Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

We start so many games so poorly that it sets the tone for the atmosphere. I’m not results focussed but just want to look forward to going to our games again 

Agreed, this team is never fired up at the start of games. For example I’d be interested to know when the last time was we scored a goal in the first 10 minutes.

Guest Mee-9

Should have booed them off the pitch at half time, and full time. 

There should have been a chant of ‘Brendan Rodgers, Get out of our club.’

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Should have booed them off the pitch at half time, and full time. 

There should have been a chant of ‘Brendan Rodgers, Get out of our club.’

Booed off 1st half / cheered on 2nd half

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Ward rolling the ball out to his defense with half the Fulham players waiting to pounce

We/he seem to like to do that. It's what lead to Newcastle's first goal.  It's vogue too, and I don't get it - it's tiki-taka gon mad I tell yer!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, taupe said:

We/he seem to like to do that. It's what lead to Newcastle's first goal.  It's vogue too, and I don't get it - it's tiki-taka gon mad I tell yer!

Mentioned it before, it seems to lead to more goals for the opposition.  Some might be able to profit from doing it...barcelona, real madrid, Man city etc....But most aren't good enough.

• Thanks 1

The whole matchday experience is becoming worse and worse over time. 

The club seem to want to control every aspect of your experience from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave. Whether that's the security guards who act like bouncers or blaring out music at unbearable volumes. 

Sadly my son now prefers to go and watch the cobblers but even i can see why he finds it more fun watching a league 2 side. Only downside is the footballs pants lol

Edited by lee7
  • Like 1

Feel a bit sorry for the UFS lot, there is literally 10-15 of them singing their hearts out most of the game at the front...it's certainly not turned out as a singing section at all, a section of 3 or 4 rows mainly not a block of 600. I think when you are dished up tripe on the pitch it won't help the atmosphere either. People peddling a massive atmosphere at LCFC - it will never happen. I'm not fussed either way, just saying it never has or will happen. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Tommy G said:

Feel a bit sorry for the UFS lot, there is literally 10-15 of them singing their hearts out most of the game at the front...it's certainly not turned out as a singing section at all, a section of 3 or 4 rows mainly not a block of 600. I think when you are dished up tripe on the pitch it won't help the atmosphere either. People peddling a massive atmosphere at LCFC - it will never happen. I'm not fussed either way, just saying it never has or will happen. 

🤣😂🤣

I just don’t know.. the kop can put in a relatively good rendition of WYS but then struggle to encourage the team whatsoever. Amazing how the ref got more sing song than the team did.

All I know is if one of the chances would of went in eg youris thunderbolt, kp would have been bouncing!! 

31 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Mentioned it before, it seems to lead to more goals for the opposition.  Some might be able to profit from doing it...barcelona, real madrid, Man city etc....But most aren't good enough.

There lies the problem with possession based football.

Do you know what made me laugh yesterday? We tried to play out from the back, so called ‘pretty football’, Amartey, Faes, either side of Ward on a goal kick, Ward, rolls it out to Faes, Faes runs forward, turns round goes back, rolls it back to Ward, Ward steps on the ball, looks around, passes to Amartey, Amartey gets closed down, Amartey hoofs it up field, Fulham gain possession, come forward at us.

How does this constitute a better ideal of football? What is the aim?

Theres a belief it draws the opposition out - yes, who close up down, pressure us (whilst putting ourselves under pressure), with the opposition inevitsblu waiting for a mistake which with patience it comes in due course.

I’ve read many saying playing out from the back > A goalkeeper kicking it out long because it usually just gifts the opposition possession - tell me what’s the difference to what I explained last night?

Besides if a long goal kick out gifts the opposition possession what’s wrong with that when you can pressure them in their own third? Rather than playing it around your own third putting yourself under pressure.

1 hour ago, taupe said:

You’re not wrong.

• Like 1

There are some fanbases (Leeds spring to mind) that will always be loud no matter what. Most respond to what's in front of them.

Given we have very little hope and play boring football, and add all of the atmosphere-sapping elements (goal music etc.), and it's no surprise it's a ghost town.

Drop the loud music, get at the opposition first 10. Guaranteed the crowd will get behind the team immediately. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, lee7 said:

The whole matchday experience is becoming worse and worse over time. 

The club seem to want to control every aspect of your experience from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave. Whether that's the security guards who act like bouncers or blaring out music at unbearable volumes. 

Sadly my son now prefers to go and watch the cobblers but even i can see why he finds it more fun watching a league 2 side. Only downside is the football is pants lol

Agree overall. Having watched more non league football recently, my god it is so awfully slow. I have been complaining less (LESS not stopped!!) about our brand of football, because at least you see some quick play and overall strength