Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

FIFA

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

They must already air con outside areas. It’s excessive in the middle east. I went to Bahrain for the f1 in March and was shivering frequently when it was >30 degrees outside because of the excessive air con. I wore trousers and carried a jumper everywhere for when we went indoor venues. I can’t imagine how cold it is indoors in Bahrain when temps reach 50 degrees outside 

It's literally impossible to air condition outside air. Isn't it? 

6 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I think the stadium they call the tent has a closed roof. And they all have air con. Also can’t be arsed to google so let’s call it a draw! 

OK, I gave in and googled.

No indoor stadia, although "The Tent" has a sort of covering.

They claim the stadia are air conditioned for fans. But surely as soon as that hits a 32 degree heat, its like pissing in the wind?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Given Infantino's outpourings today:

20221119_132543.jpg.c690a6a1417446500adb597f9366fdff.jpg

:facepalm:

I thought this subforum needed a thread to document just how very low the bigwigs are going to go during this tournament.

He missed "Today I feel really rich"

Edited by Jattdogg

21 minutes ago, MPH said:

Be careful how far you go with your ‘likes’ , Hamza!

21C634DD-9351-4108-9F95-DA9998ECA0CC.jpeg

"Modesty" is fine, so long as people consent to it.

How people contrive to miss this point, I don't know. It's not about differing values, it's about the lack of consent for them being applied being rode roughshod over.

• Like 2

It's a shame really. As a kid memories of my first World Cups were purely about the sport; Brazil vs Scotland, England vs Columbia, Romania with their bleached hair. The most dramatic event of that Tournament was Beckham kicking out at Simeone. I didn't go, I didn't understand any of the potential politics or squabbling, or even what might've been done to Ronaldo - me and my friends purely enjoyed the event.

Enjoy it for what it is. If you don't like Qatar or their politics don't support them in anyway, likewise FIFA, but don't spoil it for those who just want to watch the football.

I can understand the reasoning for cancelling the stadium drinking. If this was on religious grounds they would have banned it outright. 

This is a totally alien event for Qatar to host. Yes they’ve got the hotels,  they’ve built the stadiums. They have probably had big exhibitions and trade fairs etc but they just don’t have the experience or real infrastructure for something like this, it just seems like one of those places which is totally style over substance. 

The whole place is controlled by suppression, I doubt the Qatari police have ever had to make an arrest at a football game let alone deal with a few thousand drunk football fans throwing anything and everything at each other. 

They’re just horribly exposed and trying to paper over the cracks. 

10 minutes ago, Livid said:

I can understand the reasoning for cancelling the stadium drinking. If this was on religious grounds they would have banned it outright.

To be honest, if it had been banned outrignt from the start people might have grumbled a bit, but it would probably have been accepted that it's a fairly traditional Muslim country in many ways, so fair enough (not that it would have been banned from the start because of FIFA's hideous entanglements with sponsors which include Budweiser). But I think it's the last-minute changes that are  causing problems.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Raj said:

Morning of a World Cup start and absolutely  zero enthusiasm about it.

That from a 52 year old who remembers some epic epic World Cups.

says it all really.

Farce.

Exactly the same. I don’t think the thought of Qatar v Ecuador as the opening game is helping much. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

What point are you trying to make here exactly?

that the appears to be Qatari fan groups popping up everywhere. I mean, that’s the progression of these jokes isn’t it? There will be a meme of one of them on the moon, soon I’m sure..

7 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Enjoy it for what it is. If you don't like Qatar or their politics don't support them in anyway, likewise FIFA, but don't spoil it for those who just want to watch the football.

Or, people who are reduced to tears by reading something on the internet might be best served by avoiding forums and social media and their enjoyment of FIFA's product of abuse will be preserved.