Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HUNTA84

Seagrave

The intentions were good. Create an environment for success and that provides a 'no room for error' approach to player fitness and preparation, as well as the ability to entice top class talent.

However, the all eggs in Rodgers basket approach to the on pitch performance have rendered the intentions null.

• Like 1

Has anyone else read the what's gone wrong at Leicester article by Rob Tanner in the Athletic? It's suggested in it that they've struggled to maintain team spirit since the move as although the players have their every whim catered for they're more isolated from each other than they were when they were squeezed into some of the facilities at Belvoir Drive. Rodgers had supposedly recognised this and taken steps to address it but the jury was out on whether this had been effective

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Has anyone else read the what's gone wrong at Leicester article by Rob Tanner in the Athletic? It's suggested in it that they've struggled to maintain team spirit since the move as although the players have their every whim catered for they're more isolated from each other than they were when they were squeezed into some of the facilities at Belvoir Drive. Rodgers had supposedly recognised this and taken steps to address it but the jury was out on whether this had been effective

I read this and I just hear more evidence of Rodgers having no clue how to do the human parts of the job. 

We're not the only club in the world to have big, impressive facilities. Man City have even bigger and better than ours, they don't lack team spirit. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Personally I’d sell it for housing, try and get the money back for the land while Belvoir Drive is still standing. Nobody wants to be training in the sticks.

Not sure if this is a wind up or a genuine belief, if it’s the latter that’s staggering!

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I read this and I just hear more evidence of Rodgers having no clue how to do the human parts of the job. 

We're not the only club in the world to have big, impressive facilities. Man City have even bigger and better than ours, they don't lack team spirit. 

Well that's true but maybe not surprising that some adjustment was needed.

To be honest I was more interested in the argument in the article about a manager's message becoming ineffective over time, necessitating a change in players (new players having not heard the message before) or the manager (a whole new message) and the club struggling to do either

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

Guest Mee-9

Being honest, living down the road I could have told you it would have been a nightmare when the club couldn’t fork out to sort out the A46 junction.

Bloody death trap that is.

It’s about the future of the club. If the worst happens and we go down everything is in place. Top doesn’t do things just ok everything KP do is to an excellent standard. The Academy players of the last few years will of paid for that just for selling them on. Hopefully crack on with the expansion now and get ready for the next journey with the club whatever league were in. 

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I’m pretty sure that with the benefit of hindsight even Rodgers will recognise that introducing the soggy biscuit game was never going to solve the issue 

10 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Being honest, living down the road I could have told you it would have been a nightmare when the club couldn’t fork out to sort out the A46 junction.

Bloody death trap that is.

Well that's a lie. The club offered to pay for a roundabout or a fly over. And the highways agency came back with just extend the central reservation to allow for coaches turning.

The original planning for the golf course billions of years ago was meant to include a fly over, but the developers pleaded poverty once they had finished the course. 

The club were perfectly willing to pay for any works required. But highways England came back after taking almost the full time scale allowed with the extended Central reservation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I don’t blame Seagrave and totally agree it’s down to the previous manager causing the malaise. 

Rob Tanner only blamed Seagrave because he seemingly has a contractual obligation to mention it in every article he writes…. 

• Haha 2

The new facility was a great piece of foresight and one I'd say Pearson maybe had an input.

It will benefit the club for a time to come. 

Though the facility is only as good as the people working their. By that I mean the Coaches,Physios etc, have to be at the top of their field and forward thinking in their approach to both the game and the Students. 

Personally I'd bring in one or two Dutch Coaches even for a year or two. To develop training programs etc for the Players and to expand on what's happening already their.

We can then widen our search net for young talent from anywhere really. Then with a few making the grade every few years we can save millions on buying players.

The predicament we now find ourselves in should not interfere with the future of Seagrave.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HUNTA84 said:

Brilliant 👏 

It was an investment that has not produced immediate results.  We are  in a dire position and we have a new training ground.   Why did we spend so much on Soumare?  Because we overrated him.   How did we spend only two million on Vardy?  It was inspired.