Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HUNTA84

Seagrave

10 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Absolutely, I have no doubt it can happen. However, the point is, the new offices you had just like Seagrave - isn’t to blame. The benefit of better infrastructure can’t be the cause of blame. 

The inability of senior management to make the premises work as it should, is the number one factor. 

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

I guess it's all down to how you manage it.

I was involved in my companies move from an outdated, cold, grim rabbit warren of a building where the shop floor workers were segregated from the office with separate entrances, canteens, wage structures and working hours and many other areas of daily working life. Part of the move involved needing an internal  cultural change so a project was set up under the name of Equalisation, this was all levels form the human interaction, systems through to simple communication. The difference it all made was massive including a significant increase in production and output.

This move to Seagrave seems to have been managed by the same people that organised the move from Filbert St to the Walkers Stadium with out any thought of how it affects human interaction.

Absolutely. What could have been a positive move to stabilise and put the club on a strong long term footing seems to have possibly been mismanaged, and literally impacts on performances on the pitch. 

There clearly needs to be a root and branch review of what’s gone on and we need fresh perspective in all areas it seems. I’d love to see what a new and innovate DoF etc could do. Why hasn’t these moves and professions also coincided with employing better people, as opposed to leaving a major part of these things to a bloke who used to run the academy when we were crap in the 90-00s?

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I've worked with some big Architects in my younger days as

an Engineer. Yes you are right. They are generally given a brief as too what's needed, like how many offices, Toilets , meeting rooms etc . They then fit them into the Space of the building with little thought as to the flow of the building which best meets the 

of those working there.

For instance, Filing and Photo copying in the Basement.

What you say is largely correct except that the flow of a building is very much within the expertise of architects, so the failing might be down to the incompetence of the architects but could equally be a deficiency in the remit demanded by KP or in the failing of KP to place sufficient importance to recommendations made by the architects in that respect.

• Like 1

Being at City

“You can’t help but be excited when you see this training centre. If you get John Terry saying ‘oh wow’, you’re doing something right. We got him off the golf course, but there’s a golf course here! It’s a great club, meeting the staff and owners has been refreshing. I’ve seen humility. They’re willing to help us. We want to be a success together.”

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...are stewards part of this employee census!!!

I would not be surprised if there is not a waiting list to become a steward at the ground. A department such as that can have a big impact on the staffing levels of the club.

EABB2DD3-1122-4FD9-B1A2-5DFA819608C4.thumb.jpeg.93dfcc6eb00ad4eb2c45d35e8ada64aa.jpeg

The figure doesn’t include matchday staff (Stewards etc)

Including casual staff there’s almost 1000 people taking a wage from LCFC on a monthly basis

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes I understand that but how many Coaches do we employ for instance.

I say there's plenty of admin employed.

Hospitality and PR and Social media plus human resources is 4 I forgot. 

Does Susan operate from Seagrave or is she somewhere else. 

Then Top probably has a PA. For the time he's here.

I would have thought Facility management and Maintenance

might be lumped in with Security.

As they'd have to know what's happening.

I guess you can see the numbers rising quickly but 386 still seems excessive.

Just took a quick look on OS & it has 24 personnel listed as being part of 1st team coaching staff from Smith down to player laision officer, we then have the U21 & U18s lets say another 30 between them but how far down does Seagrave go, all the way to U9? We could have 100+ just on the coaching set up
I think your right in that numbers will quickly rise when you start adding bodies into all the headings we've listed, if we took catering as an example it's not going to be 2 cooks as i imagine there will be an almost 24hrs access to food (thinking people are staying in Seagrave) so how many 'teams' of catering staff would you need to cover all shifts, 3 teams of 8 / more? thats another 24+.
Secuity would be done in the way same way at least 3 teams of 'x' ? these would also cover the KP security i'd imagine, thinking now the catering for KP comes under the banner of Seagrave also maybe?
We then have all those roles that come part of a business + keeping ground (the Turf academy itself) & maintenance etc etc i can actually see hitting 386 quite easily tbh

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

You’re so wide of the mark.

When we did the tour of it post-Moscow it was mentioned then that staff were already feeding back that the close knit feel of Belvoir Drive had been lost. That people who would previously pass each other in the corridor daily were now in separate rooms, on separate floors or at separate ends of the building.

The players have everything you could possibly hope for at a training ground. The idea was no excuses for low performance but there’s the potential that this has just led to no reason to not relax. Hardship (albeit relative for a Premier League footballer) is so frequently a driver/motivator for high performance.

Finally the operating costs of it are way higher than Belvoir Drive ever was. I’m not 100% sure but I think it was about three times the cost. Not to mention the cost of building it. That has an impact on this season for sure. The training ground doesn’t generate more revenue than Belvoir Drive did but the cost being higher absolutely means there will be cutbacks elsewhere to pay for and run it. How many signings last summer was it?!

You’ve simplified what is likely a very significant impact to ‘media and social media hype’ when the feedback from those in it and the cold hard facts of the figures suggest otherwise. That’s without even mentioning the impact on culture.

Every company in the world cares about their culture and a transformative shift like the one the club has been through in moving to Seagrave will have changed the whole culture around the club day-to-day. The question is, was that for the better or the worse?

I’d be willing to bet good money that if we go down - and in years to come there’s a podcast or newspaper article interview with someone like Ndidi or Vardy asking “where did it all go wrong?” - the move to Seagrave will be mentioned.

And just because it's a big place the team doesn't have to be spread to the four winds within, a team cohesive atmosphere can be established anywhere, yes it has fantastic facilities and many pitches etc, but the team can stay together within if needed.

I doubt many of the players are too bothered about saying good morning to all of the staff employed there, everyday, or are to concerned that the Canteen staff room, isnt next door to the changing rooms etc, it's a great modern facility, its the managers and heads of departments job, and everyone within to create a great cohesive working environment regardless of where you are, and it's not like there isn't alot of things to do within the centre to achieve that.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Knowing someone who was given a tour last year they described it to me as one of those big soulless airport hotels in that it looks incredible but the food is terrible and there's no ambience.

It's a football training ground...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Just took a quick look on OS & it has 24 personnel listed as being part of 1st team coaching staff from Smith down to player laision officer, we then have the U21 & U18s lets say another 30 between them but how far down does Seagrave go, all the way to U9? We could have 100+ just on the coaching set up
I think your right in that numbers will quickly rise when you start adding bodies into all the headings we've listed, if we took catering as an example it's not going to be 2 cooks as i imagine there will be an almost 24hrs access to food (thinking people are staying in Seagrave) so how many 'teams' of catering staff would you need to cover all shifts, 3 teams of 8 / more? thats another 24+.
Secuity would be done in the way same way at least 3 teams of 'x' ? these would also cover the KP security i'd imagine, thinking now the catering for KP comes under the banner of Seagrave also maybe?
We then have all those roles that come part of a business + keeping ground (the Turf academy itself) & maintenance etc etc i can actually see hitting 386 quite easily tbh

Yes, When you multiply certain catagories X 24 hour shifts,, it's easy to see how you could easily reach 386 personal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Knowing someone who was given a tour last year they described it to me as one of those big soulless airport hotels in that it looks incredible but the food is terrible and there's no ambience.

I've been there. It feels like a sports training facility.

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Bit problematic if it doesn't feel like one.

It's still relatively new, and will take some getting use too, the ambiance will come as it ages, and more history is created just need to settle into it.

• Like 2

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Here's me writing a pleasant note to you to congratulate you on your visit and this is what I'm met with....one normal day on foxestalk, that's all i ask for.

You're met with people sick of hearing moaning about a training ground, it's been going on for so long. Sorry - but nobody cares.

It's a facility. A tool. The important thing is who occupies that facility.

On 10/04/2023 at 16:50, HUNTA84 said:

Never created a topic before, hopefully I dont get shot down, but i'm wondering why we decided to build this world class facility as its been no use so far. Surely the idea was to try build on what we had acheived in recent years, yet we still can't keep our best players, we can't attract better players. If it's to try entice better players to come to the academy, we're talking a number of years to build on that. Seems a waste of money at the minute, even more so if we're relegated. 

There was nothing but good intentions when "upgrading" our training ground. 

The reality is it looks alot nicer. 

The facilities are slightly better. 

Was the 90 millions that was spent, spent as well as it could have been, no.

Do we have alot more footballing facilities than we had? Not really.