Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Bet Top shat it when that banner came out with him throwing a wobbly at the last one he was there to see.

He was milking the celebrations when we scored

High fiving etc very “look at me”

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Sat near SK1 and boy are those UFS lads making a difference. Night and day compared to the last few seasons.

Lovely bit of handbags outside East stand from some West Brom. Proper "hold me back" stuff.

It was Wolves last season so there's something in the water that way.

Just now, Mike the Metal Ed said:

It was Wolves last season so there's something in the water that way.

We’re just the big day out this season

Plenty of clubs that never bring many here have turned up in big numbers this year

Stoke, West Brom, QPR etc

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

Brill atmosphere at times others quite quiet but best I’ve seen in P/P1. Get rid of kungs bs but I thought freed from desire and the others were class it was bouncing where I was 

Yeah same, love  freed  from desire, can't  stand kungs I hope they do away with it altogether next season 

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Would of been even better at the end if half the crowd had bothered to stay behind. The family stand was almost empty at the full time whistle.

Our supporters are odd.  If you can't stay behind for that why bother.

It’s odd!

you look forward to it all week but you can’t wait to leave??

I will never get it.

7 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

It’s odd!

you look forward to it all week but you can’t wait to leave??

I will never get it.

Same here. Massive game. Hanging on for a win and people streaming out with 5 minutes left. They honestly can't enjoy football 

• Like 3

I must admit after the last 2 months I thought I may have lost the bug a bit. But when that 2nd went in I went absolutely berserk. The end I was dancing around like a nutter. I think I’d been so used to being disappointed over the last 26 months I was kidding myself. Bloody great it was today. 

• Like 3

I hope today proved to some of the fans as well that are atmosphere can involve a bouncing crowd as well I get that it can be awful most of the time but days like today can create atmospheres that go on for months when we played Leeds and they beat us 1-0 it started their let’s go ****ing mental chant so maybe the last few games could prove to be like that for us 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, adam said:

Would of been even better at the end if half the crowd had bothered to stay behind. The family stand was almost empty at the full time whistle.

Our supporters are odd.  If you can't stay behind for that why bother.

Chap next to me in SK1 arrived 5 minutes after kick off.

Then he left on 40 mins and arrived back in his seat at 54 minutes.

Then he left on 84 minutes.

And he didn't sing/say a word all match. Most bizarre.

• Like 4

When we were turning teams over easily some months back (ok it feels like years ago now), some people complained that if you can't generate a good atmosphere if you're winning 3-0 every game, then when can you?    But someone did point out that the easy wins were lacking any jeopardy or tension, which was why most of the crowd were just sitting back relaxed and lapping it up.

The last few home games, particularly today, have shown just how true that is.   The last 10 minutes were noisy and passionate, because it was important, and we were only leading by a single goal, and we were hanging on and clearly trying although running out of steam.   The crowd were behind the players willing them on (well apart from the usual twats that had left early).

Today was proper football.   Nerves shredded, tight win, great day!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Didn’t seem a particularly warm embrace from Top to Rudkin at the end … maybe something of nothing. 

Rudkins a moody bastard didn’t look like he gave too shits, at least with top with all the poor decisions he’s made you know he cares about this club 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Chap next to me in SK1 arrived 5 minutes after kick off.

Then he left on 40 mins and arrived back in his seat at 54 minutes.

Then he left on 84 minutes.

And he didn't sing/say a word all match. Most bizarre.

I had a couple next to me that sat down all game even when we scored didn’t move miserable feckers

19 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

When we were turning teams over easily some months back (ok it feels like years ago now), some people complained that if you can't generate a good atmosphere if you're winning 3-0 every game, then when can you?    But someone did point out that the easy wins were lacking any jeopardy or tension, which was why most of the crowd were just sitting back relaxed and lapping it up.

The last few home games, particularly today, have shown just how true that is.   The last 10 minutes were noisy and passionate, because it was important, and we were only leading by a single goal, and we were hanging on and clearly trying although running out of steam.   The crowd were behind the players willing them on (well apart from the usual twats that had left early).

Today was proper football.   Nerves shredded, tight win, great day!

I couldn't go today, but was at Millwall last week. As painful as that performance was, to see and hear how much it meant to Millwall fans was also proper football. As indeed was the case at Plymouth. Our football clubs mean so much to us