Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Dennis Praet

Just now, Unabomber said:

I’ve noticed a few people seem to have an agenda against him. You should never do that imo, just judge players as they play. I am very level headed though. 

Nothing better than an unexpected redemption for one of your own players, like a new signing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lesterlad said:

Same as the same sheep would slag off Vestergaard even if he was man of the match 

I remember Vestergaard getting the blame v Huddersfield early season...6ft 6 and can't jump! 

I watched the reply at the time and the ball was at least double his height. So blamed for not leaping 7ft. And nobody mentioned Doyle who was marking the goalscorer. 

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I remember Vestergaard getting the blame v Huddersfield early season...6ft 6 and can't jump! 

I watched the reply at the time and the ball was at least double his height. So blamed for not leaping 7ft. And nobody mentioned Doyle who was marking the goalscorer. 

Well yes vesty shit, but not Doyle shit👀

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I’ve noticed a few people seem to have an agenda against him. You should never do that imo, just judge players as they play. I am very level headed though. 

Apparently not doing anything spectacular is a reason to be unimpressed these days. Scored in the cup and was a goalkeeper's fingertip from being on the scoresheet against Stoke. Was nowhere near as wasteful with his passing as KDH yesterday and is doing the simple things well. He's probably not as creative as he could be but I can say that with most of the midfield. We lack a final pass or players who can spot a run.

My biggest concern is his fitness. Looks shattered by half-time and in the same way as the strikers and LBs get rotated maybe he should be sharing the 8 role with Yunus. He's taken ages to get into the side and the lack of football is taking it's toll a bit compared to the others.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I remember that too, yet people moan for for sake of it 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, iancognito said:

Apparently not doing anything spectacular is a reason to be unimpressed these days. Scored in the cup and was a goalkeeper's fingertip from being on the scoresheet against Stoke. Was nowhere near as wasteful with his passing as KDH yesterday and is doing the simple things well. He's probably not as creative as he could be but I can say that with most of the midfield. We lack a final pass or players who can spot a run.

My biggest concern is his fitness. Looks shattered by half-time and in the same way as the strikers and LBs get rotated maybe he should be sharing the 8 role with Yunus. He's taken ages to get into the side and the lack of football is taking it's toll a bit compared to the others.

Think you are right, his fitness has to be a concern, it just been too long since he has been playing regularly. Also feel he is nowhere near as bad as some make out, and I do not understand why some players are given time/space but others are almost instantly damned with no chance of redemption. Really weird, as he plays for us, so support him? Guess it’s because he isn’t flashy, a recycler, so just keeps it ticking over.

• Like 2

On 18/02/2024 at 16:51, Dahnsouff said:

Nothing better than an unexpected redemption for one of your own players, like a new signing.

I honestly thought he would be very good at this level. He's tactically astute, a good passer, but not that dynamic, which doesn't sit well with the "Gerrint'em" crowd.

• Like 2

He involved all around the pitch,is many time the get out pass,around the last third,

part of Fatawu’s movement,like that neat ball that Ndidi runs for to the bye-line

and cross..  His tackling is decent,and does the hard yards,thats one reason he

gets puffed..We have Akgun,maybe others who can cover after 70-75min..

Praet seems an important link for Enzo, I ain’t going to argue…

His biggest weakness is his lack of pace. He is so painfully slow that he can't really press and he can't defend against transitions. Against Watford in particular they had so much joy through the middle of the park and that was partly down to the fact that Praet just couldn't get back into position to defend the transition.

We'll need more energy in there against Leeds, so hopefully it'll be Ricardo or even McAteer in that 8 role.

On 18/02/2024 at 16:48, Unabomber said:

He's done basically nothing in nearly five years so obviously people are going to cut him less slack than someone who regularly contributes. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bovril said:

He's done basically nothing in nearly five years so obviously people are going to cut him less slack than someone who regularly contributes

I agree, he needs to go when his contract is over, but I see an issue with the highlighted word.

Just what is a valuable contribution? Goal, sure, Saves, sure, Assists, sure, what else? Its not so simple, and I am not saying Praet has the mystic value, I am just not sure how to quantify value outside of the obvious metrics!

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/battle-leicester-citys-problem-position-9114959?fbclid=IwAR2rTzoaC--OY4M6Epse_b3X1R0CfkyHX7hKa-n9-jV-6pjA1hFAFgy14lY

Battle for Leicester City's problem position is being won as Enzo Maresca praises improving star
Dennis Praet has started the last three Championship game alongside Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall after Enzo Maresca was forced to seek an alternative to Wilfred Ndidi and Cesare Casadei

ByJordan Blackwell
12:40, 21 FEB 2024

Dennis Praet is improving game by game, manager Enzo Maresca has said, with the Belgian appearing to have nailed down his place in Leicester City’s problem position.

Praet has started the last three Championship games for City and looks to be winning a battle with Kasey McAteer and Yunus Akgun to play alongside Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall in attacking midfield. It became a position of contention for City after Wilfred Ndidi suffered a serious muscle injury and Cesare Casadei was recalled by Chelsea.

But Praet, who received praise from Maresca early in the campaign before he was sidelined for four months with a back issue, looks to be the manager’s go-to man. After the 29-year-old started at Watford, Maresca said: “he gives us more physicality in the middle, and also he’s a quality player”.

Against Middlesbrough on Saturday, Praet was one of City’s better performers, doing well to make himself an option in attacking areas. His consistently good runs on the inside-right channel saw him receive more progressive passes and have more touches inside the box than any other City player, the Belgian perhaps unfortunate not to create more chances with his crosses inside.

Maresca said after the defeat: “For me, Dennis is getting better game after game. He arrived there many times and crossed the ball. Sometimes we were there and sometimes not. I think overall Dennis did a very good game.”

He will be favourite to start for City this Friday night for the crunch clash with promotion rivals Leeds, and if he does, he will be making his milestone 100th appearance for the club. However, he’s still never completed a full league match for City.

The loss to Boro was the closest Praet has come to playing a full 90 minutes in a league fixture for City, with the midfielder substituted just before added time began. But it’s now 74 league outings since his transfer from Sampdoria in 2019 without getting from the first whistle to the last.

Praet is one of six players out of contract for City at the end of the season. Maresca has said previously the club will wait until their league status becomes more clear before initiating talks with those whose deals are coming to an end.

If there's one thing that Dennis does well (I think there's more than one thing, but let's assume his critics are right and there is just the one) it's that clever untracked  run inside the full back to deliver a cross - a move that Wilf pulled off two or three times this season to great effect 

• Like 2

I think McAteer presses better than him and has more pace which in certain games is definitely needed. Not sure he offers more physicality at all but his use of the ball is better than Kasey. 

Still think Yunus is the best option but won't happen.

• Like 1