Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

FIFA

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Assume fifa will say CAS has no jurisdiction over FIFA

Hmm. 

I assume the fact that they have set up a non permanent tribunal for the World Cup means they do have power? 

Detest FIFA and all they stand for - so hopefully at the very least a CAS ruling can shine a light and make them squirm. 

If it turns out that CAS do have jurisdiction over the World Cup or some of its offshoot companies, then even better. 

25 minutes ago, Milo said:

Germans have taken the armband/one love ban to CAS. 

I think I read somewhere that there is CAS set up just for the World Cup and will hear cases and respond within 48 hours. 

So could be interesting. 

FIFA are not and have never pretended to be an org with governance and accountability structures. Can’t imagine a CAS ruling over an armband will scare them 

After the tournament ends governments and organisations from all countries must insist that FIFA changes or teams will boycott or set up their own organisations. FIFA is nothing without the European teams and clubs as Europe is where all the money and best leagues are.UEFA needs to make a stand.

Loved the German teams photo and statement regarding being gagged.

TBH this sort of thing probably says more than actually wearing the armband would and makes FIFA look like the bunch of total tw*ts that they are.

That said, presuming that yellow cards are cancelled after the group stages, would be great to see all sides wearing the armbands for the last group games. Would really put FIFA between a rock and a hard place. Can see mass defections after the end of this tournament

• Like 1

6 hours ago, urban fox said:

Loved the German teams photo and statement regarding being gagged.

TBH this sort of thing probably says more than actually wearing the armband would and makes FIFA look like the bunch of total tw*ts that they are.

That said, presuming that yellow cards are cancelled after the group stages, would be great to see all sides wearing the armbands for the last group games. Would really put FIFA between a rock and a hard place. Can see mass defections after the end of this tournament

People keep overlooking that the warning was "yellow card or worse".

Truth be told, we're seeing all this fuss way too late. A boycott should have happened years ago. 

I would fully support the dismantling of FIFA, but whatever comes in its place would likely carry traces over from the corrupt and oblique dealings of years past.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought this needed to be seen in here.

I mean, I've always been fairly shit at football, but even I could take a better corner than this, and I wouldn't have the brass neck to put myself up as overlord of the entire frickin sport if I was that poor at it.

I thought at Qatar, Football won..
It showed across to all corners the Football & fans..

It actually showed FIFA,getting most of the football descisions right..

but it showed the All round FIFA package as tainted & not a humble organisation.

and somewhat tacky…The various FAs,well the homeland fans will judge their own FAs ,whether decent,holding more than their own,or total mess..based over the next year on Qatar,and their organisations after and behind World.cup legacies.