Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

FIFA

23 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I'm sorry the armband was always a form of posturing. It was embarrassing. These are the same players who love to party in Dubai. Out of choice!

Yes it was embarrassing. Kane though said he'll wear it. Come on Kane, do it. Are you scared of a yellow card? Are you so poor you can't afford a fine? 

• Like 1

Really don't understand the FA and other European associations stance on this. Surely the World Cup is a spectacle because of the very best players being on show. A World Cup without those players due to suspension isn't really in FIFA's interests so I'd just go ahead as planned and if they want to hand out bans then so be it but they'll be doing so to the detriment of the tournament. In fact I'd even go as far as to test the boundaries with FIFA and give the captaincy to all of the star players in attendance at the tournament to see how they respond. 

• Like 2

Just now, Number 6 said:

I guess there is a chance that the FA are protecting their players by not enforcing the wearing if there is a professional repercussion - nothing to stop Kane wearing it anyway is there?

If he starts the game on a booking then his ability to dive for penalties is put at risk and we can't have that, it's his main responsibility in this team

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Guest said:

If he starts the game on a booking then his ability to dive for penalties is put at risk and we can't have that, it's his main responsibility in this team

Give the captaincy to Maguire then, his main responsibility is being shit so it works perfectly if we can get him sent off.

Edited by Mark_w
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I would love someone to have the balls to wear one. Take the booking and the suspension, but be willing to stand for something you believe in. 

EXACTLY THIS!!!

Alot of words said by alot of people, including fans, pundits and players.

ACTIONS speak alot louder than empty words.

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Not if you had a bet on kane and bale to both get yellow carded in their first match.

Ha ha, you’ve found a major flaw in their plan. I know they’d stop the betting but imagine if the bookies got absolutely turned over on a run of bets because of this decision. lol 

The sooner FIFA gets dismantled the better. If it doesn't it's because the national FAs are just as corrupt and immoral. And who knows how much further down the system this goes...

It would be a brilliant statement if UEFA stepped out of FIFA or did anything of actual consequence.

I think £1.5million pa Infantino has a point, he IS like a migrant worker who can earn as much as £1 per hour.

His predecessors got much more than that in envelopes alone so in comparison he terribly hard done by 😐

Give it time Gianni, maybe you can sell it to Saudi Arabia next.

8 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Yes it was embarrassing. Kane though said he'll wear it. Come on Kane, do it. Are you scared of a yellow card? Are you so poor you can't afford a fine? 

You do it…!

If a player gets a 2nd yellow,which means red. He lets his teammates down,the fans,the country. Nothing to do with the money,he’s said he would pay,

just denying FIFA threats, is no moral win for anybody..

The final could be interesting for the two qualified teams….Might be some FIFA denials going on from players ??

The bosses of the Danish FA (DBU) have just held a scathing press conference saying they're "not just disappointed, but also angry with FIFA". The director mentioned that 207 out of 211 FIFA countries are supporting Infantino for the presidential election, but that Denmark was not one of them. 

I don't know how influential they can be, but this is not the end of it and I anticipate quite a few of the UEFA members will rock the boat from now on, including the 9 other nations involved in the OneLove campaign.

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Largely gone under the radar how FIFA signed a deal with betting company - which is now being freely advertised in Qatar. Of course, gambling is forbidden in Qatar though 

The hypocrisy and overt abuse of power is sickening. It's disgusting how they can so brazenly tarnish an already troubled sport.