Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Just now, An Away Move said:

Football was awful. Stadium was comparatively empty. I pretty much sat in SK1 alone. Nearly everyone else in B sections. 

I was at the game and I remember having a great time. We won 4-0, some cracking goals albeit against a bad side, and those in attendance were making some noise. I’ll be honest before the hard work of Union FS, SK1, especially the bottom part, always had empty seats! So I’m not surprised with your experience.

I also think our differing opinions show how much someone’s experience of a game is an individual experience, rather than collective one.

4 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Rather have less fans who want to make a noise than a full stadium who are silent

Couldn’t disagree more. It was akin to going for a night out in Humberstone Gate. Absolutely dire - but tinged with memories of it being thriving and great once upon a time. 
I have zero nostalgia for our League One days. 

Edited by An Away Move

10 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I was at the game and I remember having a great time. We won 4-0, some cracking goals albeit against a bad side, and those in attendance were making some noise. I’ll be honest before the hard work of Union FS, SK1, especially the bottom part, always had empty seats! So I’m not surprised with your experience.

I also think our differing opinions show how much someone’s experience of a game is an individual experience, rather than collective one.

I take your points but I hope we don’t get relegated for a very long time. Our beautiful new training ground and planned stadium expansion will immediately switch from being magnets for top talent and assets to crippling liabilities. We’d be in real danger of bankruptcy I imagine. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I take your points but I hope we don’t get relegated for a very long time. Our beautiful new training ground and planned stadium expansion will immediately switch from being magnets for top talent and assets to crippling liabilities. We’d be in real danger of bankruptcy I imagine. 

If we are reliant on staying up, then it’s a pretty stupid business plan. The training ground was a waste of money, if we’re  considering it within the context of current times. As for the stadium, I’d quite like the ground to stay as it is, but have some more nods to the past. Like our league one season and beyond. 

Your answer also indicates that your opinion was based on the division we play in. I don’t want us to get relegated(obvious statement), but sometimes I wish for a drastic change that would mean the sideshow of the matchday is forgotten, and those who are there are present to support 11 men in blue and not the fact it’s a premier league game. 

• Like 1

If people think relegation would solve the issue, they're bang wrong. As a mate correctly mentioned to me, Tuesday night was a prime example of exactly how it would be most weeks.

All it would mean is more midweek games and no cap on away ticket prices. It ain't the 'proper football' paradise that all the "Respect from a [nondescript team] fan" type lads on Facebook banter pages would have you believe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If people think relegation would solve the issue, they're bang wrong. As a mate correctly mentioned to me, Tuesday night was a prime example of exactly how it would be most weeks.

All it would mean is more midweek games and no cap on away ticket prices. It ain't the 'proper football' paradise that all the "Respect from a [nondescript team] fan" type lads on Facebook banter pages would have you believe.

It would take a few seasons down there before it started to build into something organic amongst the fans. 

The kick off times are even more ridiculous in the EFL. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

As a drummer, I always hate hearing drummers at football.

Couldn't agree more! Drummers just seem to make a noise at any ground I go to; any drummers viewing this - please try to  play a tune!

It would be great if a drummer could play in tune with any chants, or initiate some...wishful thinking I know!

4 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Couldn't agree more! Drummers just seem to make a noise at any ground I go to; any drummers viewing this - please try to  play a tune!

It would be great if a drummer could play in tune with any chants, or initiate some...wishful thinking I know!

I've had fleeting fanciful ideas of getting my very, very loud snare drum out but 

1 - it costs a fortune and we know what stewards are like

2 - it'd go down about as well as goal music

41 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Our fans are ****ing dreadful. Same miserable bodies are able to lock out the tickets for these types of games and turn up to only be heard singing Jamie Vardy’s won more than you to ****ing Gillingham.

Maybe they’ll be back in time to listen to the Newcastle fans later.

This game went to members.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Our fans are ****ing dreadful. Same miserable bodies are able to lock out the tickets for these types of games and turn up to only be heard singing Jamie Vardy’s won more than you to ****ing Gillingham.

Mate they were literally giving tickets away to todays match. Why didn’t you go and make some noise. Most will have made a hell of an effort to get there 

• Like 2

Guest David Oldfields Gate
2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Mate they were literally giving tickets away to todays match. Why didn’t you go and make some noise. Most will have made a hell of an effort to get there 

Agree. Looks like loads of Leicester in the home ends as well. Gold star to those that made it in my opinion. I bottled it after realising there was no trains, did not fancy a miserable January motorway day.

3 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

It was terrible today, as is often the case, and at the moment it does reflect the lightweight, passive team we are currently watching. But I accept the argument that should be no excuse for the malaise in the stands, but in reality it does make a difference of course. 
I was there, and although I want to make a noise and join in, I’m not the type to start songs off so have to take some responsibility I realise. The quiet did feel a bit depressing today.
To be fair though, the context of the Vardy song from us was in reply to them singing about him, so our reply was always going to happen. 

Edited by Drew Peacock
  • Like 1