Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

Guest David Oldfields Gate
54 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I was at the back and the atmosphere was reasonable first half - Couldn't hear the home crowd at all 

Agree. In fact until the equaliser it was absolutely buzzing where I was. Great fun, all packed in tight, under the balcony, broad range of characters, very reminiscent of the old days.

Stewards in that away end were under orders. All Liverpool fans and didn’t like us celebrating going one up. Proper jumped up jobsworths making things up to kick people out. Loads around me were told aggressively when we scored the first, led by a bald guy called Gary that ‘lean on the railings again and you’ll be out’. Getting in peoples faces pushing fans around as a steward then getting jumpy when told where to stick it. Lo and behold half time comes and he’s up with 20 stewards saying ‘come down for a chat’. Taken out by 20 stewards and thrown out for doing absolutely nothing. Games gone 

Edited by K1FOX

8 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

Truly terrible end tonight.

Things are that bad I thought it was half decent. 

They don't offend me, but the loudest chants were about feeding scousers again rather than backing the side. 

Oh and the Anfield atmosphere continues to be the biggest myth going. It might be rocking for big games but most grounds are. 

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

17 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Agree. In fact until the equaliser it was absolutely buzzing where I was. Great fun, all packed in tight, under the balcony, broad range of characters, very reminiscent of the old days.

Yes I thought that - Definitely had the feel of a Leicester Malevolence on Tour as some really gave it to the home fans. 

11 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Stewards in that away end were under orders. All Liverpool fans and didn’t like us celebrating going one up. Proper jumped up jobsworths making things up to kick people out. Loads around me were told aggressively when we scored the first, led by a bald guy called Gary that ‘lean on the railings again and you’ll be out’. Getting in peoples faces pushing fans around as a steward then getting jumpy when told where to stick it. Lo and behold half time comes and he’s up with 20 stewards saying ‘come down for a chat’. Taken out by 20 stewards and thrown out for doing absolutely nothing. Games gone 

Yes I thought that - Operation Overkill - they need proper segregation in that Anfield Road stand - Instead they seemed to justify their huge presence with continually going into the crowd to have a word when it wasn't really necessary 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Yes I thought that - Operation Overkill - they need proper segregation in that Anfield Road stand - Instead they seemed to justify their huge presence with continually going into the crowd to have a word when it wasn't really necessary 

Conflict of interest surely if this fella is stewarding in the away end and can’t keep his emotions in check 

D582F44E-9197-4D86-8DB4-32CF7E24EA0E.jpeg

0CEA2FC4-0938-4F29-99F8-4A863C5263FA.jpeg

39 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

We’ll serve up plenty worse ends than that this season.

Was average not terrible, just a shame most of our fans are more bothered about taunting the scousers instead of supporting the team. 

Was probably due to my positioning then, I was right down the front to be honest and it definitely didn’t travel down to where I was.

11 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

The stewards and police were very strange. Put a proper divide between the fans and it should cut out a lot of the problems. How many stewards were there and so many police vans as well. Operation Overkill.

Kicked off after Everton this season at goodison and at the KP v Liverpool last season so police were always going to be up for this one

On 30/12/2022 at 13:20, MattFox said:

Grounds full of middle aged blokes that actively despise any form of atmosphere.

Average age at the KP must be well over 50 these days.

Yeah, every away match I’ve been to in the past couple of years has been the same. A bit of noise from the home fans before kickoff and then generally silent unless the action on the pitch gives them something to cheer about.

The noise is always made by the away fans, and it’s why I find away matches much more fun to go to (when I can get a ticket!). Home fans are full of families and older people - nothing wrong with this - and a mixed demographic, whereas the away fans are generally on a day out to X town or city and make the most of it. The demographic tends towards 20-40 year old blokes with a few bemused girlfriends looking on, and being a small enclave of city supports leads to more singing in the concourse before which carries on to the stands.

I don’t think it is a problem limited to to Leicester, it seems to be the default crowd behaviour across the premier league apart from where clubs have made an effort with singing sections or standing/rail sections 

• Like 1

On 31/12/2022 at 09:17, K1FOX said:

Gary Baldy?

• Haha 1

On 31/12/2022 at 09:17, K1FOX said:

I've made an official complaint of the over zealous stewards and the way my lad was treated - Not sure how I'll get on 

Now the usual dirge posts have been made on this topic, if anyone wants to try and do something about this issue rather than just talking about it, you can move your season ticket into the singing section at any point this season. About 25% was kept back for match by match tickets which means there's good availability towards the back with seats together if you need them. 

Call up the ticket office to sort it. If you're struggling email [email protected] . I think there's a small fee (shock) but probably worth it to drastically increase your enjoyment of games. 

• Like 2

IMO, the section won't really take off until it gets moved in camera view on the TV. Like Arsenals, everyone started talking about it on social media and gave it a lot of exposure to other fans and their own fans too. Gets people talking about it which can only be a good thing.

1 hour ago, Lcfc098 said:

IMO, the section won't really take off until it gets moved in camera view on the TV. Like Arsenals, everyone started talking about it on social media and gave it a lot of exposure to other fans and their own fans too. Gets people talking about it which can only be a good thing.

Saw AA at Arsenal get a lot of slander from their own lot as well on Twitter, like ours does. But as @Sol thewall Bamba eluded to above the folks who wanted to make a difference to the atmosphere moved their seats in there and hats off to them it has took off there. 

11 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Saw AA at Arsenal get a lot of slander from their own lot as well on Twitter, like ours does. But as @Sol thewall Bamba eluded to above the folks who wanted to make a difference to the atmosphere moved their seats in there and hats off to them it has took off there. 

Yeah im in it, i agree with that but my main point is once it gets the attention of other teams fans it seems to really take off. At the moment, i see comments like "they have a section in a little corner" 

• Like 1

Guest Fox99

Please let's not have the clappers back again, we shouldn't have to revert to them to produce a better atmosphere. Not only do they make us look like a small-time club, the atmosphere wasn't significantly better with them anyway. Yes they made a big difference in 2015 and after that but they then became ineffective. I would have preferred us to have never had them and with other fanbases it wouldn't have ever taken off, but it is what it is.

I do think ours is a particularly unique fanbase, at least it feels like it. I also feel there's an argument that the fanbase has lost its way somewhat, there's certainly differences when you compare us to Forest and Villa for example. I quite like the recent introduction of the honesty flags though, in my opinion they look good and can add to the atmosphere.

Edited by AlexFT