Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HUNTA84

Seagrave

44 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Blaming incredible facilities is one of the weirdest things I've seen from sections of the Leicester fan base.

It's like blaming video technology for referees misusing it.

The facilities are incredible and a proper manager would absolutely use them to gain every possible advantage. Brendan is a people pleaser and spin doctor. He's not got an ounce of man management in him. Telling someone they're amazing and giving them a payrise will make them like you, but it doesn't mean it's good management.

stop talking sense

15 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

I know the training methods etc have been brought into question over the number of injuries we have had, but I did wonder about the possibility that the change in surfaces from Belvoir Drive may be partly to blame? Who knows, I'm sure the pitches will have been laid to whatever the modern standard may be, but are they problematic and maybe causing more stresses than necessary?

The Women seem to be getting their fair share of injuries.

20 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

I always think the indefinable importance of a collective character with teams and squads is difficult to explain. The 2015 16 squad must have been so special. Hopefully the new management team can use what Seagrave offers and matches with a team spirit that has eroded since at least early 2022

Team building in the widest sense is a science. Hundreds of books and PhD on the subject. If LCFC employ 355 people now, surely somebody should have noticed that Brendan didn't have a clue on this aspect, blanking out senior professionals, truly an amateur in a professional sport/science world. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxFossil said:

Team building in the widest sense is a science. Hundreds of books and PhD on the subject. If LCFC employ 355 people now, surely somebody should have noticed that Brendan didn't have a clue on this aspect, blanking out senior professionals, truly an amateur in a professional sport/science world. 

It does appear that Brendan has a very good period with clubs that expires quickly. Our decline under him was alarming

11 hours ago, MattFox said:

386 non playing staff according to the last accounts up from 155 in 2015

That's an awful lot of staff 386

Anyone got any idea as to what they all do on a daily basis.

It would be nice to see a list of all the titles even.

Manager and his pa staff 

Coaches

Physios

Doctor 

Groundsmen

Catering

Drivers

Security

Receptionists

Cleaners

Have I missed any titles ?

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Manager and his pa staff 

Coaches

Physios

Doctor 

Groundsmen

Catering

Drivers

Security

Receptionists

Cleaners

Hospitality 

Property Maintenance 

Public Relations 

Human Resource

PA’s

Facilities management 

Social Media team

Im sure there’s more 

When you mention coaches remember that’s coaches for all academy levels + admin involved in that.

When you mention Groundsmen remember we run a Sports Turf Academy + admin involved in that so not just a head keeper and a couple of grunts.

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

You’re so wide of the mark.

When we did the tour of it post-Moscow it was mentioned then that staff were already feeding back that the close knit feel of Belvoir Drive had been lost. That people who would previously pass each other in the corridor daily were now in separate rooms, on separate floors or at separate ends of the building.

The players have everything you could possibly hope for at a training ground. The idea was no excuses for low performance but there’s the potential that this has just led to no reason to not relax. Hardship (albeit relative for a Premier League footballer) is so frequently a driver/motivator for high performance.

Finally the operating costs of it are way higher than Belvoir Drive ever was. I’m not 100% sure but I think it was about three times the cost. Not to mention the cost of building it. That has an impact on this season for sure. The training ground doesn’t generate more revenue than Belvoir Drive did but the cost being higher absolutely means there will be cutbacks elsewhere to pay for and run it. How many signings last summer was it?!

You’ve simplified what is likely a very significant impact to ‘media and social media hype’ when the feedback from those in it and the cold hard facts of the figures suggest otherwise. That’s without even mentioning the impact on culture.

Every company in the world cares about their culture and a transformative shift like the one the club has been through in moving to Seagrave will have changed the whole culture around the club day-to-day. The question is, was that for the better or the worse?

I’d be willing to bet good money that if we go down - and in years to come there’s a podcast or newspaper article interview with someone like Ndidi or Vardy asking “where did it all go wrong?” - the move to Seagrave will be mentioned.

I doubt many of our fans thought Seagrave was going to be a bad thing for the future of the club.

It was supposed to take us to the next level and probably will in time or at least give us an edge over time.

Miss management is what's cost us and we wouldn't even be discussing it , if Brendan hadn't ruined the 1st team and those below it, to such a degree,  in such a short time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

When we did the tour of it post-Moscow it was mentioned then that staff were already feeding back that the close knit feel of Belvoir Drive had been lost. That people who would previously pass each other in the corridor daily were now in separate rooms, on separate floors or at separate ends of the building.

The players have everything you could possibly hope for at a training ground. The idea was no excuses for low performance but there’s the potential that this has just led to no reason to not relax. Hardship (albeit relative for a Premier League footballer) is so frequently a driver/motivator for high performance.

Finally the operating costs of it are way higher than Belvoir Drive ever was. I’m not 100% sure but I think it was about three times the cost. Not to mention the cost of building it. That has an impact on this season for sure. The training ground doesn’t generate more revenue than Belvoir Drive did but the cost being higher absolutely means there will be cutbacks elsewhere to pay for and run it. How many signings last summer was it?!

You’ve simplified what is likely a very significant impact to ‘media and social media hype’ when the feedback from those in it and the cold hard facts of the figures suggest otherwise. That’s without even mentioning the impact on culture.

Every company in the world cares about their culture and a transformative shift like the one the club has been through in moving to Seagrave will have changed the whole culture around the club day-to-day. The question is, was that for the better or the worse?

I’d be willing to bet good money that if we go down - and in years to come there’s a podcast or newspaper article interview with someone like Ndidi or Vardy asking “where did it all go wrong?” - the move to Seagrave will be mentioned.

I said this earlier, but if layout etc was a problem - do something about it. For example, move people closer to together on to the same floor with a shared kitchen etc. It seems quite linear thinking to move to an amazing new facility with lots of space etc, only to cite the large space as a problem. If this has been a problem - and I’ve been told it has been by someone on the inside - why has no one thought to address it?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I said this earlier, but if layout etc was a problem - do something about it. For example, move people closer to together on to the same floor with a shared kitchen etc. It seems quite linear thinking to move to an amazing new facility with lots of space etc, only to cite the large space as a problem. If this has been a problem - and I’ve been told it has been by someone on the inside - why has no one thought to address it?

...constructing new spaces for staff to occupy, has a tendency to be a concept only project!!!

The overall design of  a space dominates aesthetically, but no one seems to think to ask the people, who will be inhabiting the space, what they want and the practicality of using that space. The use of the space socially is paramount in this instance, it has been long enough and there should have been some feedback from the architects as to how the space is being used and the flow of the main building.  If the players are struggling to adapt to the new environment it also changes the dynamics of the team mentally.

I suspect a few tweaks here and there to make the players a  tighter group is all that will be needed.

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Hospitality 

Property Maintenance 

Public Relations 

Human Resource

PA’s

Facilities management 

Social Media team

Im sure there’s more 

When you mention coaches remember that’s coaches for all academy levels + admin involved in that.

When you mention Groundsmen remember we run a Sports Turf Academy + admin involved in that so not just a head keeper and a couple of grunts.

Yes I understand that but how many Coaches do we employ for instance.

I say there's plenty of admin employed.

Hospitality and PR and Social media plus human resources is 4 I forgot. 

Does Susan operate from Seagrave or is she somewhere else. 

Then Top probably has a PA. For the time he's here.

I would have thought Facility management and Maintenance

might be lumped in with Security.

As they'd have to know what's happening.

I guess you can see the numbers rising quickly but 386 still seems excessive.

51 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes I understand that but how many Coaches do we employ for instance.

I say there's plenty of admin employed.

Hospitality and PR and Social media plus human resources is 4 I forgot. 

Does Susan operate from Seagrave or is she somewhere else. 

Then Top probably has a PA. For the time he's here.

I would have thought Facility management and Maintenance

might be lumped in with Security.

As they'd have to know what's happening.

I guess you can see the numbers rising quickly but 386 still seems excessive.

...are stewards part of this employee census!!!

I would not be surprised if there is not a waiting list to become a steward at the ground. A department such as that can have a big impact on the staffing levels of the club.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...constructing new spaces for staff to occupy, has a tendency to be a concept only project!!!

The overall design of  a space dominates aesthetically, but no one seems to think to ask the people, who will be inhabiting the space, what they want and the practicality of using that space. The use of the space socially is paramount in this instance, it has been long enough and there should have been some feedback from the architects as to how the space is being used and the flow of the main building.  If the players are struggling to adapt to the new environment it also changes the dynamics of the team mentally.

I suspect a few tweaks here and there to make the players a  tighter group is all that will be needed.

Haha this reminds me of what happened where I work. A few years ago we moved to a new purpose built building, and when me moved over it became apparent the consultation exercise management had done was a waste of time. The building had none of the things or features we asked for. But it was ok because the architects had designed something fancy looking from the outside, and parts inside, but on the whole staff were dissatisfied. In our case I wouldn’t say it impacted on culture (I think Covid did that), but being forced into a layout where staff thought they had a say on but it turns out they hadn’t majorly pissed them off.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...are stewards part of this employee census!!!

I would not be surprised if there is not a waiting list to become a steward at the ground. A department such as that can have a big impact on the staffing levels of the club.

Very true, But I assume they would be part time employments on match days. They could be administered from Seagrave,

But I doubt they are part of the 386 figure who I assume are full time employees . Though you could well be right. 

386 still seems an awful lot.

The Community Office is another Heading we hadn't mentioned.

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Imagine you start a small business. That business pinches above its weight and competes in production with its bigger more affluent competitors. 

To narrow the gap you acquire bigger space, but that leads  to significant drop of production and profits. 

There isn’t a business in the world who would accept that. There are two obvious issues why that would happen (there are many but two obvious ones) 1. Your shit at creating the right culture; 2. You haven’t got the right quality of machinery in this nice big shiny warehouse. 

It’s ridiculous to blame Seagrave for the failure we are currently seeing. No club should sit still and it’s right to expand. The blame lies with the management and the players. They’ve got this big shiny place and haven’t got a clue how to use it. This place will be so valuable to actual talent which we will one day see. 

About 10 years ago I worked in the marketing dept of a major company. Our desks were right next to the sales dept and we worked very closely with them - collaboration was excellent and we held joint social gatherings. A key factor in this closeness between the departments was our physical proximity - casual chats at the coffee machine or in the corridor, and the ability to stroll a few yards to somebody’s desk, created an excellent sense of cohesion.

Then the company got bigger and we moved to a larger office. Sales and marketing were put on different floors. Despite the assurances from the heads of marketing and sales that the move would not affect the working relationship between the departments, it did. That collaborative culture disappeared almost overnight and there was a clear impact on productivity. Where previously there was cohesion, now there was an atmosphere of mutual suspicion and, occasionally, hostility. I left a few years later and they still hadn’t sorted it out.

it can happen.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Manager and his pa staff 

Coaches

Physios

Doctor 

Groundsmen

Catering

Drivers

Security

Receptionists

Cleaners

Laundry and Cone cleaners.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I guess it's all down to how you manage it.

I was involved in my companies move from an outdated, cold, grim rabbit warren of a building where the shop floor workers were segregated from the office with separate entrances, canteens, wage structures and working hours and many other areas of daily working life. Part of the move involved needing an internal  cultural change so a project was set up under the name of Equalisation, this was all levels form the human interaction, systems through to simple communication. The difference it all made was massive including a significant increase in production and output.

This move to Seagrave seems to have been managed by the same people that organised the move from Filbert St to the Walkers Stadium with out any thought of how it affects human interaction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Absolutely, I have no doubt it can happen. However, the point is, the new offices you had just like Seagrave - isn’t to blame. The benefit of better infrastructure can’t be the cause of blame. 

The inability of senior management to make the premises work as it should, is the number one factor. 

Sure, but it requires an incredibly strong corporate culture to make it work. If Vichai were still alive, the sheer force of his personality combined with his leadership skills might have made the move to Seagrave work a lot better. But since his tragic demise, our club has lost much of its identity.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Haha this reminds me of what happened where I work. A few years ago we moved to a new purpose built building, and when me moved over it became apparent the consultation exercise management had done was a waste of time. The building had none of the things or features we asked for. But it was ok because the architects had designed something fancy looking from the outside, and parts inside, but on the whole staff were dissatisfied. In our case I wouldn’t say it impacted on culture (I think Covid did that), but being forced into a layout where staff thought they had a say on but it turns out they hadn’t majorly pissed them off.

I've worked with some big Architects in my younger days as

an Engineer. Yes you are right. They are generally given a brief as too what's needed, like how many offices, Toilets , meeting rooms etc . They then fit them into the Space of the building with little thought as to the flow of the building which best meets the 

of those working there.

For instance, Filing and Photo copying in the Basement.

• Like 1