Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
coalvillefox

Personalised Number Plate

I have one which I got my for 21st as a present. Its my initials and 21 as the numbers. Also spent more than the plates on changing it over for cars since!

There's a lot of cars local to me that have plates with FEV as they live in featherstone. Kind of makes sense but also a bit odd to have it.

Edited by slymunn

3 hours ago, coalvillefox said:

I've always liked the idea of personalised stuff. I played in goal for years and always had my initials on the wrist band of my gloves. I bought a set of bath towels for me and the wife and had our names embroidered on them. Personalised stuff has always appealed to me, no idea why.

Are you Roger Federer?

I am happy to own full on miserable bastard status, and admit that not only can I not see why anyone would feel the need to name or identify themselves in this way, it just seems to be the reg plate equivalent of 'baby on boards' stickers - in other words, a mild form of attention seeking/one-upmanship.

Don't @ me, I am sure some of you can justify it (to yourselves) but for once, I'm not interested :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coalvillefox said:

I've always liked the idea of personalised stuff. I played in goal for years and always had my initials on the wrist band of my gloves. I bought a set of bath towels for me and the wife and had our names embroidered on them. Personalised stuff has always appealed to me, no idea why.

Are you alan partridge? 

If you see a burgundy Bentley continental with the number plate RC1 and a blue Mercedes SL500 with RC2 in town, avoid them, neither cars are insured or taxed and the number plates are stolen from other people. If you run a check they are registered to other vehicles

my father owns them, gone batshit crazy and believes he is a freeman of the land.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, drew said:

If you see a burgundy Bentley continental with the number plate RC1 and a blue Mercedes SL500 with RC2 in town, avoid them, neither cars are insured or taxed and the number plates are stolen from other people. If you run a check they are registered to other vehicles

my father owns them, gone batshit crazy and believes he is a freeman of the land.

Show him some Sovcit videos from the states  sovcit v K9 is a good one

If you cant afford a personalise plate and are Really that sad to want one, a cheaper option would be to change your name by deed poll to the number plate!

By65awk sounds a great name.

(Thank you viz!)🤣🤣

17 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Do people seriously think when they buy these number plates that somebody is going to look at it and then have some sort of respect for the driver?

The real benefit is making it easier to remember registration plates when making petty nuisance reports to the authorities about someone's driving indiscretions

Surely the way forward is to get custom decals made. You don't have to have a crappy string of letters and numbers that look a bit like your name but not really, you can have literally anything you want, the only limit being your own imagination. Probably cheaper too.

I might get 'Bellend' written in the style of the old 'Fame' logo, that would project my image pretty strongly.

I don't think I'd put my own face on though, I think that would be going too far