Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Agree overall. Having watched more non league football recently, my god it is so awfully slow. I have been complaining less (LESS not stopped!!) about our brand of football, because at least you see some quick play and overall strength

It’s even slow when the ball is off the pitch. We take forever to take a set piece or a throw in 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Agree overall. Having watched more non league football recently, my god it is so awfully slow. I have been complaining less (LESS not stopped!!) about our brand of football, because at least you see some quick play and overall strength

It can be a hard watch at times. 

You get the odd really talented player who stands out like a sore thumb but most of the players in league 2 specifically seem to panic when put under pressure and end up going long nine times out of 10. 

As i said previously though the plus side is that the matchday experience is aimed solely at making it as enjoyable as possible for the fabs in attendance.

The atmosphere is usually good aswell!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taupe said:

And what of us winning the 2nd ball? (if that's what it's called, or am I mixing it up with rugby terminology?). That is, sure, the keeper might hoof it long and their CB heads it back but we can challenge, and maybe regain it, from there; we're facing the right direction. 3 short passes in or around our penalty area (under pressure) only to then hoof it (under pressure) doesn't make a great deal of sense to me.  Playing out from the back is fine if you have the space to do so but to simply roll the ball to a FB/CB and have them immediately under pressure is a simply daft tactic.

As I suggest, they do it all the time in rugby. Kicking long gains territory and you can get your challenges in further from your own goal line. A turnover then puts you in possession in a dangerous area for the opposition and not yourselves.

The fact they do it in a completely different sport isn’t really a strong argument! 

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

It’s even slow when the ball is off the pitch. We take forever to take a set piece or a throw in 

This is what irks me more than anything! I swear only Castagne (on occasion) has any resemblance of urgency when taking set pieces.

Surely this instruction comes from the manager?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

This is what irks me more than anything! I swear only Castagne (on occasion) has any resemblance of urgency when taking set pieces.

100% agree, Castagne runs off the pitch to get the ball back. I genuinely think that we have our fair share of ‘thick’ footballers. Doing stupid things like kicking the ball away … when we’re losing! 

It does come down to the boring football and the waiting for the eventual mistake at the back which leads to us conceding. 

Fair play to UFS last night , at least they tried,  but there's so many people that aren't up for a game and just sit there .

Don't know why most don't just stream the game through their tele , save their money and stay in the warm.

We're usually better as a fan base when we're up against it or they feel the refs giving us nothing or both.

2 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Yeah Castagne is the only player who visibly looks pissed off at the moment. He’s been very 6/10 recently but I can get behind a player who genuinely looks bothered by it 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Like others have said the lack of awareness from our club atm is mental. Losing at home to Fulham at ht and they start firing t shirts into the crowd. Why is that a good idea?!

You only have to look at the apathy the club as a whole has for a cup quarter final in a weeks time 

• Like 1

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

The fundamental idea of a t-shirt cannon at a football match is heinous in and of itself. Watching middle aged blokes stretching with all their might to catch a XS fruit of the loom t-shirt but not being arsed to clap their hands or move their lips does boggle the mind. 

It’s a joke, I’m convinced we are being ran by forest fans 

23 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The fundamental idea of a t-shirt cannon at a football match is heinous in and of itself. Watching middle aged blokes stretching with all their might to catch a XS fruit of the loom t-shirt but not being arsed to clap their hands or move their lips does boggle the mind. 

Someone who got a t shirt fired at him on Boxing Day launched it back at the pitch and violently stuck his fingers up. I am still laughing about it, it was so funny. But imagine being that man and how much having that level of miserableness must grind you down 

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Someone who got a t shirt fired at him on Boxing Day launched it back at the pitch and violently stuck his fingers up. I am still laughing about it, it was so funny. But imagine being that man and how much having that level of miserableness must grind you down 

I seen 2 or 3 being lobbed back last night lol 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

went to the game on Tuesday night. 

terrible, terrible atmosphere, not helped by the performance but underpinned by a combination of a dreary, backwards looking pre game set of rituals set up by the club, tinpot ideas dreamt up and 5 different types of fan which all combined make for a disjointed, toxic atmosphere on all occasions where we don't totally dominate a team.

pre - game: There is no whipping up of atmosphere with proper entertaining pre game action: there is the warm up,  video collection of goals that remind us we aren't as good or exciting as we used to be and two dreary songs that no one sings along to en masse prior to kick off. Needs a rethink to re-energise the crowd in an authentic way. 

tin-pot ideas: t-shirt cannons, 'fan cam', 25 x honesty flag announcements in the 40mins before kick off. we get it you melons.

5 types of fan:

1, Singing fans/hardcore  LCFC away fans - not seated all together, not enabled to drive the atmosphere of the whole stadium like the old Kop/DoubleDecker. Neither here nor there vs the best atmosphere stadiums, despite efforts and all the threads i've read. Most often heard saying 'He's one of our own or you're shit ahhhh' but stopping after two renditions of any song. 

2,Mainstream fans of the club sitting in West Stand, SK's, A's and C's - not paying the cheapest or the most premium prices and sat in proximity to the two main singing areas. help drive the atmosphere when we are on top but disappear when we are at a low ebb and check their phones for bets / whatsapps or get the boiled sweets out depending on their age. Most often heard saying 'Why isn't (insert name of player who isn't on) playing, this is Rodgers' fault, all this'

3, Families in the North Stand, - integral to the club and its future and joining in with singing, cheering when the stadium is absolutely rocking but as silent as you might imagine a family stand to be at most other times. Most often heard saying "do you need the toilet? If you can wait til half time we'll get you a chocolate bar". 

4, Dickheads in the North Stand - accessing cheaper tickets but turning up shitfaced, stoned or both and ruining the atmosphere for families. It's not their fault they are priced out of other tickets, but everytime i've been in there i've seen altercations or families move/leave due to this mix of people in the same stand. These fans expect everything to be amazing all the time because they learnt about football on championship manager and have the opposition teams striker in their FPL team. 

5, Lounge fans -a big mix of committed fans who want to spend the extra, corporate entertainers, ticket sharing families, complementary wallers and sponsor tickets - Absolutely tons of them not creating or destroying an atmosphere. Mostly worrying if Rebekah Vardy is in the V9 Box, if 'Top is in' or whether it would be ok to pre order two pints for half time and watch the first bit of the second half on the screen. Spoiler - the answer is yes. 

I don't know the answer - but the combo in the King Power as it stands doesn't work. in the new stadium redevelopment there needs to be a way to create a proper KOP, have a proper family area, incorporate safe standing/ acceptable ticket pricing for other fans aswell as the family area and organise some proper entertainment before the game that builds up the atmosphere without being cringe as ****

Edited by FosseSpark
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

tin-pot ideas: 25 x honesty flag announcements in the 40mins before kick off. we get it you melons.

You know what, so many people don't get it. I saw loads after Newcastle take them and a couple of blokes behind us last night were rolling them up. One guy actually said it was for his son who didn't want to come to show him what he missed! I told them both the stewards would take them off them on the way out and one guy decided not to risk it. The other one was last seen arguing the toss with some fluorescent-jacketed "turnstile co-ordinator".

But honestly, the whole concept of those flags is a guide as to where the club is today. 6 years ago we were being lauded for our celebrations breaking richter scales and the amazing buzz around our club on an upward trajectory. These days, people argue about singing sections, whilst the club sticks massive flags on 2000 seats and asks us to share nicely and wave them on cue. It's embarrassing. It's so sterile now the place has an LCFC Women's game vibe about it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Weller Wing said:

It does come down to the boring football and the waiting for the eventual mistake at the back which leads to us conceding. 

Fair play to UFS last night , at least they tried,  but there's so many people that aren't up for a game and just sit there .

Don't know why most don't just stream the game through their tele , save their money and stay in the warm.

We're usually better as a fan base when we're up against it or they feel the refs giving us nothing or both.

I have noticed more people sitting in SK2 dunno what has changed.