Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boots60

UK & Ireland Euro 2028 bid

14 stadiums announced for UK & Ireland bid for the 2028 euro's. 

Surprise, surprise, Leicester is not in the running.

By then, with a 40,000 + ground & massive financial outlay invested this feels like a big rejection from the powers that be & the City is missing out on a windfall & a chance to be part of an international event.

Villa Park the only Midlands venue.

Leicester fans love a bitch when they're not involved with things. Amazing. This is going to be Maddison not being in the England squad all over again. 

Not a huge fan of the London Stadium being on there but I can't get too upset about our (potentially) upgraded stadium being included to get the privilege of hosting Norway v Portugal and Latvia v Poland.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Leicester fans love a bitch when they're not involved with things. Amazing. This is going to be Maddison not being in the England squad all over again. 

Not a huge fan of the London Stadium being on there but I can't get too upset about our (potentially) upgraded stadium being included to get the privilege of hosting Norway v Portugal and Latvia v Poland.

Not a bitch, a comment on a football message board. Thanks for the advance fixtures though.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Super_horns said:

No idea how true this is but would be typical Spurs to mess up any bid!?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20828219/uefa-warn-tottenham-ruin-euro-2028-bid-stadium/

It’s true but it’s an absolute non-story. It’s the same for every stadium. It’s why the King Power is marked as the Leicester City Stadium sometimes.

• Like 2

On 22/12/2022 at 04:10, when_you're_smiling said:

It’s true but it’s an absolute non-story. It’s the same for every stadium. It’s why the King Power is marked as the Leicester City Stadium sometimes.

Yes sorry I know Stadiums have to be referred to non sponsorship names but meant the story itself .

Got a few years to sort it out if we win the bid..

• 3 months later...
34 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

No old trafford...how the mighty have fallen.

I still love my trip to Old Trafford but every season I go outside the ground and in the concourse gets worse. I'm not surprised their fans moan about no money being put into it anymore. The pitch and stands seen during the game remain amazing though.

I'm surprised Spurs are listed ahead of Arsenal.

4 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Personally I'd of prefered Ibrox or Celtic park ahead of some of the stadiums listed.

Me too, but Hampden is the only Uefa 5 star stadium in Scotland due to its South Stand facilities for the press and access to the ground for the team busses. 

Parkhead was done on the cheap and still has pillers in parts of the ground that spoils the sight lines of fans. Last time I went the  outside was a tip. 

Ibrox is a bit like Old Trafford in the way it's been neglected over the years, but in my opinion is a better stadium than the other 2. 

13 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Me too, but Hampden is the only Uefa 5 star stadium in Scotland due to its South Stand facilities for the press and access to the ground for the team busses. 

Parkhead was done on the cheap and still has pillers in parts of the ground that spoils the sight lines of fans. Last time I went the  outside was a tip. 

Ibrox is a bit like Old Trafford in the way it's been neglected over the years, but in my opinion is a better stadium than the other 2. 

Could have used Murrayfield as well I suppose

6 hours ago, TK95 said:

Could have used Murrayfield as well I suppose

Murrayfield is always brought up when talking about moving from Hampden but it wasn't a good experience for fans when Hearts played there a few seasons ago. Pitch too far away, stands behind the goals too shallow. 

plus, the SFA wouldn't want to give the SRU a bean. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

so, 2 in London, then besides 2 out on the west of the country nothing between Birmingham and Newcastle? like surely they could have swapped out Spurs stadium for Elland Road or one of the Sheffield clubs to spread it around a bit more

Don't have the facilities expected of an UEFA competition stadium now. ie. wining and dining exec's 

Beside that I think Elland Rd+Hillsborough have parts which are congested and borderline unsafe whilst Bramall Lane's pitch doesn't meet the expected size (just like Anfield)