Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Strange Glow in Leicester Sky

I think my wife mentioned it last night when she went out to bring some stuff in from the dryer, and naturally I wasn't listening.

Sounds very much like when they were using those fancy lights to help the grass grow at the KP.

It's a shame as I was sort of crossing my fingers that it heralded an alien invasion and the end of human civilisation but, you know, chin up and all that

• Haha 2

I saw redness in the sky and I'm in Thurnby. 

No way that could be anything to do with the KP its miles away?

Maybe the Northern lights getting abit lost!!

Edited by Raj

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

it was over the house last two nights like a orange glow it wasn't KP as it was right over my head

It is the KP pitch lights, I can see the stadium from my house upstairs and usually can see it just over the area around the ground. 

this week it’s reached a further spread and on Twitter someone wrote they have got new lamps which I assume are brighter/stronger which has caused the light to spread further. 

6 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

it was over the house last two nights like a orange glow it wasn't KP as it was right over my head

4 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

It is the KP pitch lights, I can see the stadium from my house upstairs and usually can see it just over the area around the ground. 

this week it’s reached a further spread and on Twitter someone wrote they have got new lamps which I assume are brighter/stronger which has caused the light to spread further. 

That clears that up then....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Pretty cool indeed... 

It's very beautiful in an eerie way and very interesting to see it spread so far across the city.

I can't help but think there's something wrong with using what must be an incredible amount of power to keep some grass growing when most of us are finding every way possible to not turn the heating on though.

• Like 4