Not being able to trust your body when you step on the pitch. Just another of those Darren Eadie, Matt James, Ledley King type of players that's always got a problem.

• Like 1

Just now, iancognito said:

He's nowhere near. Our current in favour striker is definitely up there but if you go through the Levein, Kelly and Holloway eras I'll find you at least 20 that are well ahead of him.

As a player it must be soul destroying to have so many niggly injuries and interruptions to your career. Not being able to trust your body when you step on the pitch. Just another of those Darren Eadie, Matt James, Ledley King type of players that's always got a problem.

Ok. So please tell me, what exactly has he contributed in 5 years in return for the £18.4m outlay?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Previous eras didn’t spend as much money as now, which is why OP probably said Praet is among our worse transfers. We’ve had worse players in previous eras but they cost us minimal compared to, for example, the near £20m we paid for Praet.

7 minutes ago, iancognito said:

He is very much in the conversation for our top 10 worst transfers. Sure Josh Low is a worse player but he didn't cost anything and we got rid after a few months. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Ok. So please tell me, what exactly has he contributed in 5 years in return for the £18.4m outlay?

I'm not saying he's made a huge contribution I'm saying there's far worse whether you go back a decade or just some of our more recent expensive flops. His issue has been injuries and that's out of his control, others were just sh!te.

Edited by iancognito

Just now, iancognito said:

I'm not saying he's made a huge contribution I'm saying there's far worse whether you go back a decade or just some of our more recent expensive flops. His issue has been injuries and that's out of his control, others were just sh!the.

I said he's one of our worst transfers in terms of 'value for money'. I don't think that's an unreasonable statement. He may be talented. He may have been unlucky. But he's undoubtedly NOT given much return on investment.

• Like 1

Recent times Slimani, Silva, Souttar, Daka, Ward , Soumare, Ghezzel, Benjovic all in and around the fees we paid for Praet if not more, surely Praet can't be as bad as some of the above 

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He isn't. Which makes the fact that he's contributed next to diddly squat for the past 5 years even more of a disappointment.

He is just injury prone and made of glass, but some posters says worse transfer in history is massively exaggerating! Too many fans only supporting Leicester since 2016

Just now, Topman said:

He is just injury prone and made of glass, but some posters says worse transfer in history is massively exaggerating! Too many fans only supporting Leicester since 2016

Please read what I actually said in my original post. He's far from the worst player to ever play for us. But in terms of 'value for money', which is what I said, he's definitely one of the worst transfers in club history.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Please read what I actually said in my original post. He's far from the worst player to ever play for us. But in terms of 'value for money', which is what I said, he's definitely one of the worst transfers in club history.

That bit harsh to say history, Silva, Ward,Ghezzel, Benkovic.  Musa...I can name 5 worse in 1 min

4 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Got to be in the top 10 worst transfers in terms of value for money in club history. Maybe even top 5.

He's in the discussion, but it's incredible how many £10m+ signings we've made who've made a net negative impact on the club. Ward? £12m. Ghezzal? Roughly the same iirc. Adrien Silva seemed to have a free pass for two years on the basis we ****ed up what was a period of around 4 months, he cost us £20m+ and Puel played an unfit Matty James over him even when he was eleigible. Mendy? £15millon on a guy that can't break a sweat, great. Soumare £5m more for the same. Musa couldn't run straight and was £15m.

Slimani gets pelters and he was largely very very bad — but he at least gave us *something* and a lot more sympathy is offered to the jobbers above than him. People still seem to think Soumare could do a job for crying out loud.

• Like 2