Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Forest are the only team near the bottom that really have the crowd behind them, Bournemouth too I guess. Not that its a great atmosphere but its not toxic. Southampton was full of negativity yesterday, we are not to that stage yet but its not far. I imagine West Ham and Everton are just as bad. Doesn't create a good environment. 

27 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Ours is actually nothing. Not negative, not positive just silence. It's like a morgue

I think most of us are in a state of paralysis and shock we cannot do anything to change the situation, Rodgers needs to go but the powers at the top won’t make the change.

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

I think most of us are in a state of paralysis and shock we cannot do anything to change the situation, Rodgers needs to go but the powers at the top won’t make the change.

Large amounts of banners in the ground or at Seagrave I think possibly could see changes happen.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

As i've said before that is the most ridiculous excuse i've seen. It's not like we were any good even when we were good

Events off and on the field that have happened recently have sucked all the energy, enthusiasm and even hope out of the fans.

We were promised a transfer bonanza in the summer we got one and a half players in

We were led to believe the stadium expansion was on its way, the silence is deafening.

Rodgers has continually promised to sort out the weak and naïve performances but we stumble and fumble along serving up the same old dross with the occasional enthusiastic performance.

Rodgers has said many times he'll research the causes of the injuries but all he comes up with is a 'small squad' a squad made small by his seemingly intransigence to fully utilise all his squad members and poor transfers that surely he had some say in.

We have an administration reluctant for whatever reason to fully back the fans in their attempts to improve the atmosphere paying lip service to appear like they care.

We have an administration who seem to have got a Masters in running children's parties as they seem to think that load music, a few flags, light shows, pre-match pyrotechnics and some cheap t-shirts fired into the crowd is going to raise the match fan involvement. It's what it is a side show and I'd guess is not what most of the fans go to games for.

They say it's the hope that kills you, well I guess I'm safe for a while as my as even my hope has dissipated.

As Ted Lasso would say “You know what the happiest animal on Earth is? It’s a goldfish. You know why? It’s got a 10-second memory. Be a goldfish, Sam.” but it's hard to forget nightmare performances

• Like 4

I never used to have an issue with goal music when it was Fire (barely noticed it to be honest) but this current noise just cuts into the raw enjoyment of madly cheering a goal. VAR has exacerbated this as well as you're wondering whether the goal will be disallowed in the back of your mind.

As far as the stadium being quiet - apart from the great escape and premier league winning season - our atmosphere has almost always been pretty bland in terms of singing, even going back to Filbert Street in the 90s but at least there was banter beforehand and around the stadium and fans would make their feelings known about the manager, the board etc.  These days we all seem to walk down there in virtual silence knowing we're going to be served up a load of boring dross to watch.  It's hard to be too cocky with the banter when you're 90% certain you're going to lose to a team that you should be easily beating.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lcfc098 said:

The worst thing is i think that those at the top (including Top) genuinely believe the fans like all of these circus acts like the lights, fire shows, t shirts etc. In reality, they are so out of touch.

A lot of fans do want it though.

I think some of the circus can be positive depending on the occasion and position in the stadium as well as who you're with but a lot of it is either unnecessary, inappropriate or overdone. 

T-shirt cannons are fine in the family stand/P1 where the kids do get excited about it - it's not my bag but I'm not 9 years old. I take my kids and they like it as well as the pre match games they have outside.  To be fair they've never known anything different though.  But that kind of thing has no place in/around the Kop for instance where more traditional fans are sat stood.

Fireshows are fine when it's a big european game but not for a mid table clash.

The lightshows are sh!t and just look like the fuses are on the fritz.

The goal music - just NO!

They're definitely out of touch with some of their core fanbase (and the same can be said for the entire Premier League) but a lot of us more old-school fans are maybe just as out of touch with what the majority in the stadium want. 

Only thing keeping me going these days is that I'll see my mates every couple of weeks as we get older. The matchday experience (regardless of what's happening on the pitch) is rancid. Like a Butlins kids disco.

Edited by Ted Maul
Can't believe I've used the words 'matchday experience'. They've got to me.
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Atmosphere there is no atmosphere, singing section is like a school assembly .

And what do you contribute? Guarantee you're one of the ones who sit on their hands the whole game until there's a referee to complain about rather than actually supporting the team

4 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

Ours is actually nothing. Not negative, not positive just silence. It's like a morgue

Still a far better experience than Cheltenham at home in League One. I was there and it is etched in my mind as the most depressing match day experience I’ve had at Leicester. Hope we never go back to that. 

How much of this pre match garb like light shows, fire cannons, loud music etc etc is driven by commercial interests? Because you see it at so many PL grounds these days, occasionally featured on broadcast and very often in marketing and montage packages. Loads of PL clubs can't have had the same idea at once. 

6 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Still a far better experience than Cheltenham at home in League One. I was there and it is etched in my mind as the most depressing match day experience I’ve had at Leicester. Hope we never go back to that. 

Why was it the most depressing as an experience?