Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Robin Gosens

Time for the links to Gosens to start up again!

http://sportwitness.co.uk/west-ham-leicester-can-entice-club-big-offer-player-future-remains-written/

The Foxes have been touted as an interested party for the Germany international since the end of the transfer window, and they continue to be so in early November.

The player’s situation at Inter certainly makes it easy to suggest a January move could be on the cards, and both West Ham and Leicester could take advantage of it.

That’s according to Gazzetta dello Sport, who state that ‘in addition to Bayer Leverkusen’, a number of other German clubs are interested in the player.

Beyond the Bundesliga, it’s stated that Leicester and West Ham, following reports of their interest, are ‘both able to entice Inter with rich offers’ should they decide to make a move for the player.

Either way, it’s made clear the player’s future, and that of the left-hand side of his club’s defence, ‘remains to be written’.

We all know West Ham and Leicester could find the money to surpass Bundesliga clubs if they wanted to, so it’s certainly one to keep an eye on.

I said in another Gosens thread, I don't see it. Not just the money, not even the money, it's just I don't see it as a priority position for us. There are other areas in more need, particularly when you consider who we might well lose in Jan/summer.

So, yes, gerrrimin.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

?????

We have circa 50m sitting around from the Fofana deal. I don't expect us to spend all of it, but could see us spending 20-30m on a 2 players. Glover is in, it's after the world cup and it would help our league position, so I think it's likely we get someone.

I'm a massive Gosens fan. There are arguments he's not a good LB and better at LWB but I don't agree. I think he is like Castagne but an even better version because his attacking output is so good. Justin has been solid of recent, but I think Gosens would take us to another level down that side. He could also play in Barnes position IMO if he needed rest, we wanted to change it up. 

I think he'll go back to Germany though!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We have circa 50m sitting around from the Fofana deal. I don't expect us to spend all of it, but could see us spending 20-30m on a 2 players. Glover is in, it's after the world cup and it would help our league position, so I think it's likely we get someone.

I'm a massive Gosens fan. There are arguments he's not a good LB and better at LWB but I don't agree. I think he is like Castagne but an even better version because his attacking output is so good. Justin has been solid of recent, but I think Gosens would take us to another level down that side. He could also play in Barnes position IMO if he needed rest, we wanted to change it up. 

I think he'll go back to Germany though!

I don't see us buying goosens and keeping castagne .....

• Like 1

Gosens went to Inter from Atalanta for around a fee of 25m euros (£22m), it hasn't really worked out he only played around 800 minutes in the league since he joined. 

Looks like Inter want to off-load, if we could get a loan with an option to buy it would be perfect.

In the summer we lose around another big chuck of the wage bill to add to the Kasper savings, so will have around 400k of the wage bill a week, player Amortisation on the balance sheet also drops by 30m.

Don't see money as a massive issue.

I think we miss a natural left-foot full-back, I don't think the club sees Thomas as the answer. 

Not a chance we cash in on Castange unless it is stupid money. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

From what I know of Gosens, isn't he more of a wing back than a full back? I just don't see us playing with wing backs very often so not sure how he'd fit in here. 

he can do it all. he’s a utility guy. obviously because of his ability going forward wb works best as he gets more freedom. Think prime ricardo… yes he’s better at going forward than defending but he’s perfectly capable and you don’t really think about it (in truth gosens defends better than ricardo)

Edited by Lambert09

23 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The way we use Castagne at the moment, he often IS the right winger with Maddison drifting infield. This is a "lop-sided" fullback and Rodgers used Kiernan Tierney to do the same thing at Celtic.

If we had Gosens, then I think we'd take it in turns depending on what side we attack down for either Gosens or Castagne to bomb on whilst the other one sits. This would allow Barnes to drift more inside, which he has been doing a bit of in recent times anyway. 

If we used him in that way, I think he'd be extremely effective. He's not that dissimilar in terms of end product to Trent Alexander-Arnold at Liverpool. One season Gosens scored 13 goals and got 7 assists... as a wing back. He's not bad defensively either, it's more that his tendency was to push forwards as an instinct. Between him and Castagne, Timmy was seen as the more defensive one, Gosens as the more attacking one. Castagne lost his place a few times to Mark Hateboer, which was why he was willing to leave Atalanta. 

We'd need prime Ndidi back or get a class cdm if we were using attacking full backs. Would make sense to get a natural left back though and Justin could be back up to both Timmy and Gosens. Would probably mean Thomas would need to move, maybe on loan to start with and see how he gets on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

From what I know of Gosens, isn't he more of a wing back than a full back? I just don't see us playing with wing backs very often so not sure how he'd fit in here. 

....if Rodgers plays how he wants to play, it will be three at the back with wingbacks marauding further up the pitch!!!

Gosens would serve a purpose but Ricardo will never get back to his prime self.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

On 07/11/2022 at 12:39, taupe said:

I said in another Gosens thread, I don't see it. Not just the money, not even the money, it's just I don't see it as a priority position for us. There are other areas in more need, particularly when you consider who we might well lose in Jan/summer.

So, yes, gerrrimin.

TSDR: Our Goosens cooked with this one

19 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The way we use Castagne at the moment, he often IS the right winger with Maddison drifting infield. This is a "lop-sided" fullback and Rodgers used Kiernan Tierney to do the same thing at Celtic.

If we had Gosens, then I think we'd take it in turns depending on what side we attack down for either Gosens or Castagne to bomb on whilst the other one sits. This would allow Barnes to drift more inside, which he has been doing a bit of in recent times anyway. 

If we used him in that way, I think he'd be extremely effective. He's not that dissimilar in terms of end product to Trent Alexander-Arnold at Liverpool. One season Gosens scored 13 goals and got 7 assists... as a wing back. He's not bad defensively either, it's more that his tendency was to push forwards as an instinct. Between him and Castagne, Timmy was seen as the more defensive one, Gosens as the more attacking one. Castagne lost his place a few times to Mark Hateboer, which was why he was willing to leave Atalanta. 

In truth I think this was Rodgers' hope if he had Ricky P to choose from. Being able to offer a real threat from both flanks changes the way that teams have to set up against us as we could easily overload from both sides. Given how good Castagne is at attacking it would be superb squad development for us to have someone potentially even more potent on the other side. He looks like a bit of a unit as well so would help with our physicality on the whole. 

• Like 2

Given the strong possibility we lose both Tielemans and Maddison by the summer, maybe we'll go 3 at the back 343, with Gosens and Castagne as wingbacks, so we just need legs in the middle rather than creativity.

And another couple cbs.

And an rw.

Maybe not eh.

Edited by JimJams

14 hours ago, JimJams said:

Given the strong possibility we lose both Tielemans and Maddison by the summer, maybe we'll go 3 at the back 343, with Gosens and Castagne as wingbacks, so we just need legs in the middle rather than creativity.

And another couple cbs.

And an rw.

Maybe not eh.

I think Brendan wants to be able to switch systems. It seems clear to me that in games he thinks we are the best team we play 4 and teams that he thinks are better the 3x 

even with gosens, i still believe we would follow this rule.