Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

3 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

It's not just our place that has dropped off massively when it comes to Atmosphere, the famous Roker Roar has been reduced to a stadium of light pindrop by the sound of things last night. 

If they were top of the Championship and heading to the PL that place would be absolutely rocking 

As it is they are absolutely shit 

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

They have drums. They don't need them.

Not so sure, while the middle section of the away end was pretty decent last night, without a drum there's not a whole lot to either slow things down, or keep things going once they start. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's your opinion, but there's a good reason they're used in probably 90% of stadiums globally.

Why are they only in about 10% of English grounds? 

15 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Because for better or worse it's not mainstream in English culture (yet). Which is a factor in why English grounds are completely devoid of any atmosphere.

Btw I think it's probably higher than 10%, definitely in the lower leagues.

It's for better.

• Like 1

'if they were doing well, it'd be rocking' 

This might be true - and if it is, it's a stunning indictment of supporters only supporting when things are going their way. And it also makes our apathy, despite being top, even worse. 

Of course, it's the football at fault. Or Enzo. Or Rudkin. Or the seating. Or the preponderance of older fans. 

Nope. It's on us, spoilt and bloated with expectation that seems one way. We're all victims, to an extent, of instant gratification culture. So I sympathise with it, but don't accept the 'nothing to do with me' attitude that many take. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Every team sings it when their own home atmosphere is complete gash as well.

Not only is it hypocritical it's a really crap chant any way you look at it.

Always seemed weird to me, it's a song that tars everyone. There'd hardly be a library feel if away fans were on it, irrespective of what home fans are up to. 

I really do hope chelsea is a better atmosphere than last night, I was more towards the middle which wasn’t bad, but you had the left side doing their thing, the middle cottoning on then the right was doing their thing.. not saying it’s bad but when two songs are being done at the same time it don’t sound great.. lol

Edited by MS0204

On 04/03/2024 at 20:47, SemperEadem said:

Members tonight have come back from a meeting with them. How I read the feedback as its pretty disappointing from

the clubs side of things.

Got to be mindful of stuff on here as they watch it like a hawk and are very prissy about what gets said. Lots of oh we will look into that or no not right now. Kicking stuff away into the long grass. 
Very obviously don’t have the atmosphere in the stadium as very high on the list of importance. I wan’t to be positive about the ground redevelopment but I just can’t see them utilising a golden chance.

*I have nothing to do with any supporter group*

You don't need to say anything, but I can.

It's quite clear from the way the club has behaved during Top's time that the club doesn't give a flying fvck about long-term fans.

They want compliant customers who rock up, buy their fvcking ridiculous memberships, fill baskets in the overpriced shop, fvck off down to the concourse during the match to spend a mint on shite refreshments, and then they can all piss off home at any point they fancy in the second half - their bank accounts have been drained...the earlier the better because it means Khun Top doesn't get hurty feels from being booed at full time.

KPFC doesn't give a shit about singing sections, supporter culture, affordable tickets, communicating openly or safe standing. They don't care about long term fan loyalty, they only care for repeat purchase intentions. The club is being run as a retail entity with all the soul of a tinpot Top Shop (pun fully intended).

Fvck King Power. Fvck the board. Fvck KPFC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

*I have nothing to do with any supporter group*

You don't need to say anything, but I can.

It's quite clear from the way the club has behaved during Top's time that the club doesn't give a flying fvck about long-term fans.

They want compliant customers who rock up, buy their fvcking ridiculous memberships, fill baskets in the overpriced shop, fvck off down to the concourse during the match to spend a mint on shite refreshments, and then they can all piss off home at any point they fancy in the second half - their bank accounts have been drained...the earlier the better because it means Khun Top doesn't get hurty feels from being booed at full time.

KPFC doesn't give a shit about singing sections, supporter culture, affordable tickets, communicating openly or safe standing. They don't care about long term fan loyalty, they only care for repeat purchase intentions. The club is being run as a retail entity with all the soul of a tinpot Top Shop (pun fully intended).

Fvck King Power. Fvck the board. Fvck KPFC.

Don't sit on the fence, tell us how you really feel.

39 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

In your opinion 

Shared by many in England. Given the lack of drums and the regular piss taking of drum using supporters. They're shit and annoying. Just sing innit.

• Like 1