Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Robin Gosens

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I think Brendan wants to be able to switch systems. It seems clear to me that in games he thinks we are the best team we play 4 and teams that he thinks are better the 3x 

even with gosens, i still believe we would follow this rule. 

...there are at the most 3 teams in this league that you would consider playing against with a back 3!!!

The other games should require a back four, which would then put Maddison in his 10# position and have both wings with the same fire power.  In games not needing a DCM, playing two 8# such as KDH.or Praet alongside Maddison would work.

As a compromise to the old system, 4-2-3-1 will give me almost what I would like to see which is a 4-4-2,  but that leaves you a bit short in the middle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Talk that Rick Karsdorp has been told by Mourinho to leave Roma. Would be a decent RB option and have Castagne move to LB

Being told to leave because of major attitude issues, Roma fans really aren't keen on him.
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/yqu320/goal_italia_mourinho_roma_have_been_betrayed_by_a/

• Like 1

We need to get a fullback in, can’t rely on Castagne, Thomas and a returning Riccy P for half a season. Might as well be someone not getting a lot of football we’ve followed for some time. Loan with option to buy in summer, all agreed in time for start of window. Would be lovely! 

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Wouldn't want another Bertie would we and on £100 grand a week. Pass on this one.

He hasn't missed a game this season for Inter due to injury, he played a part in 11 Serie A and 6 Champion League games he has just not been a regular starter. 

He was a regular starter at the start of 21/22 but suffered a hamstring injury.

Before that, with Atalanta he played 40+ games in each of the last 3 seasons.

On 10/11/2022 at 17:11, LVFox said:

Talk that Rick Karsdorp has been told by Mourinho to leave Roma. Would be a decent RB option and have Castagne move to LB

Surely we've learnt we need players who left back are their strongest position, not that they can play there.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Surely we've learnt we need players who left back are their strongest position, not that they can play there.

Yeah ideally for me we bring an experienced left back this January and give Thomas a few more minutes. Can then make the decision in the summer on whether Thomas is of the standard required yet or we bring a left back at 20-24 in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I am an Ostrich said:

we should go for that brentford left back, still quite young, can play full back or wing back, great left foot, fast and english.

Might cost a few quid though...

think we looked at him when he was at Walsall before he went to brentford, but i think the ship has sailed with Rico Henry sadly

14 hours ago, bald reynard said:

I found the following quote from that article especially encouraging

"Gosens has suffered from recurring injuries that have heavily contributed to the lack of playing minutes this season."