Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Random / Semi Unheard of Players you’ve spotted that we should look at

On 06/04/2023 at 14:59, sacreblueits442 said:

...he has been discussed numerous times on this forum!!!

Seems to blow hot and cold, another one of @Ric Flair one to watch.

A good one to watch is Romeo Lavia, he is the player you would want Soumare to be and the player Rodgers wanted Ndidi to be.

like soumare he has poor defensive positioning and tackling, i wouldnt go near him

...i have posted about this player before, but he is worth picking up, just for the price (£4m on Transfer Market) and contract expiring 2024!!!

He needs a good coach to help him fulfil his potential, and to change the way he sees the game. He needs to move the ball on quicker and play a switch ball, when he has pulled so many plaers on to himself.

Two players i would go for this summer to replace Maddison and Tete are Mcatee and Cole Palmer from Man City. With the abundance of attacking talent Man City have there is a situation where both of these are good enough to be breaking out as key players for a top 6 sides but instead theyre on rotation/loan.  Considering Man City dont seem to have room for them you would hope they would be willing to sell for a decent price.

Mcatee in the championship looks like a young maddison. 

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 1

Nestory Irankunda (2006) in the goals again for Adelaide, last minute equaliser.

5 goals, 2 assists in 18 games, but only comes off the bench, so it’s 5 goals in 444 minutes. A goal every 90 is a good return IMO!

Scary thing is how much other teams are adjusting to him every time he comes on, there’s an aura that he’s going to do something special. Saw him in person a few weeks ago, he’ll be playing for the Socceroos for a long time. 

• Like 2

I suspect @Ric Flair is the only other person watching AZ vs Hadjuk in the Uefa Youth League Final right now.

But Addai and Poku for AZ look very good. Addai playing RW but predominantly left footed, loves to cut in from the flank and looks very pacy and confident on the ball.

Poku is a big unit for a striker, already shown how much pace he has on a couple of occasions running in behind.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I suspect @Ric Flair is the only other person watching AZ vs Hadjuk in the Uefa Youth League Final right now.

But Addai and Poku for AZ look very good. Addai playing RW but predominantly left footed, loves to cut in from the flank and looks very pacy and confident on the ball.

Poku is a big unit for a striker, already shown how much pace he has on a couple of occasions running in behind.

Both are superb on FM, not seen much of either though in real life.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Both are superb on FM, not seen much of either though in real life.

Don't play any more :( 

But also first time I'm seeing them. Looking at a bit of the stats in the comp though, Poku has scored quite a few. But AZ's main scorer, Meerdink, is on the bench. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Safestandingfox said:

Arda Güler at Fenerbahçe looks to have all the hallmarks of a serious attacker in the coming years if he continues progressing. 

It's a scandal he's not been used more this season, seems destined for a mega career. I'd hope we are tracking him but truth is we are probably not attractive enough any longer to a talent of his ilk.

On 26/04/2023 at 12:08, Ric Flair said:

It's a scandal he's not been used more this season, seems destined for a mega career. I'd hope we are tracking him but truth is we are probably not attractive enough any longer to a talent of his ilk.

Feel as though it would have to be a gamble worth taking this summer, or I agree he'll be off to somewhere with European football every season, if not titles. 

• Like 1

...he reminds me of  Chilwell, a good athlete with intelligence but with composure when in the final third!!!

That was what was missing from Chilwell when he was with us and I felt we should have looked to develop that part of his game as it was obvious to see it was the missing part of his game. 

Very much a pity that it is down the left, or if Barnes goes this player, he could be the left winger that we need. Just watched his first few minutes and he has bigger left-wing instincts than Barnes. His level is presumed not Premiership quality, but he can play all over the pitch.

23 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he reminds me of  Chilwell, a good athlete with intelligence but with composure when in the final third!!!

That was what was missing from Chilwell when he was with us and I felt we should have looked to develop that part of his game as it was obvious to see it was the missing part of his game. 

Very much a pity that it is down the left, or if Barnes goes this player, he could be the left winger that we need. Just watched his first few minutes and he has bigger left-wing instincts than Barnes. His level is presumed not Premiership quality, but he can play all over the pitch.

He’s a great talent, I don’t think he’ll quite be Prem but a good Championship player is in there.

His defence and work rate is underrated, swings forward very well when the coach makes subs. 

Would be unreal as a LWB in 5-3-2 

• Like 1