Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I enjoyed today, thought we were good.

I also thought Hull were better than previous years as well. Nice to see clubs with less “reputation” giving it a go.

I have a lot of time for Hull and think Rosenior has done a great job. I think they have got steadily better all season and used the Jan window wisely.

Glad you had a good day today! :) 

• Like 1

Good until they scored their first then it just never quite took off again.

Hull's atmosphere was probably the best it's been at that place, which isn't saying much admittedly, but it's picked up for sure.

Firstly I understand this is a discussion focusing on ourselves, our fanbase and our stadium but I’m hearing rally cries more and often from managers needing fans to play their part.

Arteta being the latest on the radio this morning. Obviously we’ve heard it ourselves from Enzo. Reckon Pep’s done it more than a few times. Just 3 examples, all out of the same ‘stable’ but I'm certain there are many more examples.

I don’t remember hearing it (certainly as often) or there being a need to hear it back in the day (….ergh)

I don’t with to go over old ground but it’s unfortunately a byproduct of modern society and the modern game. Sanitisation. 

That's not to say it’s right or any insight into fixing it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Firstly I understand this is a discussion focusing on ourselves, our fanbase and our stadium but I’m hearing rally cries more and often from managers needing fans to play their part.

Arteta being the latest on the radio this morning. Obviously we’ve heard it ourselves from Enzo. Reckon Pep’s done it more than a few times. Just 3 examples, all out of the same ‘stable’ but I'm certain there are many more examples.

I don’t remember hearing it (certainly as often) or there being a need to hear it back in the day (….ergh)

I don’t with to go over old ground but it’s unfortunately a byproduct of modern society and the modern game. Sanitisation. 

They've created a closed shop that is boring as ****. 

Teams that have the audacity to compete get ****ed over by the league whilst the top teams just continue. 

Every team plays the same ****ing way 

Boring nonsense destroyed by rich ***** who can all **** off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Fergie, and Keane, mentioned it 15/20 years ago at Man Utd. Mourinho too when he was at Chelsea.

Klopp and Pep in more recent times.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Fergie, and Keane, mentioned it 15/20 years ago at Man Utd. Mourinho too when he was at Chelsea.

Klopp and Pep in more recent times.

Yeah its just the way its been heading since 92...in England anyway.  But i think overall english fans are generally quieter and more reserved thats nothing new.  But the way the clubs target certain demographics and surpress the fanbase isnt going to help.  I think most managers havent got a clue about how fans are treated in England so can't understand why the fans are so quiet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Add this to the list of excuses. 

Just stop lying to yourself, people don't join in because they really don't have much passion for the club. The post above yours pretty much sums it up.

I thought the reason given many times in the past for a lack of atmosphere was the priority 1 flask and blanket brigade taking most of the available tickets.?

Yet today when we have 6000 with an opportunity for many who usually struggle to get away tickets it was actually no better if not worse than usual.

31 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Add this to the list of excuses. 

Just stop lying to yourself, people don't join in because they really don't have much passion for the club. The post above yours pretty much sums it up.

Having passion for your club doesn’t mean it’s only shown by being vocal. This is part of it of course, but making the effort to put yourself out financially, time wise, travel wise just to watch them play, is as far as I’m concerned, showing passion and commitment. I love LCFC and have done for the past 60 years. I don’t envisage this ever stopping. I would only put myself through these trials and tribulations for my immediate family. I see the King Power stadium and Filbert St. before that, as my spiritual homes. My passion for them is all consuming and I don’t acknowledge judgmental views from someone  who thinks that being passionate means singing throughout the match. As it happens, I do support them vocally .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As I said in another thread I thought it was decent from where I was sitting in the Chelsea Family Stand, even if the singing was a bit disjointed between upper and lower as you often get with bigger away followings.

As an aside and apologies for the poor picture quality but £38 is an absolute ****ing disgrace tbqh.

IMG-20240317-WA0001.jpg

• Like 2