Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Did anyone else think the QPR end was not full of rent a tunes. Could well be wrong but sounded like they had a lot of loud unique stuff.

Not really lots of generic chants you rrrr’s makes them sound like retards but they were loud to be fair

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Did anyone else think the QPR end was not full of rent a tunes. Could well be wrong but sounded like they had a lot of loud unique stuff.

We were right next to them and have to admit they were pretty loud. Surprised how many they bought too. They obviously all enjoyed their big day out. Fair play to them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Just feel the players sucked the life out of chasing an equaliser. The momentum was there after we pulled one back but didn't put them under any pressure whatsoever and it went flat again

I'm not making excuses for our fans as I'm in total agreement that we're terrible, but I've often thought about our inability to mount any sort of sustained pressure because of the style of play we've adopted for years now has contributed. We just don't get that wave of togetherness that we've seen from other clubs this season when we've caved in.

• Like 2

Atmosphere was poor today, but for me that's the teams fault.

I hate people arriving late, leaving early, not joining in chants, going down for a snack or pee after 35 mins.. but today I really couldn't blame them

That was so lacklustre I questioned why I had bothered staying myself. Frustrating 

4 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Atmosphere was poor today, but for me that's the teams fault.

I hate people arriving late, leaving early, not joining in chants, going down for a snack or pee after 35 mins.. but today I really couldn't blame them

That was so lacklustre I questioned why I had bothered staying myself. Frustrating 

It’s been like that when we are winning though. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

It’s been like that when we are winning though. 

Yea I know to an extent.. but it's just really uninspiring. I've always chanted and stayed till the end, but today I came close to walking out, it was terrible. 

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

They have a pretty good fanbase tbf 

Very working class as well which is unusual for that part of London

Watched today on a stream.

It was bad when we moved grounds but **** me no wonder the players aren't up for it .

An absolute soulless bowl, dead.

This is not the game I grew up with . RIP 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Yea I know to an extent.. but it's just really uninspiring. I've always chanted and stayed till the end, but today I came close to walking out, it was terrible. 

Yeah it was flat as a pancake, especially first half. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MattFox said:

I was thinking driving home that if someone put a gun to my head and made me support a London club, I'd probably chose QPR.

24 minutes ago, MattFox said:

They’re the council estate fans of the west London clubs, not that that’s a problem of course but you can see why they’re well supported vocally. 

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I was thinking driving home that if someone put a gun to my head and made me support a London club, I'd probably chose QPR.

Good shout.  Top ground too.  Old school.  Right on top of the pitch

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Today has been the closest I’ve been to leaving early for a long time. I didn’t, but more fool me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Not Orient?

14 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

New low today.  3 quarters of my row disappeared at 32 mins.....didn't reappear until 55 mins.  

I like I pint but I tend to go to the pub or get a drink in home if i fancy one.  What I don't do is spend 40 odd quid to watch a match then **** half of it off to have a weak overpriced drink.  Seriously? Why?  It's beyond me.  I'd ****ing hate to miss a goal or a talking point and above all else I'm there for the footy not the beer.  If you love a drink, fair play but there's better places to drink on a Saturday afternoon than a cold souless concourse.  Come on lads watch the game, support the city! 

I completely agree with you. I've never left a game early or gone down for half time before the whistles blown.. but today I could kind of see why people do it.

But like others have said, people do it when we are winning.. its embarrassing 

Same as yourself though.. at half time half the block had vanished 

• Like 1

Yo be honest it's pretty hard for the crowd to get fired up to watch the team fanny around at the back, if they were throwing in tackles and surging forward the crowd would get going. When it's after 90 minutes and we are tarting around at the back,  it's kind if hard to get behind that. The atmosphere wasn't so bad today. Gonna but tragic on the 12:30 kick off at Easter. 

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Great to see the masses heading for exits early again today… At some point the lads on the pitch are going to need a big effort from the stands.

It was infuriating to see so many fans leaving from 85 minutes onwards when there was so much still riding on the game. Heard some QPR fans commenting on it on the way out of the ground. 

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Is Barry Hearn still associated with them? If so, definitely not.

Well Ecclestone was a Hitler lover and no one boycotted the club then, so I don’t think QPR have any moral perches to look down from. 

Sure, Hearn is a twat, but should every club be judged by a historic link? No, he isn’t associated with them anymore. In fact, the only thing you could slate them for is Wellens - and that would be legitimate because he’s to blame for everything.