Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

English traditional atmospheres are done. Bar a handful of clubs its mainly silent here. Active supporter culture/ultra/organised support thats where atmosphere has moved to.
Every country bar ours has thriving football fan scenes.

Totally agree. Some people here criticize the ultra culture saying they don't need a megaphone or drum leading them in the singing, but clearly they do especially home fans.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

You only have to look at the demographic of fans abroad compared to the UK though. You don't see many 40 year old women with their kids having a sandwich in the middle of most of European 'kop' ends.

Families back in the day if they went to the games would stay clear of the kop. The premier League has diluted the 'kops' of this country. Families will sit there as there is no reason why they wouldnt plus it is a cheaper seat than other areas.

Rail seating would put them off (hopefully) 

I'm in SK3 and the amount of people around be that seem to hate the singing section is bizarre. Like loudly slagging them off and calling them pathetic.

But on the other hand I have 3 young lads early 20s and all they are bothered about is how their bets are doing and wanting players to 'snap' players. It's just such a odd crowd at the minute. 

You’d be surprised in my experience - but the mentality regardless of age and gender is the same. 

Bang on about the criticism on signing section. Had some helmet at MK was vocal with his criticism and just after a reaction. 

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

English traditional atmospheres are done. Bar a handful of clubs its mainly silent here. Active supporter culture/ultra/organised support thats where atmosphere has moved to.
Every country bar ours has thriving football fan scenes.

Grounds full of middle aged blokes that actively despise any form of atmosphere.

Average age at the KP must be well over 50 these days.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

You’d be surprised in my experience - but the mentality regardless of age and gender is the same. 

Bang on about the criticism on signing section. Had some helmet at MK was vocal with his criticism and just after a reaction. 

Yeah their mentality is different, they buy into it and realise if you are in that area you sing and shout and support the players.  

Yeah I don't get the hatred towards the UFS but saying that I don't get the majority of our fans at the minute. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Look at Arsenal. They introduced a proper section behind the goal of active support and look how much better the Emirates atmosphere has gotten. Probably also a reason why they are unbeaten at home in months. Fans push the players on not the other way around

Their group has blown up. Its very impressive actually.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Sums our fans up really when many just blame the club and what’s going on on the pitch.

Our fans are just a bit shit as a collective. Bar a couple of seasons that coincided with a miracle (and the much derided clappers) it’s been this way ever since I’ve been going. I went to Leeds the other day cos my mate’s dad couldn’t go so I got his ticket - don’t think I can ever remember us being 2 and then 3-0 and the atmosphere being like that unprompted.

Admittedly any set of fans would struggle to create too much noise with the performance on Boxing Day but longer term the excuses made are pathetic. We’re just a bunch of miserable whingebags as shown whenever I have the misfortune to read this forum these days. We’re an Everton tribute act these days.

Admittedly it's only one example but I think the atmosphere v Man Utd at 3-1 down was excellent iirc.

I remember thinking even at 3-1 down we were still in this game, we can fight back. Oh to have that positivity and feeling of fight now.

You know from the first kick what kind of game we're in for nowadays. We were dead after 10 minutes on Boxing Day.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Admittedly it's only one example but I think the atmosphere v Man Utd at 3-1 down was excellent iirc.

I remember thinking even at 3-1 down we were still in this game, we can fight back. Oh to have that positivity and feeling of fight now.

You know from the first kick what kind of game we're in for nowadays. We were dead after 10 minutes on Boxing Day.

Yep because everyone expects success now. Since we won the prem, our tickets are not really that hard to come by as long as you buy a membership and pay the ticket prices so prices the working class fan out now. Ground is full of families and kids and even the lads who are 20-40 don’t seem to want to get involved 

5 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Yep because everyone expects success now. Since we won the prem, our tickets are not really that hard to come by as long as you buy a membership and pay the ticket prices so prices the working class fan out now. Ground is full of families and kids and even the lads who are 20-40 don’t seem to want to get involved 

Disagree with the first part certainly.

Can only speak for myself but I don’t expect success. 

As I’ve said for the majority, apart from youngsters and those who have jumped on the bandwagon (and may I just say, what twats they look now) we’ve been shit more than we’ve been good, we can deal with being shit, we can’t deal with being bored out of our ****ing minds.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Fill? I'm sure I remember there being crowds of eight or nine thousand, never mind fill the place!

Absolutely. I think one home match v WBA attracted 7,000. Of course there were a few times when the max of 22,000 went but by no means many. Now we could get 35,000 every game if we could fit them in.

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

Disagree with the first part certainly.

Can only speak for myself but I don’t expect success. 

As I’ve said for the majority, apart from youngsters and those who have jumped on the bandwagon (and may I just say, what twats they look now) we’ve been shit more than we’ve been good, we can deal with being shit, we can’t deal with being bored out of our ****ing minds.

I agree, and like I said our ground is full of people who have come to see us win and for a day out, not even sure half of them are our fans they just live in Leicester but because it’s so easy to get tickets they can. Our atmosphere will only get worse once the extension happens and I’m not sure how much worse it can get tbh

• Like 1

6 hours ago, goose2010 said:

You only have to look at the demographic of fans abroad compared to the UK though. You don't see many 40 year old women with their kids having a sandwich in the middle of most of European 'kop' ends.

True, but I don’t think it’s right to say our Kop is the same as other grounds in England. 

It’s all demographics (age/social being the most important) and for some reason our home crowd just doesn’t really have it really. Never really has, to be honest. 

On 29/12/2022 at 07:08, 1884Man said:

Bring back the clappers?

When I'm PM I'll make suggesting the return of clappers an imprisonable offence. No trial, no jury, 3 months in Welford Road.

No clappers

No honesty flags

And FFS ditch the pyrotechnics. We've gone from decibel records in 2016 to frustrated silence in 2022.

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Bottom three rows more interested in filming YNWA and Liverpool free kicks than joining in with chants tonight. Bizarre. 

Possibly because some of our chants were in my opinion going too far. Particularly the “always the victim” chant 

3 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Judging by their stewards behaviour today that’s exactly what they are. Jumped up ‘victims’ who are always playing that card 

The stewards and police were very strange. Put a proper divide between the fans and it should cut out a lot of the problems. How many stewards were there and so many police vans as well. Operation Overkill.