Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HUNTA84

Seagrave

Never created a topic before, hopefully I dont get shot down, but i'm wondering why we decided to build this world class facility as its been no use so far. Surely the idea was to try build on what we had acheived in recent years, yet we still can't keep our best players, we can't attract better players. If it's to try entice better players to come to the academy, we're talking a number of years to build on that. Seems a waste of money at the minute, even more so if we're relegated. 

• Like 1

The clubs been really lucky that we have had so many youth players break into the first team in recent years given the zero net spend. 

I think someone's assumed best training ground in the area = less spending needed eventually. Doesn't exactly work like that. 

10 minutes ago, HUNTA84 said:

Never created a topic before, hopefully I dont get shot down, but i'm wondering why we decided to build this world class facility as its been no use so far. Surely the idea was to try build on what we had acheived in recent years, yet we still can't keep our best players, we can't attract better players. If it's to try entice better players to come to the academy, we're talking a number of years to build on that. Seems a waste of money at the minute, even more so if we're relegated. 

Well, duh. Obviously it wasn't built with the intention to get relegated! 

• Like 1

Just now, HUNTA84 said:

Surely it was built to keep our better players and attract better players? That hasnt happened Duh

You said we wondered why we built it. 

Of course it was built with the best intentions. But you make it sound like it wasn't lol

We keep our better players by performing better and not being 19th in the league. A world class training facility isn't the be all and end all for a player decided on whether to stay with us or not... 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, HUNTA84 said:

I try to see it as, would we prefer Harry Maguire or Seagrave? 

It will take time to see the full benefits of having such a world class facility. 

I am glad we have it, but I am also not expecting miracles from it either. 

We need to change other things too, but most importantly have a Manager and youth set up that can make full use of it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HUNTA84 said:

I can see why you've never created a topic before.   

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

It is a long term investment. By definition you can’t expect the first team to suddenly transform because the training ground has improved. Over a decade or more that, together with a larger stadium builds the foundation for a bigger club.

Edited by Mr Weller 2
  • Like 1

The place is incredible having seen it not long after it was built. I can't understand why anyone would question having an infrastructure of that quality for the next 100 years. Believe it or not these decisions are made outside of whether we should instead spunk £50m on a couple of players instead.

• Like 3

We built the facilities and left PE teachers in charge of it. Very odd choices tbh. The hiring of McGuiness looked promising but then he ran away as quickly as possible. We've seemingly not replaced him or shown any real action/desire to try and make the academy one of the best in Europe, England or even the midlands.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1