Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Aston Villa 2-4 Leicester City - Vote Now

Aston Villa 2-4 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.7

Total Average Rating

158 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Kelechi Iheanacho 8.2
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Danny Ward 5.1
  4. Manager Confidence 70% +23%

Season: 2022/23
Voting Starts: 04/02/23
Voting Ends: 09/02/23

1. Danny Ward
  2. Timothy Castagne
  3. Harry Souttar
  4. Wout Faes
  5. Victor Kristiansen
  6. Youri Tielemans
  7. Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall
  8. Tetê
  9. James Maddison
  10. Harvey Barnes
  11. Kelechi Iheanacho
  12. Dennis Praet (sub)
  13. Nampalys Mendy (sub)
  14. Jamie Vardy (sub)
  15. Luke Thomas (sub)
  16. Çağlar Söyüncü (sub)

8s all round, though Tete, Harvey, Madders and KDH get a 9 and Seniorman gets a 10. I need to see a replay of KDH's ball to Barnes in the run up to Kels goal cos it was ****ing sublime. Souttar was very unlucky to concede the OG. Ward gets a 6.

All in all brilliant performance, especially to come back from 1-0 and 2-1. 

Nacho MOTM for me 9 out of 10 would have been 10 if he had scored that sitter at start of 2nd half.

Impressed with Tete and VK both improved the side, thought Soutter was shaky but improved as the game went on.

Ward is an absolute liability and we are going to have to score 3 or 4 a game with him in goal if we are going to win.

• Like 1

Watching that today, I couldn’t help thinking we are a goalkeeper away from being able to challenge at the right end of the table again.

7s across the backline 8 for Kristiansen 

7s for Youri and KDH

8s for Tete, Maddison and Barnes

a goal and 2 assists get Iheanacho the 9 and MotM

24 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

8s all round, though Tete, Harvey, Madders and KDH get a 9 and Seniorman gets a 10. I need to see a replay of KDH's ball to Barnes in the run up to Kels goal cos it was ****ing sublime. Souttar was very unlucky to concede the OG. Ward gets a 6.

All in all brilliant performance, especially to come back from 1-0 and 2-1. 

Kristiansen was way better than Barnes on the Left 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Wish people would get off Wards back neither goal was his fault yet the poxy sheep on this site blame him for everything.  I’m far from a Ward fan but don’t blame him for sake of it. 

Thought he was very slow to get up off the floor for the 1st and he seemed to be thinking too far ahead on the second tbh. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Love the result but can’t help but think we didn’t look great aside from our ability to pounce on some of Villa’s atrocious mistakes and survive their awful finishing. 

Still, 4 goals at Villa, a sexy new Brazilian baller and the Seniorman were more than enough to make me forget about any concerns listed above!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Wish people would get off Wards back neither goal was his fault yet the poxy sheep on this site blame him for everything.  I’m far from a Ward fan but don’t blame him for sake of it. 

Agree with the sentiment in general terms but his reaction time on the first goal was nowhere near quick enough.  It was my immediate reaction watching the goal live and has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks. 

32 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Agree with this.

He was outstanding in the 5 games running up to the world cup

If you want to keep undermining his confidence then carry on scapegoating him

I agree we need a top class keeper to challenge top, 6 but its like managing a business or a group of people, you support and encourage to get the best out of them (ultimately you have to replace/upgrade but that often takes time)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red Squirrel said:

Agree with this.

I agree we need a top class keeper to challenge top, 6 but its like managing a business or a group of people, you support and encourage to get the best out of them (ultimately you have to replace/upgrade but that often takes time)

He wasn’t “outstanding” at all before the WC though. made basic saves any professional keeper would’ve made - please post a link to a save that was genuinely PL class, let alone a string of them which meant his performances were “outstanding”. We kept clean sheets because our defence improved and he didn’t have anything particularly strenuous to do not because of Ward.

Also “scapegoat”?! Why if anyone is criticised here do people scream “scapegoat”. Do you honestly think the criticism of him is monstrously unfair? I think people are just calling a spade a spade tbh and calling a player who is clearly way out of his depth, way out of his depth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Squirrel said:

Agree with this.

He's the worst keeper in the premier league, there's no denying it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

A PL keeper could certainly have done better with both goals even if they wouldn’t necessarily 100% have saved them and Ward was bailed out by his defence and the offside flag on several occasions. He left an open goal and Villa with a free shot which our defence did well to scramble across to block on 2 or 3 separate corners with utterly bizarre attempts to flap at corners. Faes also saved a one on one with a last ditch challenge where Ward had committed ridiculously early and been completely done by the forward. That’s not to mention the pathetic attempt at saving the offside goal, which we got a bit lucky with and we’d be screaming at VAR as the offside was not interfering with play if we’re honest 

Since when is a goalkeeper’s performance solely based on whether a goal was solely “his fault” or not.

His performance today was so so poor and on another day where our defence weren’t as switched on could easily have cost us 3 or 4 goals. I don’t see how you have to be a “poxy sheep” to notice that

Edited by Sampson

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

A PL keeper could certainly have done better with both goals even if they wouldn’t necessarily 100% have saved them and Ward was bailed out by his defence and the offside flag on several occasions. He left an open goal and Villa with a free shot which our defence did well to scramble across to block on 2 or 3 separate corners with utterly bizarre attempts to flap at corners. Faes also saved a one on one with a last ditch challenge where Ward had committed ridiculously early and been completely done by the forward. That’s not to mention the pathetic attempt at saving the offside goal, which we got a bit lucky with and we’d be screaming at VAR as the offside was not interfering with play if we’re honest 

Since when is a goalkeeper’s performance solely based on whether a goal was solely “his fault” or not.

His performance today was so so poor and on another day where our defence weren’t as switched on could easily have cost us 3 or 4 goals. I don’t see how you have to be a “poxy sheep” to notice that

Very well put other then how can any m other goalkeeper do better if the result of the sum is the same? I wasn’t on about the rest of the game. The first goal came off the bar and Castagne was too slow to react the 2nd goal came from an own goal. Goalkeepers position themselves to cut out the cross. No one expected the deflection can not blame anyone for that. 

5 hours ago, taupe said:

Youri is class. I hope we can convince him to stay.

He always looks so happy when he celebrates. It's hard to believe he'd want to go based on that isn't it?

Maybe he's being proffesional and honouring his contract because we took a chance on him but him and Maddison don't look like two players that want to go elsewhere.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sampson said:

He wasn’t “outstanding” at all before the WC though. made basic saves any professional keeper would’ve made - please post a link to a save that was genuinely PL class, let alone a string of them which meant his performances were “outstanding”. We kept clean sheets because our defence improved and he didn’t have anything particularly strenuous to do not because of Ward.

Also “scapegoat”?! Why if anyone is criticised here do people scream “scapegoat”. Do you honestly think the criticism of him is monstrously unfair? I think people are just calling a spade a spade tbh and calling a player who is clearly way out of his depth, way out of his depth.

As requested....

You will find 3 here 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OOQmMvYFnk You will have to copy this and then paste it into your browser

Then watch this one

https://www.facebook.com/lcfc/videos/superb-danny-ward-save-against-brentford/253189326195054/

The point is we need our keepers to be the best that they can be for the rest of the season, which means building their confidence not destroying it. The situation can only be addressed in 6 months time.

Fortunately the home crowd collectively seem to follow this logic.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

As requested....

You will find 3 here 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OOQmMvYFnk You will have to copy this and then paste it into your browser

Then watch this one

https://www.facebook.com/lcfc/videos/superb-danny-ward-save-against-brentford/253189326195054/

The point is we need our keepers to be the best that they can be for the rest of the season, which means building their confidence not destroying it. The situation can only be addressed in 6 months time.

Fortunately the home crowd collectively seem to follow this logic.

I can’t use the Facebook link but those YouTube ones are all exactly run of the mill saves that I’m talking about you’d be shouting at your keeper if they didn’t save in League Two. Especially those Forest and West Ham saves, they’re literally as run of the mill as they come and are straight at him, you’d be raging if any professional keeper didn’t save those. No way you can genuinely think those are “outstanding” without massively overcompensating.

I get people want him to do well even when it’s obvious he’s not good enough, but some people are weirdly trying to make out any old save is brilliant with him to do so which is just weird.

Edited by Sampson